Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1244
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Nick_Arrow

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:55 am Post subject: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Hi!

I have found the download package containing the great war mod at this forum and I have tried to follow the read me files but I'm very confused.

I have CC3 installed on my computer but I don't know how to install the great war in order to get the whole mod be full working.

I know who to exchange maps and the base files but I'm unsure of the plugins and something called config. manager.

Anyone where who could help, i would be very thankful!

/Nick

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:59 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Hi again!

I've tried to follow the read me instructions but it seems to be some more problems with this.
When I come in to the menu when I choose to play a game there is a error message who
says:
"Unable to find operation in data. Please re-install Close Combat"

Anyone who know what's wrong?

Any help would be very valuable!

/Nick

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Ok, I think I got this with place the right battles to the right folders and I'm planning to play the
great war campaign but there is an error message saying that I'm missing a map called "Dug-in.mmm".

I have look around but I can't find this Dug-in map. Anyone who knows where I can get this map?

Thanks,

Nick

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Dugin is here   http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=4&min=20&orderby=dateD&show=20

did you download the mappack for Great War?

here http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=142&min=20&orderby=dateD&show=20

or If you have Cross of Iron the Great war mappack is here:  http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

Cross of Iron Downlods

Last edited by schrecken on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Schrecken!

This was the last map I was searching for.

I'm gonna run this on the CC3 game and I downloaded the great war pack here but
there was about 7-8 maps who was missing so I had to look around for these maps
manually.

Thanks for your help with the address!

/Nick

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

By the way,

The Great War mod rocks!

/Nick

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Yes, GWM does rock!

I saw your posts last week and this wekeend I popped in the mod again and played a while.

I actually had 3 maps I made for a small op for GWM before I was given the boot from the CSO a coupel years back. It was originally up for DL there but when they had one of their regualr crashes, the version of the site they rebotted didnt have the DLs on it. Let me look to see if I can find them, and the op I made with it...

I made the Canadian Corps mod, which is a sub mod for GWM, with Canadian units only, but never got around to making an op for it... Ill have to see if the mod is here at CCS for DL and if not get it up! It probably due time I updated the mod with at least a few ops..

Do you ever play H2H with GWM?

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Ok, I see....Sounds very interesting about the op and the canadian corps mod.

Hopes you're going to find it!

H2H? Not yet...Must be a lot better first  Smile
It was years back when I play CC3, and I have just begin to play it again
and it strikes me who good this game is since the release, particularly the GWM!

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Hello Nick, yes the GW mod was always one of my favourites for CC3,

I don't know if its still around, as I haven't played CC3 for ages, but there was a series of Gallipoli battles which had some brilliant maps of Lone Pine and the Nek, as well as the beach map with the River Clyde on it. If you can find them they are well worth playing.

Its a shame that GW was one of the CC3 mods that was 'left behind' when some like WinterWar etc. were transferred across to CCV.

Have fun in those trenches Smile

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:24 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

You can download the great War mod for Cross of Iron from here:  http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

i think diggin robat still has an update on a slow back burner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

ronson wrote (View Post):
Hello Nick, yes the GW mod was always one of my favourites for CC3,

I don't know if its still around, as I haven't played CC3 for ages, but there was a series of Gallipoli battles which had some brilliant maps of Lone Pine and the Nek, as well as the beach map with the River Clyde on it. If you can find them they are well worth playing.

Its a shame that GW was one of the CC3 mods that was 'left behind' when some like WinterWar etc. were transferred across to CCV.

Have fun in those trenches Smile

Cheers
Ronson

I have all of these (CC3 Version, mot COI or CC2) files ready to upload to the CCS (Besides the main CC3 mod plugin which is there) But I just need to igure out how to upload, I see a submission area but it refuers to linking alreasy online files!

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Tricky  Confused

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You can download the great War mod for Cross of Iron from here:  http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

i think diggin robat still has an update on a slow back burner.

Oh yes, a very slow back burner considering te years... Confused

I have a newer version, GWM 1.5, on my HD, but never finished it properly, sure I will one day. Was thinking of doing it for COI. Meanwhile our team had other dreams like CC5 Cambrai 1917. Then I was hooked (and still I am) with the Ebro Mod.

Have a look at our old dugout, in which Tim, mod team member from the start, is still on duty:

The Dugout

Time will tell, if there will be a future GW mod.

diggin

GW modding team

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

I do hope so...

Hey, by the way, when I'm still around.

About the Grand Campaign:

When I play the first battle in the first operation in the GW campaign,playing as the allied, I can not continue with the
other maps in that operation when I have won over the germanys.
Instead I'm going right to the second operation.

I guess it is because the BEF was on retreat in the early days of the war.

Does this mean I have to play as the germanys if I had to continue with the other maps in the first operation?

About the Gallipoli maps, I think some of them is in the GW campaign, must check it!
And I will have fun in the trenches!!  Smile

/Nick

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

For your Grand campaign question, YES, its because the Germans are on the assualt early on. Dotn worry, you will get your chance later on!

I have had no success luploadign anything to the CCS. On the new DL page I go to it wants me to link online, the fiels ARENT online. So Ill have to figure this out!!

The GC for GWM is really dynamic, from all out defence, to all out offsence and yes, Gallipoli gfor different terrain and form Sappers GC even a Palestine Op.

You can see from the Dugout link, there are alot of Ops for this. Operation Micheal is really good as well as the Vimy Op.

Worse comes to worse, I can attach ops to a forum post, they are not big DLs.

I even found the last 3 maps I released for CC, all for a GW 3 map op.. which were lost with the deminse of the CSO.

Now... how the hell do I get this up!!?? HELP ME MOOXE!

Nick_Arrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Ok! So when playing the Great War campaign, I have to flee or exit to have the chance to play the other 3 maps on this operation?

Another thing, what do you think when the germany always is equipped with the Forward Observer Geobrachter? They are very annoying to me.

Are there any chances to create a own campaign mode in GWMod?

/Nick

Evulclown

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

Was this mod made by an american? All the american stats far out weigh the British stats, and there's a vast range of US units compared to other nations that fought longer with a bigger range of men (such as france??? or the indian units under england etc). Also... italy isn't to be seen at all, for a country that had 1.5 million men killed or wounded during the war, that's sort of weird!  Razz

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:54 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

You can create your own campaign... Go to the Battle maker and make a series of operations.

Then link them all together into a campaign using notepad.

Just open a copy of an existing campaign on notepad to see how it's done.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 am Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

I don't think any Americans were involved in it's production... read the readme.

I can't even remember any US units in the game when I played... but maybe there is.

Evulclown

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: The Great War Mod Reply with quote

There's quite a few and some of the best elites are US. I don't have a readme with the files, I downloaded it a while ago.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: