Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1265
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Had some stiff resistance on some of these maps, or you could say I was rushing!

La Gleize - Horrid start pos for Germans, wide open field with no cover. Mortars target all light tanks and 57mm ATGs. Three shreks in the fence line pummel tanks as well. They are all taken out, along with my three shrek teams by the tanks and heavy arty barrages. Allied have four or five 60mm mortars as well. Advance is slow and painful, eventually though my grenadier mgs turn the tide.

Baraque Fraiture - Allied attack from North West corner. I had him pinned from the start. Four teams on the South side and three teams on the North side sneaking through the forrest to finish him off. My two shreks, two mg42s and mg infantry provide cover fire from the houses. Allied infantry were being mowed down easily. My advance through the forrest is stymied by troops inexperience. I bring my stug up and he attracts zook shots right away. I put fire down on zook team and rushed two inf teams to attack but he still managed to squeeze off three shots even when my men were less than 10m away. Stug for immo'd. I lost almost all seven teams complete that fought thru the forrest.

Nadrin - Meeting engagement. I had lots of light vehicles to take. I took three mortar cars to lay down the barrage, and it was effective. Allies spotted my three cars and dropped heavy arty on them, bought their stuart down as well. End result all mortar cars for this BG KIA. Stuart also made easy work of both my 2cm cars. The battle turned into one of attrition fighting for the middle houses. Once again MGs overpower as soon as they get set up. Allies are left with one VL. No details screenshot, losses were heavy tho.

Hotton - After the three previous fiascos I was ready to commit suicide rather than face the Fuhrer. This was a cat-and-mouse game. I used my infantry to distract the tanks. End result...

latest file.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  latest file.gc
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Downloaded:  261 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:09 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG Von Bohm at Saint-Hubert

Stacked 3 mobile groups of Panthers and Halftracks for a rolling assault on the American engineers. Just as our center convoy entered town, it was devastated by a heavy artillery barrage...we responded with a barrage of our own.

The remaining American engineers were encircled and destroyed.

KG 901 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

Used infantry to cover our VL locations in the woods and staged a quick reaction force of armored vehicles on the roads behind them. We secured the woods and the bridge, thanks to our QRF and quickly drove across the bridge to victory.

The Grille was still amazing...

15/5 Fallschirmjager at Martelange

Lost the StuG early to an American barrage. Paras out gunned the Americans in the long run with small-arms fire. Once our enemy was weak enough, we executed an assault covered by flanking fire from top and bottom.

We smoked many American cigarettes that day...

Movement is next

WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_Public_GC.gc
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Downloaded:  252 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Campaign blocked
Movement turn, thanks DD  Razz
Peiper to Houffalize, he can attack North or towards Bastogne next turn. He may be needed to block Patton
I want to move Kullman to get him in the fight, but the Americans may respawn, so all BG's on supply depots stay put this turn. Better to defend the map
78 / 28 VG to Assenios
KG Knittle to Noville to shore up Bastogne area
FB Brigade to La Glieze, sorry Mooxe, your hard work was awesome but those 4 tanks are needed.
No Support available

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Champs - KG 902 VS CCB A slug fest! I had 2 tanks tracked and 3 immobile from damage. The enemy had 1 Cmd tank left JUST out of LOS of my Panther. If I got it it would have been total for sure.

Champs1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.61 KB
 Viewed:  9255 Time(s)

Champs1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:43 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Trois - Ponts - 14 /5 FJ VS 16 / 1 ID. Damn I wish I'd moved a few of Kullman's tanks here. Future CC wish list, the ability to split BG's and reform them!

My 88's had virtually NO LOS to the town. It was suicide to try to cross the bridges, an M10 was parked on the other side. I concentrated on the forest and the M36. I guess I got my wish for a tank as we captured it! Shocked  It's a little beat up but maybe the pioneers can fix it..... I got the Stavelot VL and crossed the east bridge with a heavy firebattle with 2 BAR teams. Hopefully we can get some LOS for the 88's

Trois Ponts4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.77 KB

Trois Ponts4.jpg

Trois Ponts3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  439 KB

Trois Ponts3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

La Gleize - FB Brigade VS 14 Cav

We have to start in the east of the map again... Embarassed  But, tanks are good. They lost 2 Greyhounds 2 Stuarts and a 3" gun in the first 30 seconds! Man I remember being on the recieving end of these German BG's in CC4 Vet BoB on some of these maps, it was brutal  Evil or Very Mad

La Gleize1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.52 KB
 Viewed:  9244 Time(s)

La Gleize1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Baraque - 295 / 18 VG vs 501 / 101 AB

I killed the Wolverine with a mortar, their barrage immobilised the famous Stug and the Mg 42's did theur job. This US BG has a lot of troops and will need to be worn down over a few turns.

I have to comment, I'm enjoying the CC4 re-release more this time than when it was released. The AI is better than the original (not very hard to beat) but not as "in your face" as Vet BoB. The loss of orders when under fire (Girly Troops) is still annoying but I can see it's purpose. I've seen the enemy retreat under fire , when before they kept crawling to certain death. The tanks are the right size, Vet BoB tanks were too big (but didnt they look great?). I still find the Strat Map difficult as we already discussed, but overall I'm having fun in the Ardennnes again. Playing as a group adds to it - Cheers mein comrades.

History channel has "Clash of the Warriors" on Tuesday. A doco about Bradley vs Model but I dont get that channel  Crying or Very sad . Anyone seen it? Worht looking for?

Baraque1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.54 KB
 Viewed:  9241 Time(s)

Baraque1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game

war_public_gc_latest.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_gc_latest.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  244 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Nadrin - I taught them a lesson this time. The lesson was, I dont need mortars to kill you! Check out those details beeeyatches!!! That vehicle I lost..... it was from a mortar go figure! My advance was fast and painful, led by armoured cars.

nadrin1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.17 KB
 Viewed:  9233 Time(s)

nadrin1.jpg

after_mooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  after_mooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  249 Time(s)

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Before I started this GC I was playing Firefox's AOVetBoB.
I put all the original WAR graphics back though.

The uniforms and the Vehicles are just way better to me than the stock WAR stuff.
As for Vehicle size,I like it because they look great they look better to scale with the Sprites,and I wear glasses now so the bigger size just looks better to me.
Only bad thing is they dont look to scale with the buildings.

I'm pretty sure I can scale down the current strat map and posibly,maybe correct the graphic aspect of it so it doesnt look like it has a road to one map when it doesnt have that connection.I wasnt going to change any connections unless people feel theres a need for it on some maps.I was also pondering of makng it look more like the CCIV map where it depicts more of a bulge and not the current sack look.I dont know yet.
Schrecken said awhile back they werent going to change anything on the strat map for the next patch but im still hoping they do.
I know I wouldnt attempt anything untill the next patch came out and get some other things I want done like new BGUnit Icons which is next on my list after changing some of TT's Vehicle graphics and redoing the FP's/Sounds.
Just seems to me the Allies are too stong and have to much experiance in FF's Mod in the early stages.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Champlon:
The shreck team in the 3 story house to the right destroyed the Sherman at the crossroads from a distance of 140m
The other thank was soon gone from the team in the other 3 story house.
I hope the Führer is pleased by todays results. Smile

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.23 KB
 Viewed:  9132 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  672.04 KB
 Viewed:  9132 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Champs:
Check out the LOS our Panther had here,(This could be a good one to remember)
When looking at the small inset map it's the tank farthest to the right by the dirt road and closest to the VL.
The Americans tried to just stand pat today and not make any push.
So we krept in and killed anything and everything on sight.
1 tank was immobilized early another later on and 1 threw a track.

As for strat moves I moved 1 unit forward and repositioned the rest around just to shore things up.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  698.19 KB
 Viewed:  9128 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.75 KB
 Viewed:  9128 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Elsenborn Ridge:
Just went in and kicked their arse,ofcourse it's a little bit easier when they have the small deployment zone.

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.2 KB
 Viewed:  9129 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Malmedy:
Had a hunch they AI would stack it's tanks to the right on their deployment,and was correct.
Less than 3 minutes into the Battle and the AI was crying for a Truce.

Not today,or just yet I should say.
We proceeded to clear the woods and go for a Total Victory.
But an ATGun and a few squads left had other ideas,loosing the 1st Panther came as a surprise as I didnt think they had anything left,after the 2nd one went up in flames and our men couldnt advance through the woods I took the Truce.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  617.03 KB
 Viewed:  9126 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.21 KB
 Viewed:  9126 Time(s)

UO0010.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

The current situation map and the latest file.

UO0011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.42 KB
 Viewed:  9121 Time(s)

UO0011.jpg

For the Führer.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  For the Führer.zip
 Filesize:  180.15 KB
 Downloaded:  208 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Trois Ponts - Just a clean up of the deploy zone here. I cleared the left side all the up to the top. Right side I left an mg42, command team and infantry section to guard the VL. AI put main effort against those three teams. Mortar held them off. The AI tanks did not move an inch through the terrain.

La Gleize - Did not want to disband the AI here. Its a major depot so if we disband a new unit spawns, taking up a new attack deploy zone. Instead we need to corner these BGs and work them over until they have nothing. I truced this game at 11:26 haha...

tp1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.36 KB
 Viewed:  9116 Time(s)

tp1.jpg

lg1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  462.99 KB
 Viewed:  9116 Time(s)

lg1.png

after_trois_ponts_mooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  after_trois_ponts_mooxe.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  200 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Manhay - CCR 9th Vs Kullman - a tank fest

This one's from the 12 SS playbook, it's called "The Ring of Steel" or in Deutch "Das Anus von Stuhl"  Twisted Evil

Manhay1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.91 KB
 Viewed:  9109 Time(s)

Manhay1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:31 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

I lost Jag Rhino  Embarassed  but I got 6 US tanks in 45 seconds then accepted the truce

Manhay2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.87 KB
 Viewed:  9106 Time(s)

Manhay2.jpg

Manhay2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.87 KB
 Viewed:  9106 Time(s)

Manhay2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Hotten - Cochen VS 109 / 28 ID

I mowed down a lot of infantry with the Command Panzer Underlord. It nearly got bogged with the weight of all those Iron Crosses!

Underlord.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.61 KB
 Viewed:  9103 Time(s)

Underlord.jpg

Hotton1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.84 KB
 Viewed:  9103 Time(s)

Hotton1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game - Happy Easter comrades

Day 7 Turn 1 after Hotton.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 7 Turn 1 after Hotton.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  189 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: