Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
fruitbar

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: what if.... Reply with quote

the Germans actually had beaten Russia..and then its us the western allies US and Britain versus the Germans??

any thoughts what might of happen including on the world today??

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

It would be a problem because it would obviously need to be some other Germany.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

You should rather think about hat the world would look like now if the Western Allies supported Germany against the Russians! Very interesting how this would have worked out politically. After the death of Hitler or with him still alive? Just another thought...

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

HawkerHart

Rep: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

I'm thinking that Britain would have eventually been succesfully invaded, or made peace. And then a stalemate do to the distances involved. Cant see the US/Australia/NZ launching an invaision from their own shores. But then would they need to? Prehaps an atomic strike on Berlin?
Would Germany have turned on Japan?

So many possibles.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 am Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

What about June 15th 1940 Joe says to Beria and Zhukov "things look quiet across in what used to be poland.  lets visit Berlin while Adolf is busy in France."

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 am Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

No, it wouldn't serve fantasies about Nazi victory very well.

Anyway, what if Poland in 1939 would have heavy tank divisions, big airforce, a lot of radios and would employ the combined arms doctrine? Debate.

fruitbar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

GS_Schimpf wrote (View Post):
You should rather think about hat the world would look like now if the Western Allies supported Germany against the Russians! Very interesting how this would have worked out politically. After the death of Hitler or with him still alive? Just another thought...
yeah that was another thought i had too. what if everyone decided Stalin is more fucked up than Hitler??

i mean im not here to preach anything or whatever but the story goes 'i think Stalin was the biggest fuck up in the world. i mean..come on. running around starting communism and shit with the Bolsheviks..the BULL-SHIT-VIKS!'

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

Nazi government needed dismantling anyway, and taking in account their racist genocidal policies, Nurumberg lynch would be needed anyway.

Some time ago I thought about a plot of a Weird War III game, and it involved Hitler getting assasinated Germany surrendering to western allies only and Soviets invading Germany in 50s.

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:45 am Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

Hello everyone, if you want to read a good "What if..." novel on this subject, see if you can find a copy of the 1992 bestselling book "Fatherland" by author Robert Harris. It depicts a alternate world in 1964 where Nazi Germany had conquered Europe (They successfully invaded England, forced the USA out of the war and occupied all of the USSR west of the Ural mountains) and won WW2. The Nazis are about to celebrate Hitler's 75th birthday and are in a cold war with the USA, yet want to host a historic peace conference with US President Joseph Kennedy (JFK's old man who was US ambassodor to Britain during the 1940's). They even made it into a film with Rutger Hauer, but the book was much better.

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:40 am Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

Yeah the novel 'Fatherland' is indeed a very well written book. If you like those 'what if'-stories it's a must-read.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

fruitbar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

check out these screenshots of an amazingly overwhelming victory i did with the germans just by the grand campaign in operation barbarossa. if the germans did something like this in real life, the soviet union and perhaps stalin and communism would of likely be a write-off.

the campaign was so easy. all i really needed to do was to upgrade my commander to the best tank commander and destroy the enemy at weapons and armor and the rest was easy.

yes i was able to ambush and destroy a T34 and KV II with a Mark IIIH. i didnt think with either one i would of made it. both of them even turned their front towards me just when i destroyed them.

after the tanks and at capability were destroyed. thats when they started offering truce and the next moment they flee.

overwhelming victory.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.29 KB
 Viewed:  7051 Time(s)

overwhelming victory.JPG

victory.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.65 KB

victory.JPG

kills.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.09 KB

kills.JPG

Therion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: what if.... Reply with quote

fruitbar wrote (View Post):
check out these screenshots of an amazingly overwhelming victory i did with the germans just by the grand campaign in operation barbarossa. if the germans did something like this in real life, the soviet union and perhaps stalin and communism would of likely be a write-off.

Yeah, and Germans would still be racist shitheads. But maybe if Russians would loose, Nazis would get a taste of atom bomb Twisted Evil

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: