Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1260
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:18 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Reported by kojusoki1 at Matrix.

Quote:
I am not sure if it is something wrong here, but once GERMAN BGs got disbanded at the first turn, they... appear AT THE SAME map next turn. I tryed both settings at campaign.txt. Not at supply depots or rear - just same maps. Kill the Ost BG and you will find it at the same map in the morning Smile

Quote:
I know what it is... Somebody "forgot" to change the engine while making the rerelease... I mean night turns. The idea itself - cool. But night turn is not day 1 but day 0. Scenario says that those BGs must appear on the specific map day 1.
So, when a BG is disbanded during night, it will appear next turn, as it is day 1 - simple? Yes, but annoying, Of course you can manually disband it, but first it is not what I expect, second it will appear at the rear even when we have Routed Bgs do not come back. And this BG was not routed - it was manually disbanded...  Put it on the bugs list i think

Does this bug only happen on the 1st day? Or will it happen each time you disband someone on a night move?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:04 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

im not sure if it is a bug or not, but for me it is:
SDKFZ 2222 in Pnz Div afair - they always have "wrong facing" message. You have MANUALLY set the proper direction to have them shot.

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Is that a mortar vehicle Kojusoki ?  If so I would consider it an awesome feature, or awesome bug. To bad it couldn't be applied to all mortar units as a way of dealing with instantaneous mortar responses.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Well in CC5 mortar trucks are directional. They arent in TLD? SDKFZ 2222 I dont think is a mortar truck.

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:45 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

No, its light armoured car. ALL OTHER vehicles (halftrucks etc) which are directional, when set to fire at the location, they move/turn by itself. This particular bastard is a lazy one and do nothing.
What is more interesteing I THINK it has a turret also! I think it can be an issue - i dont know the "game engine" but maybe it is said that the vehicle has a turret, and by a mistake, the turn rate of the turret is set to 0. And once, a vehicle has a turret, game engine says "you turn turret instead of turning the whole thing". So he is trying to turn, but with 0 turn rate...

I used them both in one scenario and they didnt turn.

They are in both 21 Panzer Divis

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

For the SDKFZ 222 it is the Hull Mount Type which needs to be change to 2 from 1. Sent S3T the bug and fix....

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

This information is not 100% checked, but it seems there is a problem with flamehrowers. I mooded game and "my" eng and assualt teams have flamers. In H2H games we have crashes pretty often, when morale drops or game ends. Or when flamer is used (its rare, more often in WaR).

Once we dont use those squads, so there are no flamers, game is stable. Now, it can be just a coincidence, but... i dont believe in coincidences...

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Weather shows clouds with sunlight, turn shows night.

tldweathertime.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.55 KB
 Viewed:  18894 Time(s)

tldweathertime.png

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Weather shows clouds with sunlight, turn shows night.

Clear, overcast, light overcast and storm are separate from the turn. Thus the same graphic represents the sky conditions regardless of day or night. Think of the light ball as a full moon....

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Played a 30min battle with Davidssfx. Most of the game went without incident, a few exchanges of bullets here and there. Not many casualties for Germans. I mortar'ed his ATG into submission. A larger fireght erupts around the last minute but almost no ground is gained due to it. The battle ends with German disband!! I still owned the top three VLs and only suffered 7 casualties out of a full complement of 15 units. Morale was also higher for me.

amfredisband.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.38 KB
 Viewed:  18864 Time(s)

amfredisband.jpg

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

The disbandment was kind of strange ... I went back and looked at the German BG before the battle and it had no cohesion. This is before its 4th battle ... the one mooxe is referring too.

So I went back to this German BG's after 3rd battle cohesion ... and it was still pretty good.

Maybe there was a cohesion loss because this is the last major depot in the area and Allies have almost entire north captured and no connection to supply from the south.

Amfreville cohesion after 3rd battle.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.14 KB
 Viewed:  18673 Time(s)

Amfreville cohesion after 3rd battle.JPG

Amfreville no cohesion before 4th battle.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  343.07 KB
 Viewed:  18673 Time(s)

Amfreville no cohesion before 4th battle.JPG

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

That brings up the 2nd point. I was resting all BGs regardless if they needed it or not. That BG in question went to no cohesion after being rested atleast two times.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Did the rested BG see any action during that period?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I can't remember the exact battle sequences, but I am positive this BG was rested.

I just ran a test with reference to BG having no cohesion.

A German BG with 0 cohesion defedning the Brettville map against the AI attacking. I put all my Germans in the top left corner of the map in order not to have a fight. The AI deployed bottom right. The AI advanced over the 30 minutes and captured a total of 3 VLs, I held the rest. The battle ended as complete victory for Allies. So I suspect that any BG with 0 cohesion will always lose a map regardless.

The two damaged tanks are probably from crossing hedges or something, not a single shot was fired in this battle.

cohesionbug.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.01 KB
 Viewed:  18643 Time(s)

cohesionbug.jpg

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by davidssfx on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

hmmm..

maybe something else coming into lay here.
I have had plenty of battles with BG's with zero cohesion and they play fine....  and win/hold maps.

I have never seen cohesion improve.. has any one seen Cohesion improve?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Did the rested BG see any action during that period?

edit

Last edited by davidssfx on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

mooxe

can you post that scenario here... could try and reproduce.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I am trying it again. This GC has morale on btw, I suspect that may have something to do with it?

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Morale failure means a loss of 3 additional VL's maximum.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: