Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 am Post subject: TLD little mod Reply with quote

I think I can say I have finished GC with Will. We have founded some issues I would like to change in a little "txt" mod. I placed the same post on the matrix forum becouse I think some of you use only this one.

Here are our concerns regarding TLD:

1). MGs and Schweres have usually "cannot see" problem.
Solution: There are too many people in the squad soI will make them smaller like 3 maybe 4 persons.

2).At guns are too valurable for mortar fire
Solution: make “chance that armor will protect an exposed crew member (column BF (from TOP))” risen from 0 to 398 what means 90% of cover ("Senior modders" - will it be enough? I founded out that they are being killed easly even then)

3). Schrecks too powerful.
Solution: reduce range from 250m to 180m. Also set allowed targets to All (when the unit is set to Ambush, it will not shot at infantry)

4). Mortars too powerful
Solution: is it possible to greatly increase "aimimg" time? So there will be no "immidietly" fire support with use of binded keys. Its fairly immposiible that mortar crew will aim at completly different location in ONE second as it is right now.
If it is posiible to make this value increased (important: NOT the rate of fire, NOT the setup time after movement, but time needed for the FIRST aim), we could make mortar even more powerfull in terms of blast radius etc. I wouldnt like to be even 20m from shell explosion...
When the aimimg time will be increased, it will make all vehicles more safe even when mortar will be more powerful. "Senior modders" - how to do this?

Also, we can make light mortars "faster with aiming"
5).German 7,5cm AT guns and Inf Guns cannot be placed inside houses, hedgegrows, bocage etc
Soultion: change it - but how, "Senior modders" WHich column regards for this?

6). Assult squads should have flamers (i just like it:)

7). Flamers should have possibility to fire flamer while moving

8). Snipers made equal (German/Allied)

Here are our concerns regarding forcepools in GC:

1). Germans BGs are too weak. Way to weak. There is no fun to play as German.
Solution:
a). add one or two shrecks to each german BG and it will COMPLETLY change allied tactic. No more massive tanks assults as shrecks with high concelments can easly knock them out. German BGs will be still very weak but at least will be able to do something
b). add 2 snipers to germans
c). remove feature that weak BGs can deploy less units "Senior modders" - how to do this? BTW - how does it work? Does the game calculates the amount of squads in BG and then allows X% to be deployed or what? I know its realistic so we have to think about this... Maybe just adding some units will help a bit. Simply when 2 experience players meets, mapis over after second turn (overhelming allied power).

So once Germans can hide their guns in builidngs, have 2 snipers and 2 bazookas, moratrs are not so effective in terms of aiming Germans TDs can survive more then 5 seconds, have some more units to defend and finally Schweres can be redeployed and after movement they will shot something - there can be some  more fun:)

Please, add your thoughts, what annoys you etc so I can add to this.

Also I am waiting for answers:)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: