Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

...what shall i say...i have made 4 mods since 2005 using strat tool..i+all the changes i made for my own...

Battle of Berlin

Karelia I

Karelia II

Tali-Ihantala 1944

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

And I´m sure that you will make more when you see the strategyguide.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Mafi, thank you very much for the new BTD edit tool.   Very Happy

Great work!!

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Hey nomada,

thnx for you reply. I know your intentions are well meant. I allready was aware of the method you are reffering to. I have been emailing with jim about the stratmap while they were busy on the game... he gave me allready some heads up about it within the borders of the NDA... I think you kind of missed the intention of my thread. i was looking for cplfilth to see if he was able to make a tool for the stratmap in cc5tld... he has no time for this and has been out of this world for a while... tough he was so kind to give me acces to his java source code. I forwarded it to mafi and mafi offerd to have a look at the stratmap in tld...

see it like this: why should you walk 200km if you can travel across it with a car? in other words why take the hard way if there is an easy one Wink i first wait for mafi to investigate the possibillity's and if that is impossible i fear we have to go with yours Wink (no hard feelings ofcourse...)

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Buck,

Check out CSO here:
http://www.closecombatonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14531&page=2

Mafi's already revealed a teaser screenshot of his upcoming StratMap Editor tool!  Very Happy
http://www.closecombatonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7890&d=1243622011

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:01 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

I think that guy Mafi deserves a drink! a lot of them!!

Thankyou God there is still hope!! Very Happy

(and now i will wait for the standard answers...why make a tool when it is SOOOOO easy to make your own stratmap... Rolling Eyes )

Mats

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:13 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Who has said that?

Oh, I remember..... you were lying asleep and woke with a jerk and the last thing you remember was "why make a tool when it is SOOOOO easy to make your own stratmap... "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

Mafi's already revealed a teaser screenshot of his upcoming StratMap Editor tool!  Very Happy
http://www.closecombatonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7890&d=1243622011  

Mafi rocks!

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:44 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Who has said that?

Oh, I remember..... you were lying asleep and woke with a jerk and the last thing you remember was "why make a tool when it is SOOOOO easy to make your own stratmap... "

I love you too Schrecken!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:57 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

:)

Beats making a link or quoting...errr... I guess???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Well, I will be very happy if he makes the tool soon or one year.

But make your own strategic map is not too difficult, it is long or how we tell on spain, it is a chinese work but not too difficult.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Chinese work isn't really my thing Wink i prefer to take the easy route but at the moment im not yet working on a conversion of my own mod to tld... i first wish to release scheldt as good as possible and if people like it and there is a wish for it in the larger public i will give converting my mod a go Wink

Cheers Buck

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Chinese work isn't really my thing Wink i prefer to take the easy route but at the moment im not yet working on a conversion of my own mod to tld... i first wish to release scheldt as good as possible and if people like it and there is a wish for it in the larger public i will give converting my mod a go Wink

Cheers Buck

I´m sure that the best option for a good mod with a new strategy map on tld/war is making it manually. ST3 made it manually, it is the best proof by the moment.Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

S3T had to do it manually...they had no choice!  Wink
They had to do it the hard way...or else!  Very Happy

The important thing is...Mafi is working on a user-friendly tool for StratMap editing...we should all be thankful for this.
If you prefer making the StratMap "the S3T way"...then that's your choice, Firefox...but I bet most sane modders will be waiting for Mafi's tool instead  Laughing

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Hey SL,

I totally agree with you ;)

Cheers Buck

Last edited by Buck_Compton on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

If you prefer making the StratMap "the S3T way"...then that's your choice, Firefox...but I bet most sane modders will be waiting for Mafi's tool instead  Laughing

I have not told it but I think that if you can not make it manually, you will not find too easy the tool. Rolling Eyes It would not strange when you find the workbook a bad tool.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Editing the stratmap through using the workbook isnt impossible , it's just that by doing it that way creates a lot of double duty.
You have to create and record everything from Photoshop
and then type it into the stratmap.txt files.
And when you look at all the #'s that have to be entered "Correctly" it has an overwhelming sensation to just say...........  Oh God     why?

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:44 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

That's absolute evidence!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Good news, I have the Neil permission for release the strategy guide, I will complete the parts out and I will release it when I can. Next you will can judge if it is easy or not.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Even if it is easy doing it manually using Neil's guide...I bet StratEdit and Mafi's upcoming new tool will be at least 10x easier  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: