Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1260
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

It was a simple mixup of 2 files: INPDH.txt and INPDHil.txt...but none of the files were corrupted  Rolling Eyes

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Hmm...had problems posting this earlier...turns out the forum rejects specific characters/symbols.

Installed the v55007b beta patch...went through some screens and played a quick battle to check out the changes...looks like some of the bugs were not addressed yet.
The elements.txt file hasn't addressed the see-thru hedgerows (Block LOS = 0)...and some minor (but annoying) data-gadget "typos" are still present.

Fixed Gammon bomb icon in Weapons.txt: in the fix list, but looks like this hasn't been fixed.

Allied Company HQ using the wrong gadgets, they're using basic infantry symbols instead of their specialized symbols (Airborne, Ranger etc).
The gadgets are available, just not linked to the data correctly.

Error in the gadget files?

US AB using the wrong rank gadgets in the battle screens (olive Army uniforms instead of the khaki uniforms correctly used in the soldier screens):

Also...to represent US AB units correctly (uniforms and ranks gadgets)...extra data slots are needed for GIR Platoon and Company HQ teams.
In the current alsteam data...we only have PIR Platoon HQ Teams and GIR Company HQ Teams.
That's why you will see GIR BGs with Platoon HQ teams wearing M42 jumpsuits and PIR BGs with Company HQ teams wearing olive drab.

German Tank and AG crew rank graphics are still not historically correct...I gotta get off my butt and finish my little Panzerwaffe rank mod Wink
French Commandos rank gadgets in this beta patch needs fixing too...it's not updated with the final version of the graphics.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Isigny - map coding glitches not fixed.
This was reported a few months ago...

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

What kind of protection does having a stone floor provide anyway?. Does it mean it will protect you better from mortar and artillery fire, by hiding in the basement?.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Digs wrote (View Post):
What kind of protection does having a stone floor provide anyway?. Does it mean it will protect you better from mortar and artillery fire, by hiding in the basement?.

Depends on the elements data, but basically stone floors and wood floors have different data values for variables like"HE effect" and "how long flamable"...but you can't really observe this in the game. On the other hand "explode effects" and "rubble to" is more visible in the game...those wood floors on the Isigny maps will turn into stone rubble when crushed/shelled  Wink

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="squadleader_id";p="45510"]
Digs wrote (View Post):
...... On the other hand "explode effects" and "rubble to" is more visible in the game...those wood floors on the Isigny maps will turn into stone rubble when crushed/shelled  Wink

Probably just a side effect from the ultra secret Gorgon shell, quickly withdrawn from service in Jun'44 after several members of artillery crews did not follow procedures and looked at the fuze setting without the protective goggles.  A few of the more dramatic poses were bronzed for monuments, but most of the testing and training accidents and the effects from the couple of dozen rounds fired in combat were quickly broken up into gravel for road repair.

Or it is just another data error.  Wink

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I think you will find it is the very popular for 1944 Faux wood stone floor marketed by bedrock industries in southern Alsace.

Once Lino was invented it fell in popularity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:22 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

^^^

Looks like 1944 Faux wood stone floor was chosen for the official patch  Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:30 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

No accounting for taste ... is there?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojusoki wrote (View Post):
Answer for Shrecken, regarding my blidness and flashes from muzzles when a player is a guest at H2H:

I am saying about situation when you are under fire, you can see "green or red lines" flying towards you, but no flashes where exacly are those "lines" from.  Pretty important when attacking... My question was regarding this issue.
And I do confirm there are no flashes (but it would be right if BOTH sides CANNOT see them while not seeing a unit).

I have already doublechecked it in single palyer.

When I DO NOT see an enemy unit, which is shooting at me:
1). when I play vs AI I can see flashes
2). when I am guest I cant
There is an attachment "flash.jpg" showing situation when flasz is visible when playing vs AI

So I am not blind... Now what? Any other playing H2H as a guest - can you see the flashes?

Classic Bug, and the worst one ever, next to the 00:00 crash.

The guest never could see AT back-blast nor muzzle flash. Only Cannon blast and flame thrower. Also Guest Cannot rubble anything. Not being able to rubble walls is critical once you realize that as the Host, you can blast down house walls, and shoot clear to the back or even through to the next house. As it should be.

Don't know why these ones were never fixed, it really unbalances H2H. I always figured once somebody got access to the engine code, these 2 bugs would be the first to go. Their correction would improve all new Close Combat Mods across the board.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:07 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

They are both fixed , Back blast muzzle blast and rubble over a  year a go.  

Muzzle Flash fixed in an earlier tLD beta patch and now in the official patch.

Play the game and you will see

no need to say thanks it's done for the whining.

Last edited by schrecken on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:08 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Unless of course they have been unfixed in the most recent patch... but i couldn't be bothered checking right now.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:29 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

And Not to mention Hedgerows....

Oh damn I said hedgerows so I'd better spill the beans... yes the client can now see crushed hedgerows.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Fixed?! really? Now I'm exited. The post I was quoting though was posted Sunday May 10th 2009, hardly a year ago.  Confused

Ok Im almost sold on the game but Iv always been a fan of the original (with a few of my own little tweaks to AT guns and force pools).  If I buy TLD the original comes with it right?  And most importantly.  Are these 2 bugs fixed in that version of the original ?

Thanks.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

It's good to have to reply to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about... of course i have all the time in the world.

As stated above:

They are both fixed , Back blast muzzle blast and rubble over a  year a go.  

Muzzle Flash fixed in an earlier tLD beta patch and now in the official patch.

yes the client can now see crushed hedgerows fixed over one year ago.

Quote:
Are these 2 bugs fixed in that version of the original

Not fixed in CC5: Invasion Normandy, that still suffers all the bugs it ever has....  but it is fixed in the Classic CC5 that comes free with The Longest Day

All the above are fixed in Wacht am Rheine... except muzzle flash which is fixed on my machine and will be fixed for everyone with the next patch.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Just a thought

You can play Classic CC4 with all the above fixed (including Muzzle Flashes)

Download here : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=299

or

Here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:38 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Great Im sold. Definitely worth the Buy.

What other differences can I expect to see in the "Classic CC5" That comes with TLD  ?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

__Creeper__ wrote (View Post):
Great Im sold. Definitely worth the Buy.

What other differences can I expect to see in the "Classic CC5" That comes with TLD  ?

Don't let me stop you from spending your money but....

It's still Close Combat just like you remember it! The only advantage is.... some of the bugs are fixed.

After you buy it dont hesitate to post how much better than the original it is! Looking forward to hearing from you...........

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

That actually is exactly what I wanted to hear mooxe.  The same game I love with the bugs fixed. Perfect. (would have liked to see the "change 2 units in your forcepool/roster feature" but I'll take it.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Since we're on the topic of suggestions. I have one for tank pathing. Remove it all together, its not needed.

Have the vehicles follow the way points to a T until they bump into an impassable un crushable barrier or another vehicle, then continue to try.

Iv seen it work for other games.  In "Panzer Front" your tanks will without question follow any waypoints given, even off the side of a cliff. If it bumps into another vehicle or wreck, or a house, it will continue to bump it until you fix it with another order.

And Iv never had a "WTF R you Doing !" moment in that game.

#2 suggestion, of lesser importance.

Have all tanks choose to fire first and never mind adjusting their hull orientation to face the enemy tank. The player can take care of the rest if thats what he wanted.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: