Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens on CC WAR when it say "no space on hard disk"? one man told me about it playing the Ardennes Offensive mod. On the past versions from Close Combat it happened when you had not one file from a map.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent chance to play H2H so far, so I am wondering if there is still the bug that the host can see where enemy is firing from (fire from the barrel or smoke from the gun, while the units are hidden) and the guest cannot?

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:30 am Post subject: cosmetic glitches Reply with quote

Just a recap of sorts...
Some "cosmetic" glitches:
- SS Panzer crews and Assault Gun crews using Heer Ranks (S3T expanded the rank/medals gadgets and uniforms slots...so fixing them is not that hard)
- US AB in the BG screens using AB Icons from CC5. The M42 Khaki uniforms used in Normandy were replaced with M43 Olive Drab uniforms from Market Garden onwards (same uniform as regular Army)...so US AB in WAR is better represented using regular Army Icons. AB soldier uniforms in the game (dark brown?) also needs fixing.
- M1 Carbine missing in the game, only M1A1 Carbine is available...but the weapon icon shows an M1 Carbine Smile
- Assault Gun crews coded wearing Panzer Black instead of Feldgrau.
- There are some coding glitches in the maps (eg: first floor of a church coded as level 4...same level as the bell tower).
- Sound glitch:
Grenades should only have the sound of "pulling the pin" or "throwing sound"...not "grenade explosion sound". In the current sound files...when a grenade is thrown...there's an explosion sound (when the grenade is thrown)...followed by another explosion when the grenade explodes. Same thing for explosives and satchel charges.
Allies request truce is spoken in English when playing as Germans (set to speak German).

Sure...these are minor things (and nitpicky things Wink)...but IMHO these things are important in CC...and these minor details are some of the special things that make the CC game so unique.

Sfox28

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:59 am Post subject: Error message: Reply with quote

I would like to know if anybody has had an issue (since there is no tech location yet) with some sort of installation glitch. Installed game with patch from Matrix download...installed...went into the game.....but when I came out I got an error message "Unable to read one or more registry entries please re-install Close Combat". Now, I ignored this message in my old computer ,which blew up on me a couple of days ago, and I think it was partly due to some black screen fade outs when in the game. But I played 5 days into a campaign before I had to get a whole new computer. Now, I installed everything (WAR & it's patch) on my new computer (which is a beautiful new system) and came out and got the above message again when I first came out of the game. I'm a bit worried that this may screw up my system again. Does anybody know about this error message and what might be going on? I'm a bit afraid to get into another campaign, which I have to start all over again...no saves came through when I put much of my old drive's information back on the new system. Don't know why that happened either.

So, if anyone has any information on this I would really like to hear it!

Mahalo gang, Sfox28 Rolling Eyes

sargexmy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddog81 wrote:
I need help. I cant play the next battle on the grand campaign while playing as the Germans. Sad I had defeated CCB/9th Armored on the Beho map on the previous turn and they disbanded so I thought. I try to view CCB/ 9th Armored but all I get is the ammo and fuel icons. When I hit "next", I still cannot see CCB/ 9th Armored and the "next" icon for battle is not clickable. How can I fix it?

Has NO one found a solution to this?? I ran into the same problem and posted a thread over at matrixgames, but it seems that no one cares...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1952453

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

there have been two reports as yousay.

We have narrowed it down to two likely reasons and are working on addressing the issues.

In the mean time... save your game under a different name and play on.

See if you can disband the BG or battle against it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sargexmy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

We have narrowed it down to two likely reasons and are working on addressing the issues.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will run my saved game and see if I can engage that "empty" BG. and report back.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing H2H vs Pzt_serk and we had to midgame crashes with the game stalling at around 9 min and 5 min respectively. Battle was fought in Meyerode between two armored BG's. On the third try it finally played all the way through and were about 5 battles beyond the crash. We are on our 27th battle so far. I believe its morning of day 3.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No windows updates or other automated stuff trying to run?

No error messages at all?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sargexmy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
schrecken wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will run my saved game and see if I can engage that "empty" BG. and report back.

Hi, so I'm back and have gotten a campaign file that proves the error I am talking about.
Just download the file, unzip it and put it in your saved games folder and load up the campaign. Hit "Next" and you will see what I am talking about.

Remember: this is my actual campaign, I just Disbanded all of my battlegroups on the frontlines so there are not contacts with the enemy except with this EMPTY BG.

Enjoy!

campaign error.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  campaign error.zip
 Filesize:  130.72 KB
 Downloaded:  327 Time(s)

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:29 am Post subject: Re: Error message: Reply with quote

Sfox28 wrote:
"Unable to read one or more registry entries please re-install Close Combat".

So, if anyone has any information on this I would really like to hear it!

Mahalo gang, Sfox28 Rolling Eyes

I've received the same message, but in my case, i've copied the entire WAR folder into another partition (i did it because i wanted to have a vanilla game and another for moding/testing);

my small suggestions (i've only played battles till now):

- the name 'Sherman' for american M4 tanks was not officialy adopted by US Army and were identified something like M4A1E8/M4A1(76)W HVSS, M4A2E8/M4A2(76)W HVSS, M4A3E8/M4A3(76)W HVSS (Easy Eight) to give some examples; in the game we have 'M4A3(75) Sherman' and in some cases the space required exceed the dialog boxes (of course it was easy to edit the .txt files removing the 'Sherman');
- the for Armd Infantry Team - exceed the dialog boxes and i've used Armd Inf Team;

also

- i'm not if this happened in another CC versions or in old CC4 game but during a battle a Stug III was imobilised in a slopped position by artillery fire; an US tank approached from flank to finish it and suddenly the Stug fired a single shot blowing up the unsuspecting american tank: the german gun fired at 90º angle like a turreted vehicle;
- during another battle a Sherman 76 turret remain some 30º from the line of fire - it was only a graphical error; other tanks, including sherman 76 in the same battle didn't have this error;
- american tanks, regardless of the type, during a battle when issued the sneak command to retreat from a position moved on the reverse; in reverse motion a pink dot appear at some distance from the back of the tanks; once they stopped it disappeared - it didn't affect at all the tanks performance or anything else;

so far it is an excellent game and many thanks to all involved in making it

best regards
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

robert_pl

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Turret bug:

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
No windows updates or other automated stuff trying to run?

No error messages at all?

No error messages at all. On my side I could not see any other stuff trying to run. I can't speak for Serk. Both games just froze in the middle. On the third try it finally worked and we've played a number of battles after that with no problem.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

robert_pl wrote:
Turret bug:

I think that it happens on all the Close Combat games, probably it is a problem from graphics only.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things me and Loki, Prototype_Beta have noticed that seem to be coding/data related in WaR:

1. Infantry and tanks can shoot infantry on the opposite sides of buildings. This seems to be all buildings, not just buildings with a window. Has anyone else seen this LOS bug? I haven't seen it mentioned but I may have missed a post if it was.

2. Arty barrage is very strong against infantry. I have seen one barrage that killed 100% of the men (about 20 men with mostly "green" cover (and this doesn't seem an anomaly, most barrages kill almost all men). Statistically this probably shouldn't happen since even the most powerful arty barrage won't kill every men (unless they had no cover). This includes killing most men in buildings. Seems a lot stronger than on CC5 and CC5 mods and CC4 regular.

Any comments? #1 bugs me more than #2. Do the mortars seem really strong to anyone else?

Bjorn

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. Infantry and tanks can shoot infantry on the opposite sides of buildings. This seems to be all buildings, not just buildings with a window. Has anyone else seen this LOS bug? I haven't seen it mentioned but I may have missed a post if it was.

Yes it happens, I think that it can be by one los bug or a bad element on map.

Quote:
2. Arty barrage is very strong against infantry. I have seen one barrage that killed 100% of the men (about 20 men with mostly "green" cover (and this doesn't seem an anomaly, most barrages kill almost all men). Statistically this probably shouldn't happen since even the most powerful arty barrage won't kill every men (unless they had no cover). This includes killing most men in buildings. Seems a lot stronger than on CC5 and CC5 mods and CC4 regular.

Probably running on a forest, when artillery or mortars attack you, you must move your infantry with sneak.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK new Bug dealing with a BG being redirected by Op Grief (I think that's what it was called)

Playing H2H vs Pzt_Serk (We're about 35 battles in)

So I have a mechanized BG that is moving in from the north while I exit existing BG east. My opponent was attempting to move his Infantry BG (non-mechanized) west but got redirected by Op Grief north. Now my Mech BG is faster and should have held his Inf BG on the map but instead they passed each other on the same road swapping maps.

ALSO - we continue to have crashes that occur. We've had around 6-7 crashes so far with our GC. Last one was very frustrating for Pzt_Serk because he had a number of tank/vehicle kills to his credit.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ok mentioned before... but number 81 in GEVox says " the enemy offers truce" in German, but it seems that the game reads the USVox?? Confused

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
ok mentioned before... but number 81 in GEVox says " the enemy offers truce" in German, but it seems that the game reads the USVox?? Confused

Mats

I remembered that sometimes on previous cc versions you can hear enemy voices from support, probably it mistake continue on war.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just checked H@H and germans get a German Language vox cue when offered a cease fire.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: