Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1233
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks by the info, by this version is a Beta.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

final-drive

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Serk wrote:
I did try out vetbob quickly. here are some minor comments on the german side:

1-Peiper never had any jagdtiger. they should be removed.

2-The fuhrer grenadier starts the GC next to the Krinkelt map. It should be the 12th SS armored bg there. The 12th SS sent tank detachment to support the Volksgrenadier attack in krinkelt area on december 16th and later took part in the battle for eselhorn ridge before been moved west to protect the fifth panzer armee northern flank along with the 2nd SS and 9th SS.

3- KG guttmann from the 2nd panzer div appears as a reinforcement in the north. That bg should appear around Dasburg

4- I'm reading a book on the ardennes battle written by the US military. So far its dec 27th and nowhere have seen mention of the fuhrer grenadier BG. Only Remer's Fuhrer berg. brigade aroudn St-Vith. Where did they fight and were they important enough as to be represented in the game?

5- Good job at representing the actual strengh of german paras unit. their ranks were reinforced by transferred naval personnel with bad infantry training. In WaR they are very good infantry bgs which is historically incorrect IMO.

6- hetzer was known as jagdpanzer 38(t) at that time.

Keep it up! Very Happy

Cheers

1. You're of course right about no Jagdtiger with Peiper. I guess they would not have shown up in the original CC4 Vetbob (for sure not when played on Veteran vs. Veteran, as it was supposed to), but might have remained in the FPool data on other difficulty levels. Through the conversion of the mod to the CC5 / CC:WaR FPool system, different from CC4's, they now become visible.
2. Führer-Grenadier-Brigade played an important part in the Southern sector, under 7. Armee. It fought alongside 79. Volksgrenadier-Division in the Sûre river area (Heiderscheid). The conversion of the original CC4 Vetbob with CC4 stratmap to CC:War's new stratmap probably means the campaign should be tweaked a little from a historical perspective.
3. See above
4. See above
5. Vetbob did indeed try to add extra historical flavour to the Battlegroups.
6. You're right. In 2003 it was overlooked.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

final-drive wrote:
Pzt_Serk wrote:
I did try out vetbob quickly. here are some minor comments on the german side:

1-Peiper never had any jagdtiger. they should be removed.

Cheers

1. You're of course right about no Jagdtiger with Peiper. I guess they would not have shown up in the original CC4 Vetbob (for sure not when played on Veteran vs. Veteran, as it was supposed to), but might have remained in the FPool data on other difficulty levels. Through the conversion of the mod to the CC5 / CC:WaR FPool system, different from CC4's, they now become visible.

TT did say he only did the forcepools for Veteran vs Veteran dificulty. He did not have the motivation to do all the others ( I dont blame him ). If the data is copied from TT's, then it should only be played Vet vs Vet.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 1.02B there is not Jagdtiger on Peiper battlegroup.

Quote:
2. Führer-Grenadier-Brigade played an important part in the Southern sector, under 7. Armee. It fought alongside 79. Volksgrenadier-Division in the Sûre river area (Heiderscheid). The conversion of the original CC4 Vetbob with CC4 stratmap to CC:War's new stratmap probably means the campaign should be tweaked a little from a historical perspective.

Battles, operations and campaigns are the same on mod from CC WAR, you can edit them and change them if you want with battlemaker editor.

Quote:
TT did say he only did the forcepools for Veteran vs Veteran dificulty. He did not have the motivation to do all the others ( I dont blame him ). If the data is copied from TT's, then it should only be played Vet vs Vet.

I think that people probably never understand it very well. CC4 runs very different to CC5 or WAR but the fpools have all the difficult levels on TT mods.
About this VetBoB, I did not copy fully the CC4 fpools, I used the CC4, CC5AOVetBoB and many new changes. I´m sure that these fpools are the most equal to the original from CC4 that you have seen never.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A curiosity: the file has campaign.txt influence on the game if modified? By creating a new campaign remains the same or need adjustment?
In your mod the file is the same as the original but with different date, editing out all attack (0), the mortar and mg assault currently with the infantry. Rolling Eyes

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

salhexe wrote:
A curiosity: the file has campaign.txt influence on the game if modified? By creating a new campaign remains the same or need adjustment?
In your mod the file is the same as the original but with different date, editing out all attack (0), the mortar and mg assault currently with the infantry. Rolling Eyes

I have not made changes on the original campaign.txt, on 1.02B it is the same from original game.

The dates are the same from original game but on mod you read day 16 and not day 1 only. It is the unique difference.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Firefox
I made a german vetmod for your mod. I'm using it in a GC without problems. Can I insert it or you want to see before?
below some changes:

soldiers: german in general and some allied unit have more difficult to move

alsteams: better morale and rivisited sai, reduced hmg-bazooka-mortars "desire" to assault. Increase some infantry teams

axsteams: reworked experience and morale, reduct some teams

weapons: panzerschreek now can't fire into building and have minor power penetration

fpools: kg peiper added bison and Spw , 3 FJ sost. IG (team repeat) with fj mg15, F Gren sost 251/9 (team repeat) with 234/9, 26 VG sost volksgrenadiere (tr) with aufklarer.

Cheers

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

salhexe wrote:
Hi Firefox
I made a german vetmod for your mod. I'm using it in a GC without problems. Can I insert it or you want to see before?
below some changes:

soldiers: german in general and some allied unit have more difficult to move

alsteams: better morale and rivisited sai, reduced hmg-bazooka-mortars "desire" to assault. Increase some infantry teams

axsteams: reworked experience and morale, reduct some teams

weapons: panzerschreek now can't fire into building and have minor power penetration

fpools: kg peiper added bison and Spw , 3 FJ sost. IG (team repeat) with fj mg15, F Gren sost 251/9 (team repeat) with 234/9, 26 VG sost volksgrenadiere (tr) with aufklarer.

Cheers

Sorry but by the moment 1.02B is a beta version with some errors, a part of them very big errors. If you want to public your submod on one site, go ahead but I do not recomend it for 1.02B, use 1.01.

PD: For fast contact go to www.FirefoxCCMods.com

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks,
I think so that you can have some suggestions and give my modest contribution to the development of mod. I finished Gc Version 2, I had no system errors.
You've talked about not having changed the file campaign.txt, but after installing 1.02bi now have two step for day instead of only one for day as before.

Cheers Smile

CCWAR-AOVetBoB german S vetmod 1.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCWAR-AOVetBoB german S vetmod 1.0.zip
 Filesize:  44.19 KB
 Downloaded:  472 Time(s)

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.02B has main big errors on multiplayer, I do not know what is the problem but when you try to start one multiplayer connection game crash.

Quote:
I think so that you can have some suggestions and give my modest contribution to the development of mod

Sorry but with the exception from fpools fixed on repeat teams, I do not like the other changes, a part of them are things from the old CC4 VetBoB that I do not like. All them are things that I did not add because they affect too to gameplay. By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nomada_Firefox"]

Quote:
By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

I know that this type of system also made it problematic to fire the weapon from inside closed spaces (such as bunkers or houses), filling the room with toxic smoke and revealing the firing location immediately. This was in contrast to the British PIAT's cumbersome, but non-smoking system, or the Panzerfausts short burst launch system
From Wikipedia english
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
Also in real using panzershreck greatly reduced life, revealing immediatly the location's soldiers.
I use them in ambush on the edge of a forest or on a corner in town for example.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salhexe"]
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

Quote:
By example, if panzerskreck can not fire into buildings, probably you will not use them because out they are useless and they are discovered by the enemy very fast. You should think on it like a small suggestion from me.

I know that this type of system also made it problematic to fire the weapon from inside closed spaces (such as bunkers or houses), filling the room with toxic smoke and revealing the firing location immediately. This was in contrast to the British PIAT's cumbersome, but non-smoking system, or the Panzerfausts short burst launch system
From Wikipedia english
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
Also in real using panzershreck greatly reduced life, revealing immediatly the location's soldiers.
I use them in ambush on the edge of a forest or on a corner in town for example.

I knew all this but when I make a mod, I do not look for to find the perfect realism, I try the perfect gameplay.

About 1.02B, when I can to find more free time, I will fix it. By the moment I´m too busy with this.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work :Cool

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have released one new version, the 1.03B, it fixed all the errors from previous version. It can be downloaded on my own site http://www.clannomada.com

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

lamurt

Rep: 10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I have released one new version, the 1.03B, it fixed all the errors from previous version. It can be downloaded on my own site http://www.clannomada.com

ability to download the file from a website which is in english would be really cool ya know.. Very Happy

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall add it here if Firefox has no objections.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
I shall add it here if Firefox has no objections.
I would like to wait to the next complete version, 1.03B is a beta version and it can have some errors.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

I´m testing vet 1.03 B, but need to play it online, i need someone to play it with some regularity. By now in s.p. i did not found bigs errors, may be forcepools must be modified, increasing quantity of teams, but not by now. If someone want to pay a GC to test it, im in CCS Hamachi server.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Yes, by it the mod is a beta, if you want fix them, you can. I have not too time for CC mods on this moment but I should release some work that I have on my computer, I have a new Veteran mod with many more units than VetBoB and of course the ABTF, this last mod is ended but I must add some operations and battles, probably soon.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Roger5

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Hello Nomada. When can we download your vetmod? Is your new vetmod a new mod or an additional vetBob?

Last edited by Roger5 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: