Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1234
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:52 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Meyerode:
KG Pieper vs. CCB/7th AD
Better keep a close eye on LOS on this map,alot of times it seems to come from nowhere.
Lost 2 tanks and a Flamehalf-track due to the rugged terrain.
Lost 1 Panther from a very unexpected hit.
From there I used the troops just to clear a path in the woods and capture 1 VL.

After moving up the road we set up positions with 2 Panthers and proceded to knock out the enemy tanks as they appeared.
My goal was to try and capture more ground to the East than what I actually did to provide the Panthers with room to move for next turn.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.54 KB
 Viewed:  12209 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:50 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Vielsalm:
Total german Victory.Only lost 8 men.

Losheim:
Fuhrer Begleit Brigade vs. CCB/9AD,Meeting Engagement.
Took one on the chin here today,lost all my tanks and basically prayed for the timer to run out.

We need to cut this BG off from supply,I'm still not familier with WAR yet so I'm hoping if we can cut them off from supply with capturing the proper VL at Malmedy and not have to worry about moving a BG into Recht,even though we probably will.

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.94 KB
 Viewed:  12204 Time(s)

UO0020.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Elsenborne Ridge:
48/12VG vs. 38/2ID

I find the high ground here to just be a meat grinder so I stayed down by the bridge,placed both MG42 teams in the houses covering the bridge and both Motar teams on the hill I mentioned in previous AAR.
Then placed 2 teams close as possible to the bridge and just let em come.
The Mortar Barrage took out the Wolverine and an ATGun.
While I didnt gain much ground (I forgot to sneak a team down south to capture area on our side on the river)Then maybe we could have had deployment on that side next turn (DAMM)
But we did kill many a men here today.

UO0022.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.47 KB
 Viewed:  12205 Time(s)

UO0022.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Picts from Losheim:

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  638.1 KB
 Viewed:  12189 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  635.79 KB

UO0015.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  641.88 KB

UO0010.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Despite my earlier comments about Pvt_Grunts eating habits in relation to his character he did decide to put "Meat on the Table" tonight.
(Donald Burgett).

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.8 KB
 Viewed:  12196 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.85 KB

UO0005.jpg

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.55 KB

UO0004.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Last but not least.
I have no idea who did what with this BG last Battle but thought what the heck,lets have some fun and see who can kill the most.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.14 KB
 Viewed:  12462 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Here is the latest file.
Zipping the file seems to work better for some reason when I try to upload.

Day 3 Turn 1cont.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 3 Turn 1cont.zip
 Filesize:  121.6 KB
 Downloaded:  376 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:53 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Dear Fuhrer,

You assigned me the task of removing the Allies from the town of Malmedy. You only gave me 15 minutes to do so. I am sad to report I did not accomplish my mission. My troops ran as fast as they could to capture all objectives, if we had only five more minutes we could have done it. We did capture the exit VL, so we must push further West next strategic turn.

The Americans put up a brave fight. Charging headlong into my machine guns seemed to be a standard procedure for them, demonstrated on more than one occaision. Strangely the AI setup two anti tank behind some buildings in the open. A few of the Fuhrer's most highly explosive 81mm HE rounds make quick work of them. There was a pesky Stuart roaming the map keep my mens heads down. Two panzershrek teams expended all ammo on it, and only immobilized it. They will be executed at the first available moment.

As Platoon_Michael and Pvt_Grunt will not be executed for their dismal waste of German resources at South Eifel and Elsenborn Ridge, I beg you, Fuhrer, to spare my life as well. The next battle I will disband the Allies no matter what the odds.

mooxed3t1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.76 KB
 Viewed:  12448 Time(s)

mooxed3t1.jpg

CCSvsAI_D3T1.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCSvsAI_D3T1.gc
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Downloaded:  342 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

My own Panther command - Haben Sie vielen Dank Oberst Micheal!

Nadrin, KG Cochenhausen VS 422/106 ID. I've never played this map before, it's an open field and I have Panthers Cool  I lost the flame halfy to a 3" gun I think, and 2 Panthers tracked on fences. Worst of all I ran out fo thime and failed to grab the 2 VL's to the east, damn 15 min timer.

Nadrin Final1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.71 KB
 Viewed:  12441 Time(s)

Nadrin Final1.jpg

Nadrin Flame.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  596.28 KB
 Viewed:  12441 Time(s)

Nadrin Flame.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Heinersheid - CCR 9 AD vs KG von Falois.

The US armour BG is surrounded but still dangerous. Our VG have bypassed it so I will play it safe. I peek at their forcepool, they have 18 Sherman 76's, we have 2 Pz IV's........
My arty immobilised a Sherm 105 and killed the Hellcat! I lost 2 armoured cars and a Mark IV to tracked, but the Mk IV later killed a Cmd Sherm and a Platoon Leader. Difficult map to hold, no leaders lest, only troops, and recon vehicles are useless against Shermans.

Heineisheid - Imob.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.42 KB
 Viewed:  12437 Time(s)

Heineisheid - Imob.jpg

Heinersheid -Lucky.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.32 KB
 Viewed:  12437 Time(s)

Heinersheid -Lucky.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game

ccsvsai_d3t1_199.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ccsvsai_d3t1_199.gc
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  288 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Here's the latest file.
Strategic moves are up,figured I'd let someone else do it since I did the last 2/3

14thCav at South Eifel has no ammo and no fuel.Got to be an easy kill this time.

Heinersheid:Von Fallois is becomming depleted,suggest moving him to Malscheid to regroup for 1/2 turns (while moving him to Troisveirges,despite what that insane corporal thinks Smile 0
Then move the 78/26 VG in from the south,provides up with better cover from the houses,then after 2 turn bring back Von Fallois from Troisveirges and watch the deployment change in our favor.
Just make sure heinersheid always gets full support.

Other possible suggestions are moving Fuher Begleit Brigade from Losheim to Ramsheid and then move KG Kullman into Losheim.

WAR Pub_GC Day 3 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Pub_GC Day 3 Turn 2 strat moves.zip
 Filesize:  129.68 KB
 Downloaded:  339 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Strategic moves completed. All units that could move West or South moved! Fuhrer's orders comrades!

South Eifel - The Allies had a deploy zone about the size of a postage stamp. I put a ring of shreks around it. Another ring of MG42s. Then randomly places inf squads. An 81mm mortar was firing into the center. I also had heavy arty support. The battle went like this.... The time started and by 14min remaining I had almost a complete victory. Allied infantry did try a dash for the small house where my mg and shrek were, they didnt make it!

se1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  831.84 KB
 Viewed:  12346 Time(s)

se1.jpg

se2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  841.76 KB

se2.jpg

seresults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  256.66 KB

seresults.jpg

3rdlatest.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3rdlatest.gc
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  300 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG Kullmann at Meyerode

Went straight for the throat of the American Armored BG by stacking 3 platoons of panzers...the first Jagdpanthers...the second Panthers...and the backup PzIV 70s. Moved in tight groups and was able to pour out tremendous firepower and bring great destruction on the Americans.

Fuhrer Begleit Brigade at Losheim

Had some buildings for protection during deploy, so I filled them with a panzershreck platoon lead by a command team and protected them with an sMG. Positioned two companies of armor at the flanks of the American deploy and began the attack. The battle became a brawl between armor and infantry at close quarters as we pressed the attack...

The Americans defense finally broke and we were able to take all the VLs except for one.

Here's the link to the save file:

WaR Public GC Save

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Elsenborn Ridge:
We need support of some kind.
Barrages,tanks etc etc.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.46 KB
 Viewed:  12315 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

WaR_PuB_GC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_PuB_GC.zip
 Filesize:  126.39 KB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy

Paras fought their way through town eventually cornering the Americans in a field to the southwest.

At this point, it was like Custard's Last Stand for them.

KG Cochen at Nadrin

Used halftracks for reconnaissance. Once we discovered the locations of the American troops, our Panthers surged forward from their staging areas...and the slaughter began.

KG VonFallois at Heinerscheid

Recon fought valiantly against the American armor with halftracks, armored cars and a flame thrower.

We were painfully outclassed by Shermans in this engagement...it's time to disband this BG and call for backup.

Here's the link to the save:

WaR Public Campaign Save

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Wiltz: 77/26VG vs. 109/28ID
Destroyed the American tank with the Barrage and then procedded to mow down the soldiers as they came out wave after wave.
But I underestedmated them and our strength.
Still we have good ground to fight from and we need take this map Next turn to open supply to the 901 in Lutremange and the 15/5FJ down in Martelange.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.83 KB
 Viewed:  12297 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:49 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Martelange: 15/5FL vs. 110/28ID
Very dissapointing to see the Allies have 5 tanks in there FP and didnt select a one.
Oh well.
I could kick myself for not getting the last VL before the timer ran out.We might not get so lucky with the Americans next time holding their tanks back in reserve.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.32 KB
 Viewed:  12295 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.56 KB

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.53 KB

UO0002.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Beho and then Losheim.
The roads are open to move west comrades!

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.19 KB
 Viewed:  12291 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  657.3 KB

UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.45 KB

UO0006.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Elsenborne Ridge:
What luck we had today.
1st Allied tank moved North only to come across a well hidden VG Strum.
The 2nd tank(Wolverine) was killed with the Mortar Barrage.
We then captured the Bridge VL and secured the exit vl to Butgenbach.
The Allies made a very aggressive push and got the Bridge VL back but paid handsomely for it.

We have 2 BG's we can move in/out of here next time if we wish.

Forgot to mentioned I also did the strategic moves and pushed everyone forward.
Bypassed the CCR/9th AD in Heinerscheid,they have no ammo and no fuel so what are they gonna do?
I have never left a BG in my rear like this before so I have no idea what to expect,but with the default Campaign settings having BG's return the next day.I felt it was better to leave them here where they can do no harm (I assume)

We need to get that cluster fuck of a log jam in the North straightned out.

Here is the latest file with Malmedy being the next battle..........GL

WAR Public GC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC.zip
 Filesize:  144.49 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: