Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1251
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:19 pm Post subject: GJS44BlackDevils1.2 is now available for download Reply with quote

it is still listed under gjs44sas, but i asked Mooxe to change the DL name to GJS44BlackDevils1.2.

jb

Snick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks a ton for that. Smile
Downloading it right now.

<update>
Damn that looks pretty scary: Sexton SPG 25pdr Shocked
Is that what you were talking about? *shudders*

Wink

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:50 pm Post subject: Damn that looks pretty scary: Sexton SPG 25pdr Reply with quote

well...yeah, that and the 25 pdr gun. it has a big gun, but it is open topped, so vulnerable to mortars and small arms, and the armor on the sexton was not much either, particularily around the open top. but the gun can do a lot of damage.

jb

Snick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played Villers Bocage and shot a Sexton and a Firefly with a Flammpanzer III, i didn't expect that.
The Sexton with the main gun and the firefly with the flamer.
But only after each of them destroyed a Tiger. (good job on the 8.8 sound btw.)
Looking forward to run into one of these 25 pdr guns. Wink

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:29 pm Post subject: shot a Sexton and a Firefly with a Flammpanzer III, Reply with quote

well, the pzIII is a great little tank! armor about the same as a FF. and the 50mm can do some damage, no doubt, not to mention the flame. i was just playing my gc, i had a 25pdr hidden at the end of road. it took out 4 panthers in a row. you know the AI, lol. the panthers just kept coming around the corner. could' nt spot the 25pdr, hehe. it still took a few good solids hits to knock out a panther tho.

jb

Snick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that from CCIV, on long distances the Panther was hard to defeat.
But as always it's only a matter of firepower and sometimes the crews aren't very smart Wink
My PzIII got them on a close distance and the Firefly was also rounding a corner.
But one thing was a bit strange, when the Firefly took out the Tiger, the gun pointed in a 90° angle away from the Tiger.
It stood pretty close to a house at a street corner, maybe that prevented it from turning the turret.
But i'm not sure.
That wrong angle thingy happened in CCIV sometimes before i patched and updated it to truegreen.

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:14 pm Post subject: when the Firefly took out the Tiger, the gun pointed in a 9 Reply with quote

that happens sometimes, i've seen that many times.

jb

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:25 am Post subject: 20mm AA Reply with quote

just a little error i think, the polston 20mm (on reinforce) does not want to fire toe 20mm at non targets(area firing) just the rifles. had 2 guns do this on mervill in bunkers at infantry, used all rifle ammo, then the 20mm kicked in!
when i had LOS on inf, still used rifles first. weird?

also a panther VG should have green /yellow LOS on a churchill tank? no it was black at 500M, yellow at under 400M. it took 25 of so 7.5 L71 rounds and some 30 7.5L48 rounds to take out 1 flame tank at 525M front on.
tough barstard!!

those churchill 57mm 6lb's are also one tough hombro,not much hit at distance, but outclass my poor old Mk4'sL48'guns.

lastly, the reload rate of the centure95mm is quick, and the 290mm spigot is ....well a little hard to believe, 20rds are gone in a few minutes it seems, i'd guess 3 times faster then GJS43

like 4 man vickers :O) they live long enough now to fire the 1500 rds.

is scavenging moddable? seems like some blokes dont pick nothin up...

gun/tank crews go to command i think is a good thing, as a EX CCIII players, ALL crews became infantry, scavenged weapons well, and with pistols/grenades where good grognads, and helped turn many battles which came down to the wire.i think only lordys reg extra does it, how about it blokes?

lovin the mod as always,
LONG LIVE CLOSE COMBAT

TACK

espree de corp

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:40 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

el alamein has that feature to tack.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:44 pm Post subject: ANZAC_Tack Reply with quote

with the 20mm polsten i know what you mean. i find sometimes they will fire rifles, sometimes they will switch to 20mm. i been observing this, and checked the data file, and it is ok. i believe it has do to, if the leader has los or not. if he does they fire 20mm, if not, rifles. i've seen this with all the guns, allied and german.
Q: "also a panther VG should have green /yellow LOS on a churchill tank? no it was black at 500M, yellow at under 400M. it took 25 of so 7.5 L71 rounds and some 30 7.5L48 rounds to take out 1 flame tank at 525M front on.
tough barstard!!"
A: i did not alter the 75mm L70 gun at all. and i did not not change churchhill armor either. crocs armor is tough at a distance, but not that tough. was the croc behind anything? i checked the data, all is good, that is strange. let me know if it continues plz.

Q; "those churchill 57mm 6lb's are also one tough hombro,not much hit at distance, but outclass my poor old Mk4'sL48'guns."
A; i did not make any changes to 6pdr or 75mmL48, checked data, all is good.

Q; "lastly, the reload rate of the centure95mm is quick, and the 290mm spigot is ....well a little hard to believe, 20rds are gone in a few minutes it seems, i'd guess 3 times faster then GJS43"
A; well, the 290mm reload is a lot faster. but it does take longer to load than any other cannon, german or allied. i wanted to do something drastic with the avre. i could not stand the slow reload. too slow. i even thought about taking it out of the game. but decided to make it an effective weapon. maybe it should have a few more rounds, lol.

Q; "is scavenging moddable? seems like some blokes dont pick nothin up... "
A; well...i dont know how do it. but in my gc's the troops scavenge all the time."

jb

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:01 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

hey mac,
can some1 using black devils gjs play against some1 using normal gjs on the other settings?i.e:recruit ect as black devils is on elite setting?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:29 pm Post subject: ANZAC_Lord4war Reply with quote

wont work, i dont think. there are many changes to teams and data, not only Fps. sorry. try it tho. but dont think you will have any luck.

jb

dalo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What sounds have been fixed or changed in black devils, i would really like to know. its just that im a real fan of the GJS 4.4 sounds like the mortars and mg42's and mg34's. also what changes have been made, has it been made more realistic in the way units are equipped etc. One last thing this talk about the 290mm reload time being shortened, is this shortened from what it was in GJS4.4

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: