Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:34 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

Therion wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Therion wrote (View Post):
Weapons in CC5mod for CCMT need some patching. Right now they have CC5 mounts which makes some of them not work (for example tank machineguns).

That's weird. I am using the mod and the tank machine guns are working ok. In fact, they never stop shooting. It can be annoying after a while. Once they have someone pinned, they go wild. We need to talk more, because I am not seeing this. Maybe I am missing something.

Note that this vehicle has one MG displayed, while in data it has 2MGs. It's because the second one doesn't work. I checked it when I was troubleshooting my own mod where some of the machineguns (the coax ones) weren't used or even displayed.
It turned out that the same thing happens in the CC5 mod.

Good catch then. I suppose the coax MGs work fine in Reg CC5  Question Also, I was curious, you mentioned these use CC5 mounts and you suspect this is part of the problem that keeps them from firing possibly. What do you mean by a CC5 mount  Question

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

The mount type is "coax", while in CCMT "coax" doesn't work. The mount type needs to be "AA" to be used.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
All anyone need to do to get started in WW2 stuff, is download Senior Drill's mod. It's a little rough in spots, but it's pretty easy to fix everything.

The maps, well, I figure on a Saturday afternoon, people could make 20 or more cutdowns in just a few hours or so. It simp.

Then just make your own plugins to install them, and you are in business.

Well, I am a little embarrassed here, since we all seem to have done a good job of hijacking this thread.

Now, if you wan't to get into WW2, you can get the CC2 Redux, and you have got a good base for going forward and adding extra maps. And on the surface it looks pretty bullet proof out of the box.

Regards,

Stwa

DasHoff

Rep: 13.8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:04 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

so how big is cc2 redux? does it have like a full campaign i can play with a couple of other people? or does the campaign just have 7 maps

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

Redux includes a wide assortment of German, U.S. and British forces. There are seven maps and nine scenarios, which are essentially cloned from CC2. There are also a couple starter H2H scenarios for more than 2 players. I was going to wait and see how much interest there is in the mod before converting any more maps and making scenarios.

readme....

CC2 Redux for CCMT - Version 1.0
by Zon

WHAT IS IT?
This mod replaces all stock forces in Close Combat Modern Tactics with units from Close Combat II: A Bridge Too Far. It does not yet include a complete map set. There are now seven maps from CC2, nine converted scenarios and two new scenarios designed for H2H for 2-4 players. Data is based on the 3.4 CC2 patch used in online play at TournamentHouse.com and Battle HQ.

NOTES FOR CC2 PLAYERS:
Players of original CC2 will notice numerous game engine improvements in CCMT, including unit-facing control, multiple waypoints for better unit pathfinding, vehicles that carry passengers, unit dig-in commands, air and off-map support, improved game effects, and multiplayer for up to ten players (that many players is not recommended for CC2 maps). All units and maps will look like they did in CC2, but not all game characteristics will be exactly the same. LOS will not always be the same as in CC2, for example. Voice cues: German voices are from later CC releases for this release.

NOTES FOR NON-CC2 PLAYERS:
This mod offers a great assortment of Allied and German units to use in the WWII setting (Market-Garden period), including U.S., British, Polish, SS, Heer and FJ forces. Maps from CC2 are far smaller than typical CCMT maps and H2H play should likely be limited to four players, but you might find that the smaller play area makes the AI a far better opponent. Battle dynamics are far different as well -- Close Combat really is close.

PASSENGER VEHICLES
Passenger carrying is limited for CC2 Redux. One halftrack type on each side carries soldiers. You can ID these vehicles by the (P) at the end of their names: SDKfz 251/1 HMG (P) for Germans and BR M3 HT (P) for Allies.

WORK TO DO
1. Some vehicle hotpoint adjusting
2. More map and scenario conversions
3. German voices cues from CC2 need to be ported
4. Tweaks to air and artillery strikes

Send comments, suggestions, offers of help, bugs to cc2redux [at] hotmail [dot] com.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:31 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

The CCMT engine does not allow for a campaign in the style of The Longest Day or Cross of Iron... it instead has a series of individual battles.

It's Battlemaker/scenario editor is one of this releases strongest features and would be the best in the CC series in this respect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DasHoff

Rep: 13.8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

itd be epic to get a scenario goin with a bunch of us playing it. how many players does it support?

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:56 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

5 on each side. i.e. you can have a full company + some attachments.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:23 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
stwa

pass it on to me for review as CCMT project manager (see Andrew Williams in the credits) and I'll do the uploading  :)

contact me at

andreww [at] strategy3tactics [dot] com

I'll send you ftp details

regards
schrecken
Andrew Williams
s3t

For some reason, I just saw this post.

As I have stated many times before. I am not going to be uploading any cutdown original CC map for ANY of the games including CC5 and CCMT. I figure they are very easy to make with Mafi's CC2 tool. Besides, there are a more than a dozen CC4 and CC5 maps that are already SQUARE TO BEGIN WITH. So you could easily include those in a plugin YOURSELF, in just a few minutes of time.

I am not trying to be a creep, I just don't want to distribute basically un-modified game files around the internet.

Regards,

Stwa

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:14 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

:facepalm:

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

zon wrote (View Post):
Redux includes a wide assortment of German, U.S. and British forces. There are seven maps and nine scenarios, which are essentially cloned from CC2. There are also a couple starter H2H scenarios for more than 2 players. I was going to wait and see how much interest there is in the mod before converting any more maps and making scenarios.

readme....

CC2 Redux for CCMT - Version 1.0
by Zon

WHAT IS IT?
This mod replaces all stock forces in Close Combat Modern Tactics with units from Close Combat II: A Bridge Too Far. It does not yet include a complete map set. There are now seven maps from CC2, nine converted scenarios and two new scenarios designed for H2H for 2-4 players. Data is based on the 3.4 CC2 patch used in online play at TournamentHouse.com and Battle HQ.

NOTES FOR CC2 PLAYERS:
Players of original CC2 will notice numerous game engine improvements in CCMT, including unit-facing control, multiple waypoints for better unit pathfinding, vehicles that carry passengers, unit dig-in commands, air and off-map support, improved game effects, and multiplayer for up to ten players (that many players is not recommended for CC2 maps). All units and maps will look like they did in CC2, but not all game characteristics will be exactly the same. LOS will not always be the same as in CC2, for example. Voice cues: German voices are from later CC releases for this release.

NOTES FOR NON-CC2 PLAYERS:
This mod offers a great assortment of Allied and German units to use in the WWII setting (Market-Garden period), including U.S., British, Polish, SS, Heer and FJ forces. Maps from CC2 are far smaller than typical CCMT maps and H2H play should likely be limited to four players, but you might find that the smaller play area makes the AI a far better opponent. Battle dynamics are far different as well -- Close Combat really is close.

PASSENGER VEHICLES
Passenger carrying is limited for CC2 Redux. One halftrack type on each side carries soldiers. You can ID these vehicles by the (P) at the end of their names: SDKfz 251/1 HMG (P) for Germans and BR M3 HT (P) for Allies.

WORK TO DO
1. Some vehicle hotpoint adjusting
2. More map and scenario conversions
3. German voices cues from CC2 need to be ported
4. Tweaks to air and artillery strikes

Send comments, suggestions, offers of help, bugs to cc2redux [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Oh Meester Zon,

Let me introduce myself. I am Stwa, basically a peon on these forums. I am a very small feesh in a very large pond if you know what I mean. I have ben feedling with your mod. And it is a very nice mod indeed.

Whenever there is new information like a new patch or something, I am generally the last one to know. So I was wondering about the executable file that is included in your mod. I noticed it had a version date of April 28, 2009. I re-read the features of your mod and I did not notice any mention of a brand new exe. Perhaps you could explain to the peons of the world, like me.

Also, I noticed, the exe corrects one of my biggest pet peeves with the game. That is when you edit a mission the game prompts the mission name and description so you don't have to re-type this every time you change a game. I am going to use the exe some more with my own mods to see what else it fixes.

Regards,

Stwa

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Redux Reply with quote

Ok,

I am NO expert, but the 2009.4.28 exe seems to fix the following:

1. The prompt values on the save mission dialogue box.

2. The sometimes annoying separation of some of the soldier types (specifically 23-Asst. Squad Leader). Other types may be fixed too.

What the exe may NOT have fixed.

1. The alignment mistakes in the soldier and de-brief screens.

2. The continual use of country specific names in the exe. (For de-brief text and error related text when creating a mission).

3. The silly "10 player game" display in the description field of a mission.

But, for some reason, despite seeming like a new exe, you can still edit it with RTB, specifying version 2007.12.12.1 seems to work just fine. So using RTB and a hex editor, you can fix the items I listed above.

Anyway, I have fixed what I can, and put this exe into my "Update" pluggins for WW2 and CCMT.

If items 1, 2, and 3 would just be taken care of by the developers and released in a patch, then modders would not have to modify or distribute the exe at all.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: