Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pertsajakilu

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 am Post subject: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

Hi!

I have playing now some time Winter War mod and now I noticed that boys don´t acquire kills. Surprisingly they are my main defence against tank. Mostly my 37mm AT-guns fail. But ATR-rifles stays hidden and stops or destroys tanks and guns. Problem is that they don't get kills and don´t gain experience. Is there reason for that or is it bug?

Otherwise it is wonderful. Now I am struggling against t-100 prototype tank. That 2 turret monster is roaming everywhere after it shot my AT-gun.

Regards!
Pertsajakilu

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

Some of your questions you could have answered for yourself with Google or other search engines.

The Boys AT rifle fired a 13.9mm projectile that could only penetrate 16 to 19mm of RHA steel.  It kicked like a mule, was louder than a rock band and was very heavy.  The poor sods armed with it were as afraid of it as they were of the tanks that they were supposed to shoot it at.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_anti-tank_rifle

Leave your AT guns alone.  Set them in a position with some cover and a good field of fire.  Place them on either Ambush (if close to where the enemy tanks may appear) or Defend (if over 100m from where the enemy tanks may appear).  Then leave them alone.  Let them fight the battle.  If you give an AT gun an order to fire, it will be spotted immediately and probably be killed.  Left alone, they can often make several kills and survive the battle.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

pertsajakilu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

Hi!
Thank you for Your reply. I couldn't find related subject in this forum. I was asking game related question not real world performance. And yes I am well aware that Boys could penetrate most winter war Russian tanks which were mainly early 30's desings. I was only asking why they don't aquire kills in their roster and don't gain experience.

I leave my AT-guns mainly alone and try to put them good ambush positions, but often they shoot several shots that don't penetrate and get killed. And I am now speaking of winter war mod. I admit that I am not very well skilled player, but thats better because AI-gives me more challenge. Another thing that I found in this mod that gun crews are wery reluctant to expend their he-ammo. Of course that was thing also in real winter war when artillery ammo was scarse in Finnish Army.

Regards

Pertsajakilu

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

try the warez version ... all works perfectly and better than original.

Available from mooxe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pertsajakilu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

Eeeeh... I am not complaining just asking. I have  two cd version. In my two cd close combat set secod only release game for play. I don't want any cracked version. Just to now game aspcets when playing mods. What to do and what do not.

What a warm community.

regards
Pertsajakilu

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Winter War mod and boys anti tank rifle Reply with quote

do you get credit for crew kills?  sometimes instead of getting credited with tank kills you only get crew kills if killed / injured one by one, or credited with nothing if the tank is abandoned.  and you have to forgive schrecken, its obviously her time of the month.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: