Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cowmando

Rep: 8.8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:11 am Post subject: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Have just got CC:TLD and installed it when I try and play it I get and error message instaed of the game starting. It simply says in the title bar: "close combat error" and then in the grey box thing: "not avaliable" then an OK button. Anyone know why and if it is possible for me to cure this. I have had it running OK on my laptop but touch pad is just not the same as a mouse, especially for multiplayer. I have had CC:MT running fine one this computer (although they never sent me disk 2 and I stupidly uninstalled the copy I downloaded).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the close combat games are about the only ones I play on my computer.

Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

This is a new one to me, but just a thought, did you install it to the default location or one you specified yourself?  It seems to me that the programme can't find the appropriate file.

Cowmando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

I installed it to default place

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Looks like a Direct X issue to me...have you got the latest Direct X and video drivers installed?

Cowmando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:57 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

thanks I will try installing the latest direct x and see if it works

Cowmando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Latest Direct X did not help. Don't know if there is anything else to try. I shall continue to try and make it work until it does I have CCV to keep me going.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:26 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Hold Ctrl when you click on the exe to start the game
The Close Combat Options window will appear
Go to the Gerneal tab
Click on Enable Video to remove the check mark

If that works then you are missing the video codec for the start up video..

Cowmando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion but that does not seem to have worked.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Firstly

You should be able to download CCMT if you put in your oder number and serial number "Find my order" or somthing similar at digital river.

secondly

When you held down control did the options box pop up?  (you didn't say)

What is your operating system and system specs?

have you tried

Running as administrator
compatibility mode
updating directx
updating sound and video drivers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Cowmando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

I did get the options menu up and turned off the video but I still got the same error. I have put the latest direct x on my computer. Will look into drivers next. I am running windows xp not sure which service pack off the top of my head. Off the top of my head my system specs are 2.1 ghz processor and 1 GB of ram. Will look up which service pack and the rest of the specs and what drivers I need later as I am about to continue my CCV campaign.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Cowmando...first off...the videos have nothing to with the "Close Combat Error - Not available" error for CCTLD.
Since you've already installed the latest direct-x...make sure that Direct-Draw is available and enabled.
With the new CC re-releases...Direct-Draw needs to be enabled for the exe to function.

1. Click START

2. RUN

3. Type: DXDIAG (press enter)

4. now click DISPLAY

5. Make sure that DIRECTDRAW ACCELERATION is enabled

Note: This pic from Close Combat Trouble Shooting Guide is for disabling direct-draw for the original CC version...so don't be confused.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

That is the fix.... I knew ... forgot it ... now I know it again.

Not much point in installing the latest directx if you have it turned off... is there ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Cowmando...first off...the videos have nothing to with the "Close Combat Error - Not available" error for CCTLD.
Since you've already installed the latest direct-x...make sure that Direct-Draw is available and enabled.
With the new CC re-releases...Direct-Draw needs to be enabled for the exe to function.

1. Click START

2. RUN

3. Type: DXDIAG (press enter)

4. now click DISPLAY

5. Make sure that DIRECTDRAW ACCELERATION is enabled

Note: This pic from Close Combat Trouble Shooting Guide is for disabling direct-draw for the original CC version...so don't be confused.

I believe the those options in DXDIAG are not available anymore. That DirectX version is 6, I think we are at 10 now. Will still apply to people with legacy systems but not to Cowmando.

Maybe the CC Starter is the answer?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:27 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

windows Xp with directx9c has those options.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:44 am Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Yep...DirectX 9.0c...and Cowmando is running WinXP.
I believe Cowmando is also playing a CC5 campaign and he has direct-draw disabled.

Use the CC Starter to disable direct-draw just for CC.

Cowmando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: CCTLD - Close Combat Error - Not avaliable Reply with quote

Thank you the enabling direct draw worked. Do I now have to disable it when I play CCV? I shall have a look for that close combat starter program in the downloads section.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: