Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:07 pm Post subject: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

I know how to create a .pln file, just not sure how to use imake in command prompt. I have experience with DOS for those who wish to explain in detail.

I added a line for Sound.sfx into iinput.txt since it wasn't in there for some reason.

Pasted from Readme.txt

IMake and MMake
by Zeppo9

IMake and MMake are utilities for generating install and uninstall scripts for the Close Combat Configuration Manager. They are compatible with versions CC3 through CC5. IMake produces install/uninstall files for standard plugins and MMake produces install/uninstall files for map renamer plugins. Map renamer plugins are used in CC5.

IMake

IMake is a console application for use at the MS-DOS prompt. It creates install/uninstall files for a standard CC plugin. Its usage is given below:

imake iinput.txt

where iinput.txt is a text file containing the names (one per line) of all the CC files to be placed in the plugin. An example iinput.txt file is included in this package. IMake will create an Output folder (if it does not exist) and place the install and uninstall files into a subfolder called "imake".

MMake

MMake is a console application for use at the MS-DOS prompt. It creates install/uninstall files for a map renamer plugin. Map renamer plugins will typically contain nothing except the install and uninstall files, as the map files to be installed are to be placed in the CC Maps folder. Its usage is given below:

mmake minput.txt

where minput.txt is a text file containing map-name pairs, in which there is one pair per line and the two names in the pair are separated by a space. The first element in the pair is the name of the custom map file, and the second name in the pair is the CC5 map name in which the custom map is to be placed in the strategic map (example: "Gavrus Colomby"). An example minput.txt file is included in this package. MMake will create an Output folder (if it does not exist) and place the install and uninstall files into a subfolder called "mmake". Map renamer install/uninstall scripts are compatible with CC5 Config Manager versions 1.3 or above.

Configuration Manager, IMake, and NMake are freeware not associated with Atomic, SSI, or Microsoft, and are provided "as is" without support or guarantee.

Zeppo9

Pasted from iinput.txt

GETeams.adb
AlsTeams.adb
BGroups.adb
FPools.adb
Vehicles.adb
Weapons.adb
Tanks.azp
Wrecks.azp
EGerVox.sfx
ERusVox.sfx
Music.sfx
Sound.sfx

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just ignore IMake and MMmake. Do your plugins manually, as I did.

They work perfectly.

Cheers
PJ

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is the same.

it is easier to make them manually.

I generally start with a "template" for install and uninstal txts, and just edit it as need be for the new plugin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Confused

Um, could you explain in detail please... I'm using IMake because I don't know how to go about making a script. There is three files in the package I want to upload. Weapons.adb, Sound.sfx and Digs Sfx.txt there needs to be an Install.txt and Uninstal.txt also. The name that I'm giving my file, will be Digs CC5 Weapons.zip.

To make a pln file, all you do is zip your package and change the .zip extension to a .pln extension, then you zip the .pln file. The plug-in doesn't require folder structure, correct?. The files are all together in the same folder, right?.

If you could type up what needs to be in the Install.txt and Uninstall.txt I could paste it into the files myself. It would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Digs on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Digs,

Many people take a working plugin script such as the GJS4.4 one and edit it. Same with uninstall.txt. Just delete every line that lists a file you have not modified.

Quote:
To make a pln file, all you do is zip your package and change the .zip extension to a .pln extension, then you zip the .pln file. The plug-in doesn't require folder structure, correct?. The files are all together in the same folder, right?.

Yes to all questions. Looking forward to your mod.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Digs, something along these lines should work for you.

If you add a text file description of your mod, I believe it will need to be called Readme.txt in order for the config manager to recognize it.

Just put your files: Weapons.adb, Sound.sfx, Install.txt, Uninstal.txt, and Readme.txt (optional) into a folder called CCV Weapons mod V1.0 or something of the like, and zip the folder up. Then change the extension to .pln and you should be good to go.

cheers

Scripts.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Scripts.zip
 Filesize:  763 Bytes
 Downloaded:  322 Time(s)

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!, those were just the kind-of-things I was looking for. Yukon, I had already taken MOOXE's advice and downloaded the GJS Sound Mod and edited the Intall\Uninstal.txt according to my package. I can use your template for future mods of mine (if any), very helpful (& tidy). Wink

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yukon, I had made a few changes to the package I was putting together and ended up using your scripts after all.

yukongold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it all came together for you Digs, and hope you find modding enjoyable enough to keep on experimenting. Modding can be frustrating at times, but rewarding as well. Smile

cheers

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Hi
I'm trying to make a plug for my vetmod,
I could not use imake, I'm trying with the direct method,
but when I give the install command on cfgv13 tells me that the file is missing install.txt,
it is probably wrong somewhere. In attach the two files  install and uninstall in the image the  files to include in the plugin,
can someone help me?

Thx in advance

file.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  file.zip
 Filesize:  46.87 KB
 Downloaded:  278 Time(s)

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Have you checked that you have every file stated in the install txt contained within the pln file?

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Starting from the install / unistall of GJS as indicated above,
I added my files but did not go,
I then deleted the files that were not part of vetmod but still does not work,
I looked at the file inst / unin of other vetmods, they have the word "depends on" I also added on that but still nothing as you can see the files I attached first Confused

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

I noticed that the files ins / unin of vetmod is the ending of STD, I replaced it does not work

Appunti2.jpg
 Description:
uninstall
 Filesize:  189.64 KB
 Viewed:  7086 Time(s)

Appunti2.jpg

Appunti.jpg
 Description:
install
 Filesize:  298.08 KB

Appunti.jpg

Appunti02.jpg
 Description:
plugin's files
 Filesize:  47.56 KB

Appunti02.jpg

yukongold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 am Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Give me a few days salhexe, I'll have a look at this for you.

cheers,

YG

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 am Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Many thanks Very Happy

yukongold

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 am Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Hi salhexe,

I would suggest a somewhat different approach to this. As you are changing quite a few files, I'm thinking the best way would be to add a .AFR extension on to the Africa mod files you want to replace, as part of the rename command lines, and just let them stay in the CC directories. That way the original game files stay safe in the ORG folder.

Another thing to watch for is spaces. Make sure you always use tabs. Spaces at the end of the command lines will cause the config manager to stop. An easy way to check for this is to highlight your text and look for any blue extending past the letters. If you see this go to that line, place your cursor at the end of the text and delete the spaces following.

I'll write up an install and uninstal file for you try out. Will post soon.

cheers,

YG

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

You're talking to a profane,
I've used the space instead of the tab, i don't know rules.
If this is the most comfortable I uplaod files here

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7917

Thx

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

Hi again
In this time spent trying to understand how the file install / uninstal, I realized that there are several ways to do the same thing, but with regard to Africa was not able to make it work anyone.
From a file install done by JimRM2 presume, for a my previous version of vetmod, I added files but does not work anymore, so I decided to try one file and so does not.

more...

z.jpg
 Description:
inst/unin afrik mod
 Filesize:  54.52 KB
 Viewed:  6693 Time(s)

z.jpg

x.jpg
 Description:
inst/unin JimRM2
 Filesize:  23.87 KB
 Viewed:  6693 Time(s)

x.jpg

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Using 'iMake' Reply with quote

I then tried the other methods used in other mod but with the same result,
Cfg say there isn't install file Sad
where I went wrong?
Thanks for your attention

m.jpg
 Description:
inst/unin from meuse
 Filesize:  24.55 KB
 Viewed:  6682 Time(s)

m.jpg

v.jpg
 Description:
inst/unin from gjs trsm
 Filesize:  19.13 KB

v.jpg

c.jpg
 Description:
inst/unin from ardennes
 Filesize:  19.45 KB

c.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: