Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
FUTURE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:38 am Post subject: Mod crashes when loading a battle that has Italain BGs. Reply with quote

Mod crashes when loading a battle that has Italain BGs. Anyone esle getting this?

Ross Moorhouse
CSO SimTek Ltd
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm [at] csogroup [dot] org

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:59 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ye mate ur right.
Andima roughly checks the forum every 4days
So Andima when u read this!
It is the 4 th battle on the battles list called Alam Nayil

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

feldgrau

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't just the fourth battle. It happens now and then in the GC also. I've tracked it down to depend on what teams you chose for your BG and on which slots you put them. In my experience, this is due to some kind of error in the team .adb-files, probably in the "unknown" columns.

/Johan

Antifa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting intermittent crashes too (but similar things happen in other mods) I've haven't been able to locate it.

Thus far the other things i've seen in terms of the raw coding that I was wondering about is that Italian mortar squads can't smoke. Is that on purpose? The mod is neat but the enormous fire power of the command teams make it a little too easier against the AI under any circumstances. I wish the mine fields were a bit deadlier for tanks too. I like the strat map and the incredible attention to graphic detail.

I rarely make any suggestions regarding mods because I don't want to seem like an ungrateful jackass, these are all minor changes and just based on my preferences, so don't take them too seriously becaus I really love this mod.

I would change Some sounds,

Since the Axis Attack/ Brit Attack/ Meeting Engagement splash screens have all the same image, I woudl vary that up a bit,

I like stronger mines, strong barrages, (a la Sapa or Firefox Mods)
(this would allow for weaker command team barrages)

I would (and this part is the most time consuming pain in the butt) I would add battle breifing with info on how the historical battle played out.

The last one especially could be farmed out to players willing to help.

This I do like a lot include :
the agressiveness of British teams (I've ad some incredible fights) The unpredictability of Italian teams (I've had units fight to the death and others surrender over nothing.) The variety of teams and vehicles are great, the graphics are awesome. The maps allow for great play and the mine are well placed to keep it very exciting. I think the thing I like most about this mod is that like, RSR, it requires a different kind of CC stratgey.

Thanks again!

andima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:20 pm Post subject: Mod crashes when loading a battle that has Italain BGs. Reply with quote

I will try to answer:
- Mod crashes when loading a battle.
These crashes are random and they will happen in every mod. Just try again.
I noticed that after 2-3 attempt it will work (also with the same BG).
Nobody knows why this happens.
- Mod crashes in GC. I played the mod during 1 year. This is happened never to me (Maybe just 1 time).
- Italian mortar squads can't smoke
I put away smoke in many italian teams, because they used smoke rarely.
- change Some sounds
you are welcome, this can be done for next release of the mod
- splash screens
I did'nt find good images, please I wait for your proposals
- battle breifing
Too few free time for this, please help!

Thanks to all of you for compliments!!!

Mr_Nuke

Rep: 5.7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've began a grand campaign recently (and just interrupted my RSR campaign for this one) and no crash happended until now.

And I agree with Antifa about the different CC strategy. These open maps are deadly for vehicles and guns, but the great infantry concealment gives us bad surprises sometimes, and these deadly british teams made more damage to my BGs than any tank or gun did. The rare buildings are so worthy when you have to place guns too. They provide better protection and concealment than any hedge or house in regular CC5 (or GJS or Omaha).

There is only one thing that bothers me. These bigger graphics are nice but tanks are so easy spotted now that's it's sometimes too easy to play against the AI if you have well-placed AT guns.

All in all, thanks for this good mod, and these kind of new ideas are really fine for CC5, because playing on these hedge maps again and again is boring after some time. Mods like El Alamein and Winter War are really exciting and will keep our interest for CC5 alive for a few years more IMO.

Gott ist tot!

KG_Tiger1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is only one thing that bothers me. These bigger graphics are nice but tanks are so easy spotted now that's it's sometimes too easy to play against the AI if you have well-placed AT guns.

Same thinking here. Besides the bigger tank graphics, this mod is super!!! Several new considerations to be made regarding strategies and tactics. THANK YOU for this mod!

Tiger

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan

"Business is all about asses ... licking, kicking and covering"

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The bigger tank graphics do not affect how easy it is to see a tank in a battle. The CC game engine just uses the terrain and tank data.... A tank could be drawn at 20 pixels per meter and you would have the same chance to see it as a tank at the original 8 pixels per meter.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd,

thx for that info, something i didn't know

Mr_Nuke

Rep: 5.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got another strange error. I think I've already heard of it but I didn't manage to find the post again.
When loading a battle on the map "Settore K", with 61 Rgt Fanteria against the 5th Infantry Brigade, playing on italian side (british attack), I have the following error:

"Unable to continue the play because disk is full. Clear some space on this dirve and resume Close Combat"

My disk has more than 20 Go free on 40 and I run windows XP home edition SP2. I never had this kind of problem before.

Thanks in advance for any help! I hope to keep playing this campaign on since I really appreciate this mod.

Gott ist tot!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 El Alamein

Jump to: