Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Firefrost

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:54 am Post subject: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

So I'm thinking about buying CCMT, but I've got a few questions before I do. I have seen a lot of stuff on here regarding poor realism in the weapons data. Has this been fixed since that posting? Also do many people here play CCMT online with any regularity?

Cheers

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:56 am Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Nobody plays online as far as I can tell, period. Not sure what you are looking for in this game but I will tell you what its not. Theres no Grand Campaign, or Operations. Its strictly a single engagement type game. Like a game of checkers. I wouldnt say chess because chess AI is actually hard! Weapon data is fickle. Support strikes will totally decimate everything, to the point where its unreasonable and takes out the fun. I highly doubt anyone can make an arguement that this is a game worth buying, except maybe Stwa.

Ok S3T the challenge is up to you to convince Firefrost to buy this game WITHOUT quoting the game features on the Matrix website.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Firefrost wrote (View Post):
So I'm thinking about buying CCMT, but I've got a few questions before I do. I have seen a lot of stuff on here regarding poor realism in the weapons data. Has this been fixed since that posting? Also do many people here play CCMT online with any regularity?

No and no and the AI is horrible. I used to work on a mod with some data fixes, but I can no longer run CCMT since I have moved to Linux.

Also, would you really want to give your money to a company that promises "Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling" and
"Accurately depicting modern tactical warfare and it’s challenge" to buyers but isn't willing to invest into including either in the game?
And still keeps lying about having included it in game despite being called out on it years ago?

There's a pretty good freeware wargame about 1987 combat - Armored Brigade, which is much more modern mechanicswise (it has a LoS tool, a height map, more advanced support, randomly generated maps, AI that can actually attack, modern weapon types, etc.) than any CC game.
I wrote an AAR about it.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

CCMT is a commercial release of Close Combat Marines, a military training tool.

It was released commercially due to appeals from fans to make it available.

There are two WWII era mods using CCMT as a base plus a few data mods and a series of pocket mods

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/ccmt.html

It's a fun game that unfortunately has not been further developed as yet, but hopes are hight that it will be upgraded to CCM6 capabilities.

It has some nice features such as Mount and dismount vehicle and 5 V 5 multiplayer as well as multiple support missions.

It also has the best scenario editor/Battlemaker in the series.

Specs;  http://www.matrixgames.com/products/350/details/Close.Combat.-.Modern.Tactics
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Firefrost

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the info, I was mainly thinking of getting it due to the multiplayer, but if no one plays online that would seem to be pointless. Pity the weapon realism hasn't been fixed as well. Perhaps I shall wait for CC6 instead Razz

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 am Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

It's cheap too!  $$$

I own it and love CloseCombat 2  A Bridge Too Far game in the series WHICH 'zon' a Fellow player MADE into a mod. for CloseCombat Modern Tactics!   Very Happy

But for SOME reason i can't find someONE(s) to play AGAINST me.  

The game sells for 29$ US.  i think.  Was on sale at CHRISTMAS for 19$  oy!

Sooooooo, the only real down side i've come up against is finding someone who has the guts to buy it and play me  :P

There has even been made FREE a Weapons FIX mod. to make weapons MORE realistic / humane.

Oh!  CC2 also may be Re-Released and soon......... so folks may as WELL wait to GET that b4 buying CCMT.   Though nothing been said officially if it is ready or even if it will be finished OR for that matter... started.

:(            Smile

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):
The game sells for 29$ US.  i think.  Was on sale at CHRISTMAS for 19$  oy!

That's 29$ given to people who don't mind conning their customers.

MF_Church

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

I must say ~ Each purchase i've ever made for everything i've ever bought ~ Has truly been jaded to some degree or another!

Ok...  some things were fun ENUF to warrant a thumb or 2 !   :D

But honestly, the things that could be cataloge in the Total 'CON' bin are very few and far Between.

' 1 ' maybe up to 5 things in my 54 +  years  ( soon to be 55  April 1st ! )   :D

Will someone please send Therion his 29$    Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Hey, it would be nice if they would restrain themselves from trying to con us just as we restrain ourselves from torrenting their games for free.

A lot of product descriptions use subjective stuff that appeals to emotion which may cause disappointment after buying them.
In this case, these two things are very specific and very important for this genre of games. It's more like buying an orange juice, where the composition says: 100% fresh orange juice, but in fact it's just water and artificial taste and colouring substance.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 am Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

If you enjoy modding then CCMT is the most moddable of all. For Human v human playing it is probably the best ever CC. It was probably released too early which led to complaints, that led to less sales, and therefore hard to find other human players.

As more mods come out it will be greater value for money, and a CCMT6 expansion would make it one of the best small unit warfare tactical simulators available. I just wish I had more time to finish what I want to do with it, which will contain a quasi grand campaign.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 am Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

hi!

CCMT I bought and am very pleased with your purchase.

If you are looking to make a mod this is your game, it's very easy to do any project only requires a little time to change the teams coming in excel file and only 7 pictures again to start editing.

It is a pity that this play has little fans

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

hi!

I think that CCMT is missing a great project to attract more players to this forgotten game in the series CC.

but returning to the above I say again that is a great game.

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

MF_Church

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: A few CCMT questions Reply with quote

Here !, Here !  

Oh! & another Here !    

P.S.  And a few hears too !  

Well said, Gents !

1 & All !  

Love these Forums !  They certainly ARE ~ busy !   :D

:)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: