Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am Post subject: Empire Total War Reply with quote

It rox!

That is kinda different from other TW series games (i've been playing them since the release of Shogun Smile), but IMO it is excellent!

Great strategic level and very intense and bloody battles, AI is pretty good - it makes flanking maneuvres, auxilary attacks, charges on your weakend units and artillery.

It still has some little bugs but CA fixes them every day with tiny updates (available everytime u start the game with STEAM). And they really understand what they do and that allows them to fix all the reported mistakes really fast (compare that to some other developer teams Wink).

I've been playing ETW for 3 weeks (several hours a day) and still didn't get bored - that really surprises me Smile.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have this one, it sound so grate, i got the MTW, and it was a positive thing..

And Petr I decline yer invetation to Poltava, Im v bussy then, but I be happy to see you in Narva.

Kung Karl

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

TW games looks good but they suck in AI.

Too bad you can´t play campaign with your friend.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TW games looks good but they suck in AI.

ETW has pretty cool AI for vanilla version.

Quote:
Too bad you can´t play campaign with your friend.

u can in hot-seat mode since M2TW:Kingdoms

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Spasiba for the info Dima.
May check out ETW.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Arghhh...I have been avoiding ETW due to limited free time...but now I guess I'll have to make free time for this thing Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Arghhh...I have been avoiding ETW due to limited free time...but now I guess I'll have to make free time for this thing

u gotta try it!
that's such a feeling when charging enemy infantry gets totally disrupted by artillery battery firing caseshots at point blank...
or when u developed bayonets faster than your enemy and can effectively charge his infantry with bayonet fixed instead of get involved in long and bloody firefite (line vs line) Smile.

haven't seen naval combat yet...

milo66

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

I would wait till the 1.4 patch comes out before purchace then check the forums,,I'm sorry to say they relesed the game to early.
Could be a awsome game,,,,,,but the bugs have really spoilt it and it seems that when they fix a bug it create another one if you have a beefy system give it a go ,,,,put it this way i did'nt know what a CTD was before i played ETW i dont think the game likes some Nvidia cards.....It is also a big reason i dusted off my old faithfull CC3 and CC5 i'm going to have a go at downloading a Mod and get back in to this terific series,,,,,,,For me when ETW is working its great but with the last patch i started having silly little bugs Like no unlimber button on cannons. when only last week there was. you have no control over the patching which makes it easer sure, but for example i cant revert back to previous patch which was working fine for me,,all i can do is hope the next patch will fix the lot.....Its been a big pain in the butt,,,,and have now shelved the game,,,,,,,,,,You HAVE to download Steam to play the game but can play in offline mode.    Personally it has not been a pleasent experience and sure nice to be back at CCS feels like coming home....

BIG HINT) Laughing  the game will probably be half price at STEAM with next patch it was with the other one!!!!

Last edited by milo66 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

Quote:
And they really understand what they do and that allows them to fix all the reported mistakes really fast (compare that to some other developer teams Wink).

hmmm... sounds like a progressively buggier game is what you are looking for and getting.

Cheap shot Dima, as usual (but I understand as you are russian), but s3t puts 100% effort into bug fixes and updates given the resources allocated to us by the title owners and publishers.

yours as always
schreck
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

looks like it is all very subjective Smile.

Quote:
but the bugs have really spoilt it and it seems that when they fix a bug it create another one if you have a beefy system give it a go ,,,,put it this way i did'nt know what a CTD was before i played ETW i dont think the game likes some Nvidia cards....

strange, i have Nvidia 9800GT and it works just fine on my PC - didn't have any CTD since the first patch...

Quote:
For me when ETW is working its great but with the last patch i started having silly little bugs Like no unlimber button on cannons. when only last week there was you have no control over the patching which makes it easer sure, but for example i cant revert back to previous patch which was working fine for me,,all i can do is hope the next patch will fix the lot.....Its been a big pain in the butt,,,,and have now shelved the game,,,,,,,,,,

my version is 1.3.1 build 1139.2308 and i don't have any of the problems you mentioned..

Quote:
You HAVE to download Steam to play the game but can play in offline mode.

i can play ETW running Steam in offline mode.

i also use DarthMod (v2,5 now) - maybe that's a main difference Wink?

schrecken,
Quote:
hmmm... sounds like a progressively buggier game is what you are looking for and getting.

truth - that's why i got WAR and TLD Smile.

Quote:
Cheap shot Dima, as usual (but I understand as you are russian),but s3t puts 100% effort into bug fixes and updates given the resources allocated to us by the title owners and publishers

i never argued s3t didn't. actually iam sure s3t is still working hard on bug fixes and updates for CCMT/WaR.
iam also sure that some persons just can't jump over their heads Smile.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

I cant jump over my head... otherwise I'd be arse up.

Quote:
strange, i have Nvidia 9800GT and it works just fine on my PC - didn't have any CTD since the first patch...

my version is 1.3.1 build 1139.2308 and i don't have any of the problems you mentioned..

hey, you sound like a developer!

in fact TRSM and Utah forums are full of developeresque replies.... Lucky you only mod.    Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonLoringen

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:15 am Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

Wow.  I wish I had your luck with the AI, Dima.  When I play, the enemy displays an inordinate fondness for sitting complacently, outside their own effective range, and getting cut to pieces.  I find that if you can keep your own artillery protected from enemy cavalry, you can basically wander around the map at your leisure and destroy the enemy with virtually no friendly losses.  I have had more than half a dozen battles were my total losses were 0, and the enemy lost their whole force.  I got bored and stopped playing after that.

As for the strategic AI:  It's funny, because you can systematically invade Britian's colonies in the West Indies and North America, and they do nothing about it.  The local forces defend, of course, but no reinforcements are sent.  No powerful Royal Navy fleets descend upon you.  In the very last game I played before giving up entirely, I controlled all of South America, the Caribbean, and about half the eastern seaboard of North America, and nobody, not Britain, not France, not Spain nor the Netherlands had lifted a finger to stop me.

And then there are coalition wars.  As Prussia, I usually managed to get into a war with Poland, Austria, Saxony, Kurland and Wurttemberg simultaneously.  And every time, whether I have beaten them in battle or not, I can make peace a mere three turn later with the Austrians.  Yet everybody else fights on, completely ignoring the growing strength disparity, allowing me to gobble up all those little states for free.  The strategic AI has no sense of proportion or balance of power.  States that ought to fight you to preserve their own power don't, and little nations that have no business being adventurous attack you fearlessly.  

At least someone is getting some enjoyment from the game though.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:12 pm Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

install Darthmod Smile.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Empire Total War Reply with quote

What's the editor like?

Can you create your own tactical maps?

Can the game be used for single battles?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: