Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm Post subject: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

Does anyone know an online source or other history organization to obtain technical blueprint illustrations?  Specifically I am looking for aircraft design blueprints but i'll take whatever I can get.  

Learning CAD and traditional design illustration...need some help finding original drawings.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

I don't know of any that would have more than a small example picture.  Years ago there were sites that had a lot more, but they have either closed or restricted access to a lot of research material.

For aircraft, you might want to contact the Commenorative Air Force (formerly the Confederate Air Force).  They might provide you with contacts or links.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

HawkerHart

Rep: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 am Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

If your in the UK maybe try Duxford. Or even the Shuttleworth Collection, I know they have quite a substantial library of stuff, and they may well have that kind of thing.

HawkerHart

Rep: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:52 am Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

Actually try any aviation museum. If they have the stuff and you show enthusiasm I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out.

dj

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

Thanks...good suggestions.  I wrote to http://www.flyingheritage.com/ founded by Microsoft's Paul Allen in Washington.  They have an incredible collection and aggressively acquire old warbirds for complete restorations.  No shortage of cash for them as he has plenty of money.

Also found a decent book at Borders Books last night for only $6 with detailed technical drawings called Modern Miltary Aircraft Anatomy.  No WWII warbirds but still a decent collection of drawings.

Spinlock

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

Try Google Image search. I think most most planes have schematics online

dj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:27 am Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

Wow...you are right.  Google image search brought about some superb technical drawings.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:03 am Post subject: Re: Need help finding WWII technical illustrations Reply with quote

I think you might like these ones dj.  Some nice big blueprints to work with.

http://www.3dmodelart.com.ar/docseng/eng_servicios5.htm

cheers

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: