Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1264
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Champlon - A good fight here. I take a lot of shreks in case too many tanks come down on me. Lots of mg teams as well. Battle starts with three Allied tanks popping into view. After many shrek shots they are taken out. Remainder of battle is trying to get a disband. My command and mg teams assault West down the road and fields. They are caught up by a 30cal MG and another infantry team that stayed out of sight most of the game. There is not enough time to take them out. I had to put my men on ambush and wait out for the timer to kick in.

St Hubert - Allied infantry attack against my mech infantry and panthers. I surrounded thier deploy with all my heavy stuff. As the battle starts, the Allies start dropping like flies. I inch closer in every minute taking care not to disband or take the final VL. I truce out when theres only a couple yanks left.

sth1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  443.81 KB
 Viewed:  9123 Time(s)

sth1.png

champ1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.04 KB
 Viewed:  9123 Time(s)

champ1.png

day_7_turn_1_after_hotton_995.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  day_7_turn_1_after_hotton_995.gc
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Downloaded:  221 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Kollenberg is a coward most of the time! He just fought in the battle I had at Champlon.

4cowardice.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.91 KB
 Viewed:  9120 Time(s)

4cowardice.png

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG 901 at Vaux Les Rosieres

Mostly a tank battle with infantry action in the woods east of the river. The Americans were going blow for blow with us and our losses began to mount...

We lost our Grille and StuG in a costly exchange. At this point, our forces may have to draw the American armor into the woods for a close quarters battle until relieved.

WaR_Pub_GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_Pub_GC.gc
 Downloaded:  243 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

CAMPAIGN BLOCKED
Martelange - 15 / 5 FJ VS CCA 4th AD
Patton has arrived, bring out the Shreks. I put away the infantry gun and go for 4 Panzerschreks.
There's nowhere to hide west of the river, so I have to give them the bridge. I take up positions in the houses to the east and wait.
First to cross is a Jumbo, I shoot a full book at it, 3 hits, no damage!  Confused  It takes the north road, find 2 more AT teams and burns!. This seems to halt the offensive.

Martelange1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  344.08 KB
 Viewed:  9073 Time(s)

Martelange1.jpg

Martelange2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.32 KB
 Viewed:  9073 Time(s)

Martelange2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Movement Turn

KG Bremer to Marche
77 / 26 VG to Chenogne
Where the hell is Peiper, in the dead end of Nadrin! He moves to La Roche so he can relieve 190 / 62 VG in Champlon. He's hardly fired a shot this war.
There is now no green on the map  Twisted Evil

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

I found Peipers major obsatcle was the lack of fuel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Champs - KG 902 Lehr VS CCB 9th
I notice they have no Jumbo's or Hellcats left and they have a Stuart as a Command Tank. We have a rienforce button, and I use it and gain 8 more armour vehicles!
Lost the Grille to a mortar, I have NO luck with these SP guns. Lost a Panther when he got ahead of the Grenadiers. I decided this mouse has been hit around enough and go for the Total. The JagdPanther took the final VL, nearly changed his mind at the last minute and ended up reversing over the VL - lol

Champs2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.78 KB
 Viewed:  9016 Time(s)

Champs2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Malmedy - Telkamp VS CCB 7th AD

Looks like they're down to Greyhounds and Stuarts as well.
I pushed the attack into the forest, lost 2 Panthers to the 76's, but destroyed all the US medium tanks. It's too messy to fight this map anymore. Nice to finish off with a Flaamenwerfer shot.

Malmedy2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.12 KB
 Viewed:  9011 Time(s)

Malmedy2.jpg

Malmedy3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.42 KB
 Viewed:  9011 Time(s)

Malmedy3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game

Day 7 Turn 2 after Malmedy.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 7 Turn 2 after Malmedy.gc
 Downloaded:  237 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Well gentlemen... We have pushed the AI to the South and West edges of the map. I'm not sure how many turns we are into this GC but nowhere near half way done. The only chance the AI has to advance is to whittle our bgs down to nothing and force thier way through. Shall we continue or call it here?

Question - Will the AI use the reinforcement option?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

This looks to be a 25 day GC?
Clicking through the dates I see it goes up to 25 and we are only on day 7.
Way to early to claim Victory if you ask me, especially when you look at their FP compared to ours.
I've seen through out the game that quite a few of their BG's had several columns with 33 teams left.
And ours had something like 12 (or less)

I have no idea if the A.I. will use the re-inforce button (Maybe shrecken can answer that)
If not do we do it for them?
Looks like Von Fallois hasnt recovered from the ass whopping he took early in the game.

I know I haven’t  been playing but I should be able to pick it back up in a few days.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

I know its early... but fighting the same maps over and over again (ie; the depots) until we are too weak to hold them is very borring. There has also been reports that the AI will not advance on the strat map.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

The AI will advance on the strat map.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I know its early... but fighting the same maps over and over again (ie; the depots) until we are too weak to hold them is very borring. There has also been reports that the AI will not advance on the strat map.

What else have you go to do thats more exciting than playing CC?

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

You guys are all experienced CC players.

maybe you should have chosen to play one of the more difficult campaigns, reduced german supply, made available for WaR in stead of one that tries to cover all skill levels.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You guys are all experienced CC players.

maybe you should have chosen to play one of the more difficult campaigns, reduced german supply, made available for WaR in stead of one that tries to cover all skill levels.

The Führer choose this battleplan,not us.  :lol:

Do you guys want to start over and make it harder?
I don't mind either way.
Be nice to mess around with some of the settings for a 16/25 day GC.

I.E.
3 maybe 4 turns per day
Low fuel ?
Low ammo ?
BG's dont return when disbanded ?

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Maybe we should switch sides?haha...

I think playing a GC thats harder in terms of less supply or whatever would just slow the inevitable advance and not really add too much to difficulty. The classic way to make the AI "better" is to cripple the human player.... never liked that way.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Personally I think that playing with reduced supply more accurately reflects the German position in Dec. 1944

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

The problem with any Bulge game, not just CC4 / WaR but any game that tries to re-enact history is that the first week is easy an German advance the second week stalemate then it's Americans all the way to Berlin. As for CC I enjoyin attacking the AI, but defending vs AI is often a non event (Yawnfest)  Switching to the Americans would be good for the next week but after that it will just get easier as the fresh BG's join in.

I had a good battle in VS the AI, it did advance in spurts. I'll continue to defend until GeneralOberst Mooxe passes new orders from the Fuhrer. This will give me a chance to assess any AI improvements.

I wish we could program an all-out assault, human wave style to defend against, that would make for quicker battles.

Quote:
The Führer choose this battleplan,not us.  Laughing

Yeah, I just drive the tank!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

It just doesn’t seem right to call it quits with 18 days left in the GC but that’s up to you guys.
I believe we will run out of forces and quit in defeat.
I'll keep playing it and if you want to change things I’ll play again.
But finish this one first.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: