Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1261
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:43 am Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

I think I'll just wait and see what the next patch brings if anything for WAR before going any further.
Just incase they decide to change anything.

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:44 am Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

They must do that patch, fixing bugs, and changing BGs teams, balancing the game. We payed for that.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

I'll just go ahead and leave it like it is for now.
If there is a demand for it to have the original Icons for the Vet.Tanks and Vehicles I'll change it for them.

Please remove any copies of the workbook you previously got from me and now use this one.

One BG was wrong Thus the reason you need to delete that workbook.
And it now contains Icons for the Weapons page.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.55 KB
 Viewed:  7391 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevin92

Rep: 19.2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Haha I finally got it!!After hours of frustration at my lack of computer IQ I finally managed to succesfully edit forcepools!!

Thanks very much for the advice 'platoon_michael' and 'senior_drill'..ur advice was invaluable and obviously time consuming for yourselves and probably frustrating also.Thanks anyway,really appreciate it...

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Heck I was glad I was finally able to do it myself.

I pretty much conclude that to be all im going to do with the workbook.
I might change the download to include the Teams sheets I did and the Vehicle list but other than that im done.

Doramas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Really hard to edit the fpools file, I have the data mod for war close to be finished, i will need someone to test it online, i used for german armor (for panzers only) the old Truegreen data by nimits, the armor for all germans tanks are close to 4 times that in regular game, except for pzIV it is the same. For Tiger i used a different value. I removed all posibility of reinforcement.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Doramas wrote (View Post):
Really hard to edit the fpools file, .

Is that because of the different sheets for the BG's with the Icons?
Or is that just in general?
Schrecken posted something about a FP Calculator but I havent seen it yet.
Hopefully it will be soon and easy to use.

OK once again (Last time I promise)
I changed the download for the workbook with the Icons.
Added the sheets I did a few months ago for the Teams pages and the one sheet that has nothing but all the Tanks/Vehicles/Guns/Planes from WAR

Also added a readme so no one forgets that I changed the AlsTeams page because of the Vet. Icons.
(I really hate the idea of that messing someone up)

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doramas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Is hard, because is difficult to balance the game. Tools spare time and work, but dont balance it.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Here is a link to a ForcePool calculator (bottom right corner): http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

- Works for WAR and TLD
- Takes the line difficulty unit quantities you enter and then adjusts them by a percentage you enter for the other the difficulty levels and then by a percentage you enter for each day of the campaign

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 am Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

In the Quantities columns for Team Class's 21-25 shouldnt that be 0 (zero) and not -1?
In WAR ours are set at 0
Or is that just the way TLD does it?

Thanks

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:40 am Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Just checked TLD and WAR and both use -1 for unit type and 0 for the quantity. I don't think the code/exe will look at the quantity column if the type is -1 but to be safe I'll change it 0.

Thanks again for the feedback!

kranz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Hi
I've read all post in this thread and used the method given by platoon_michael but somehow I failed. I noticed that there are already 2 mods so mby one of them adds Tiger I and II to the game? If not can someone post more detailed instruction on how to add them or at least explain this second step i.e. adding numer after 113 in fpools.txt.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Did you put the edited file within the game?
Did you choose the proper BG with the new tanks?

kranz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Did you put the edited file within the game?

I guess I failed here. I just saved the txt, so pls tell me how to do it correctly?

bump...anyone pls?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: Editing Forcepools Reply with quote

Hi Tejszd,

Have you updated anything for the FPCalculator recently?
Would it be possible for you to change the manner in which one cant edit the amount of units other than on the first line?

It currently works great but if one wants to add a different unit say on day 10 one has to go and edit that amount manually.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: