Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m ready to forget all forever with two conditions.

-One apology from Flamethrower. He started all the problems. I have not problems with other CSO user or member or man from other sites.

-One good strategy map guide once and for all. I think that WAR is the best CC on years and I want mod it more, I would like convert a substantial part of my mods on other Close Combat for WAR but I need to change the strategy map. If not I will only convert other mods as the very different Veteran 4.12 from CC5, the TrueGreen version or the Rebellion on the Ardennes.

If you acomplish the first I will forget all. If you acomplish both things, I will forget all and you will see more CC WAR mods from me on other sites.

PD: I would like that people do not judge to other people with the exception from the involved on my opinions, I think that I have very good relations with Zappi and Platoon_Michael and I do not see to the others as a enemy.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:

Good thing Mafi doesn't take the same attitude with his tools these days....or maybe he will, who knows.

hey guys, I may be a world class A hole (and really like it) but Mafi is beyond reproach

@Linebacker...I know you meant it as a reference to the Best of the Best (Mafi) but we don't want to confuse the folks

Is there any point that you dudes actually have some unity?

like fer instance generally agreeing that WaR is way better than most of us expected... (or hoped)

and if in the race to see who mods WaR first and best...there is a little ...er..."confusion", big deal...mod it like crazy ya bastards

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote:

oh, and, any regrets fer crappin all over WaR before ya even saw it?

Nope..."girlie soldiers" are still there Smile
Want to argue about this "girlie soldiers" thing again? Very Happy
I'm also making list of small glitches in WAR...maybe S3T could address them in the patch...if not...fine by me Smile
Maybe if you were paying attention and not just worshiping S3T...you would have noticed these glitches when beta-testing eh? Very Happy

Regards from the pissant-brigade, Flamer! Wink

Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I´m ready to forget all forever with two conditions.

-One apology from Flamethrower. He started all the problems. I have not problems with other CSO user or member or man from other sites.

-One good strategy map guide once and for all. I think that WAR is the best CC on years and I want mod it more, I would like convert a substantial part of my mods on other Close Combat for WAR but I need to change the strategy map. If not I will only convert other mods as the very different Veteran 4.12 from CC5, the TrueGreen version or the Rebellion on the Ardennes.

If you acomplish the first I will forget all. If you acomplish both things, I will forget all and you will see more CC WAR mods from me on other sites.

PD: I would like that people do not judge to other people with the exception from the involved on my opinions, I think that I have very good relations with Zappi and Platoon_Michael and I do not see to the others as a enemy.

I'm thinking that I'm not the first to take you to task there Nomads Fur Fux

...go ahead blame me..the "flamer"...here it comes.......I apologize...

so now.... can you please get back to modding?

Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader wrote:
Flamethrower wrote:

oh, and, any regrets fer crappin all over WaR before ya even saw it?

Nope..."girlie soldiers" are still there Smile
Want to argue about this "girlie soldiers" thing again? Very Happy
I'm also making list of small glitches in WAR...maybe S3T could address them in the patch...if not...fine by me Smile
Maybe if you were paying attention and not just worshiping S3T...you would have noticed these glitches when beta-testing eh? Very Happy

Regards from the pissant-brigade, Flamer! Wink

dude...any chance you'll volunteer for the next build?.....say 100 hours?

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote:

Huh? Confused
Is this another insult or an apology?
Most of the time...I just don't get ya, Flamer Smile

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Bad comments as these do not help us nothing.

You should show more respect to the people. I would like to know what is your position on CSO because your opinions here are a continue insult to the close combat community.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

Bad comments as these do not help us nothing.

You should show more respect to the people. I would like to know what is your position on CSO because your opinions here are a continue insult to the close combat community.

I'm just another poster/member there now....

so lets try again with a little more aplomb, sorry...

I apologize Mr. Nomada Firefox...

When you consider accepting my sincerest of apologies I hope you take into account the fact that I am from Lower Slobovia so my English gets twisted...

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

whoo hoo..i think i ahd my first post deleted, maybe i said a bad word more then insults though............ ***** me

espree de corp

Panzergrenadier87

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

"That man will not hang..."

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
whoo hoo..i think i ahd my first post deleted, maybe i said a bad word more then insults though............ ***** me

Tack
No post are deleted, so it cant be fined in the "deleted" bin, the only once in there are the dbl posts.

Please post this extraordinary post Tack, if you so care fill it with Qoute:"i said a bad word more then insults though............ ***** me" , we have a lot such post and non of em has been "deleted/moved to bin".

You have never been a man of hard words before Tack, Well, feel free to express yer self in this "new" way. This will be intresting...

Edit spelling

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote:

Hm, I am, and most with me, are strong believers in compensation ($) for work (Im not a slave), Though I can work for free for a non profit good cause (free mods and such).
Matrix/S3T are any of there staff getting paid and are they non profit charitys?

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Like stalky said ....

No post will be or been deleted ever.
When we delete a post it's for double post.
Sometime a post maybe moved to appropriated tread.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
Flamethrower wrote:

Hm, I am, and most with me, are strong believers in compensation ($) for work (Im not a slave), Though I can work for free for a non profit good cause (free mods and such).
Matrix/S3T are any of there staff getting paid and are they non profit charitys?

There in lies the rub. Today's generation is definitely made up of 'What's in it for me type of people...we all know that. The community wants all of these things, big changes, a new updated engine, etc...like we all do I think...but only a few are willing to actually do anything that could possibly lead to that outcome. They are volunteering their time and skills in the hopes that someday, what tiny bit of the saleprice that S3T gets from each sale (License holder first = Destineer, the publisher = Matrix, the leftovers = S3T) will be enough to pay for a brand new engine and next generation of CC. The community talks down to them for being 'slaves', but they are the really true fans of the game. They are the givers...not bitching and moaning about everything, just dedicating themselves to trying to help bring something new to the community...in spite of all of the flak they take for doing so by all of the takers. It's also clear that basically nobody understands much about the financial side and legal side of the software industry...on another board, some suggested that Destineer sell the sode to the community...not having a clue that it would likely take a 6-figure number to get that done (yes, believe it)...oh well, what's the point of even continuing, nobody in the CC community undertands any of this, nobody wants to understand, nobody wants to hear the truth and nobody believes the truth when you tell them.

Linebacker has made is final tackle...game over

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Last edited by CSO_Linebacker on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
AT_Stalky wrote:
Flamethrower wrote:

There in lies the rub. Today's generation is definitely made up of 'What's in it for me type of people...we all know that. The community wants all of these things, big changes, a new updated engine, etc...like we all do I think...but only a few are willing to actually do anything that could possibly lead to that outcome. They are volunteering their time and skills in the hopes that someday, what tiny bit of the saleprice that S3T gets from each sale (License holder first = Destineer, the publisher = Matrix, the leftovers = S3T) will be enough to pay for a brand new engine and next generation of CC. The community talks down to them for being 'slaves', but they are the really true fans of the game. They are the givers...not bitching and moaning about everything, just dedicating themselves to trying to help bring something new to the community...in spite of all of the flak they take for doing so by all of the takers. It's also clear that basically nobody understands much about the financial side and legal side of the software industry...on another board, some suggested that Destineer sell the sode to the community...not having a clue that it would likely take a 6-figure number to get that done (yes, believe it)...oh well, what's the point of even continuing, I've think I've had it

I agree.

Only one point, with a CC-WAR with small changes we can play for many years. And I understand very well how are the financial side and legal side of the software industry. Basically ST3 is making these games with its own money. It happens with many games. It happens with all the mods.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Therion

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
oh well, what's the point of even continuing, nobody in the CC community undertands any of this, nobody wants to understand, nobody wants to hear the truth and nobody believes the truth when you tell them.

Why not? Maybe the perception of S3T/Simtek's efforts will improve if you'll write a long article explaining how everything works - both in teamwork and financially?
There are small fragments and suggestions from various people from Simtek/S3T but the easiest thing to assume for outsiders without knowledge is that someone wants to a lot of money at cheap costs.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Therion...

The thing is...not everybody in the CC Community knows about how Simtek/S3T is run (all volunteers team, no capital, CC revival noble cause etc). Maybe only the "CC Forum junkies" know the inside story...or at least part of it.

The majority of the community (and probably all the Matrix fans new to CC...or just rediscovering CC through the re-releases) knows nothing about the Simtek/S3T situation...and I don't blame them...most game developers are commercial companies. In the Matrix forum...some people don't even know that S3T is the developer...as far as they're concerned WAR etc are simply Matrix Games products...a commercial game company product.
I bet most people still think that S3T and Matrix are just trying to make a quick buck with these CC re-releases.

Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
AT_Stalky wrote:
Flamethrower wrote:

There in lies the rub. Today's generation is definitely made up of 'What's in it for me type of people...we all know that. The community wants all of these things, big changes, a new updated engine, etc...like we all do I think...but only a few are willing to actually do anything that could possibly lead to that outcome. They are volunteering their time and skills in the hopes that someday, what tiny bit of the saleprice that S3T gets from each sale (License holder first = Destineer, the publisher = Matrix, the leftovers = S3T) will be enough to pay for a brand new engine and next generation of CC. The community talks down to them for being 'slaves', but they are the really true fans of the game. They are the givers...not bitching and moaning about everything, just dedicating themselves to trying to help bring something new to the community...in spite of all of the flak they take for doing so by all of the takers. It's also clear that basically nobody understands much about the financial side and legal side of the software industry...on another board, some suggested that Destineer sell the sode to the community...not having a clue that it would likely take a 6-figure number to get that done (yes, believe it)...oh well, what's the point of even continuing, nobody in the CC community undertands any of this, nobody wants to understand, nobody wants to hear the truth and nobody believes the truth when you tell them.

Linebacker has made is final tackle...game over

now that is honest passion...

with that kind of honesty I will attempt to respond in kind (kudos Neil) ...CSO_Linebacker, JimRM2, Southern_Land, Tejszd, RD_Knights_X, Gen_Jack, Q.M, Mafi (thanks to his marvelous tools), many others un-named here, and last but very much not least, Schrecken, spent hundreds and hundreds of hours of their skilled time and talent, motivated by enthusiasm for CC and a creative enterprise, above, and way beyond, any fackin meagre financial reward they may or may not receive, to develop a bigger, better version of the game we all know and love.

That fact, in addition to the fact that it is very unlikely that any other computer game has acheived this type of renaissance (10 years old or not), ever, is a remarkable achievement and will provide sustained pleasure for wargamers around the world (established and new CC enthusiasts alike).

As to the punters, pikers, & pissants.....who really cares what they say?

WaR is better than we could have hoped for...congrats

Last edited by Flamethrower on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Why not? Maybe the perception of S3T/Simtek's efforts will improve if you'll write a long article explaining how everything works - both in teamwork and financially?

you first...post all of your "personal" financial information here.....("personal" because it is safe to assume from your posts that you have no involvement in any shape or form of business)

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
spent hundreds and hundreds of hours of their skilled time and talent, motivated by enthusiasm for CC and a creative enterprise, above, and way beyond, any fackin meagre financial reward they may or may not receive, to develop a bigger, better version of the game we all know and love.

How can you expect that they respect these ideals if you do not respect them? Rolling Eyes

Your words are hypocrites. I recomend look you on a mirror.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: