Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The barometer is the game... it's the most playable version of CC available today.

The sales figures show, though, that your whining is locked into the CCS forum where you preach to the converted ... it just echoes around in this hollow chamber.

S3T is just a handy way of referring to the people that are actually doing the work in pushing CC development.... funny how many ppl here keep mailing me with offers of doing work if I send them some $$$$ ... it wouldn't take much to rip the heart out of the "true believers at CCS"

I've even had an offer from one of your cohort for them to cease slinging mud at our work if I send $$$ ... yes I have the email saved.

Thing is there's no money to send... nearly all the work is done by volunteers (repeated ad nauseum)

But back to Atomic

How many people that made CC1 thru 5 are now in the Atomic Team?

What do they know about making your favourite WaR game?

We haven't squashed all the bugs, true... the code was a mess, not annotated and in many ways designed to fight against itself when given a set of decisions to make.

Destineer/matrix/Atromic are the suits that run the "franchise" ask them if there will be a new CC engine... will it then be CC.... will you care... there are lots of other "new" engines available out there... which one is better than WaR?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
The barometer is the game... it's the most playable version of CC available today.

How is it any more playable than CC5? It does have the most unplayable strategic map, zoomed in to a rediculous level, with more disconnections between maps than any mod ever made. Ok but its compatible with Vista and has a zillion options dropped into a text file most people will never ever figure out.....

schrecken wrote:
The sales figures show, though, that your whining is locked into the CCS forum where you preach to the converted ... it just echoes around in this hollow chamber.

S3T is just a handy way of referring to the people that are actually doing the work in pushing CC development.... funny how many ppl here keep mailing me with offers of doing work if I send them some $$$$ ... it wouldn't take much to rip the heart out of the "true believers at CCS"

I've even had an offer from one of your cohort for them to cease slinging mud at our work if I send $$$ ... yes I have the email saved.

CCS is one of the few dedicated forums to talk about it. To some, the acronym CCS has become synonymous with whining about close combat because theres nowhere else to go and complain where someone will listen.

There are no converted people here, there is no preaching and theres certainly no extortion going on that can be taken seriously. Everyones opinions are there own and hold no more weight than the next mans.

schrecken wrote:
What do they know about making your favourite WaR game?

Lets hope they have forgot about the original CC engine and come up with something new. Now theres some hope...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lets hope they have forgot about the original CC engine and come up with something new. Now theres some hope...

Why?

Do you know it will be better?

The development team listen to the community... that cannot be denied!

Doesn't mean there are not a bunch of whiners on this boared... that don't play CC anymore but still like to whine about it... it's an addiction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I've even had an offer from one of your cohort for them to cease slinging mud at our work if I send $$$ ... yes I have the email saved
and they could be understood as they realised that seems it will take ages to get playable version of WaR but modding WaR for free (with Excel and txts Rolling Eyes) is very time-consuming and unpleasant business Razz.

Quote:
We haven't squashed all the bugs, true...

thing is that u added more and implemented GS(c)

Quote:
the code was a mess, not annotated and in many ways designed to fight against itself when given a set of decisions to make.

good to know...i wonder how could we play CC1-5 till now...

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So finally some good news!

Atomic + Redstorm cannot be bad. Close Combat series and the first 3 Rainbow Six are among my favorite all time favorite games.

PS: And what the hell is a "Historical shooter" ?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee harvey Oswald LMAO

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

Somemone is actually Blackmailing you?? Wow.. even by my strandards.. thats low...

This in fact irks me a great deal... so perhaps to clarify since I have actually been on both sides of the 'money for CC' fence.

For those asking for money to work on things like this, trust me, you do it for the love of doing it, you wont get much money in the end. If your looking to maybe suppliment some spending money, okay, dont plan on paying your mortgage with it. Thats not just with 3T either, making games, especially when its not a new blockbuster like CC, is a low paying gig at best. I have done work for a few companies now and in fact the biggest well known company was the lowest paying.. lower than what Simtek paid.

The one thing Ill give the guys making these glorified mods, (dig dig) they dont get paid much at all.

When I added up the hours I put into the RAF GUI (along with Olorin) and the maps I did for it, it was less than minimum wage per hour. I can tell you that Shane could likely get twice as much money and hed likely be only close to mimimum wage because of time involved making maps for WAR.

I wont however back down that once you get paid, you accept the professional tag, and the light held up to you is different.

But the idea soemone wants to get paid to shut up is f***ing crazy. Id post that email if I were you... or at least let the cat out of the bag because thats soemone who should be sent to exhile in the same place as Brake went...

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think so.

There has been nothing said since... it may even have been a rash and now regrettable statement on the persons part.

We'll wait and see what happens on that score.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
There has been nothing said since... it may even have been a rash and now regrettable statement on the persons part.

Yeah.. good point, In fact it might have even been a poorly executed joke or sarcastic remark...

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone actually believed money would of changed hands.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote:
For those asking for money to work on things like this, trust me, you do it for the love of doing it, you wont get much money in the end. If your looking to maybe suppliment some spending money, okay, dont plan on paying your mortgage with it.

Surprised to hear that anybody got anything!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:
CSO_Sbufkle wrote:
For those asking for money to work on things like this, trust me, you do it for the love of doing it, you wont get much money in the end. If your looking to maybe suppliment some spending money, okay, dont plan on paying your mortgage with it.

Surprised to hear that anybody got anything!

Yeh...I thought everybody worked for free as volunteers for...err...the good of CC Wink Very Happy

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Buf took all the money.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote:
For those asking for money to work on things like this, trust me, you do it for the love of doing it, you wont get much money in the end. If your looking to maybe suppliment some spending money, okay, dont plan on paying your mortgage with it. Thats not just with 3T either, making games, especially when its not a new blockbuster like CC, is a low paying gig at best. I have done work for a few companies now and in fact the biggest well known company was the lowest paying.. lower than what Simtek paid.

Damn. I heard that working for the gaming industry is bad but I didn't know that it's this bad...
It sickens me to see such an exploitation of workers Evil or Very Mad .

Workers of all countries, unite! Evil or Very Mad

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Workers of all countries, unite!

dude, u r commy Smile.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not Razz . I'm a capitalist with a human face Laughing .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

A little intel on Atomics upcoming release

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123902404583292727.html

Will it be a must have like this?

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/closecombatfirsttofight/index.html

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

FPS like FtF Question
I wonder

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami have pulled out

They wanted to rename it 5 Days in Fallujah because of the crashing bugs and incomplete data.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll never know, the graphics looked old before their time anyhow. But looking at CC, that's nothing new.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: