Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1234
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Spinlock

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm Post subject: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

The shameful history of the CC vehicle path finding should be thing of the past.
In just 2 days worth of work, CCSS gets a rock-solid vehicle pathing system that doesn't make you want to smash your keyboard.

Link to post and video

any feedback is appreciated

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Based on earlier posts this is/was just a screen saver and thus hasn't generated much feedback/interest.

But if you keep working on it and it becomes something playable I'm sure that would catch people's attention...

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Spinlock wrote (View Post):
The shameful history of the CC vehicle path finding should be thing of the past.
In just 2 days worth of work, CCSS gets a rock-solid vehicle pathing system that doesn't make you want to smash your keyboard.

Link to post and video

any feedback is appreciated

That's great ... can you make it work for TLD?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

I downloaded the standalone version some time ago but it nearly crashed my pc and given that it was advertised as a screensaver I didnot use since. But after reading your posts on your CCSS blog I realize that this has a lot of potential. I hope you can develop this further into an actual game. And then sell it to S3T Wink

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

AWESOME work!

Stocktov

Rep: 8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Fantastic!  You just might save what little sanity I have left in this situation.  Thanks for the effort!!

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Awesome work! I definitely would like to see this work converted into a game! Even so far, you have excellent features: Dynamic lighting during night (which i find awesome according to what i see from your screenshot , but may need slight refinement), the trees dissapearing when the cursor is above them, and finally a working vehicle pathing!!

All these are great improvements. I wonder if you can integrate the combat engine, the psychological engine (soldier stances i mean) of the close combat in this work of yours? Then that would be great!

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

I hope you see this through.  I think the challange is immense.  I would not pay too much attention to the apparant lack of interest, nor should you be too surprised by it.  Until there is a working game to take for a spin, then it is unlikely to stir much interest to the CC player, but you have one big advantage, and that is you are working from the ground up.  To overhaul the CC Core would be a huge task.  However, the biggest challange you face I believe is in the game play, not the graphics or vehicle pathing, or cool lighting effects, etc., desirable though these are, and welcome!

The only way you will win over the CC player I believe, is by taking the AI up another level, and delivering an experience that is credible, and it is that credibility that will decide whether it will surpass CC as a sim.  If you can do that, AND provide all the bells and whistles that the Community has been banging on about for over a decade now, then you will have produced something very remarkable.  I hope you do.  I cannot see the CC Core being taken where it should go, but you will forgive my scepticism.  Please prove me wrong!  If you do, I will buy your game no question.

VGrossman

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Everything looks good and you are progressing steady with nice features m8 i am with ya cant w8 to see whats next.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Started putting money away for this already..... waiting on first reviews   Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Any updates?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Andreus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Yeah please, tell us it's going well!!

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Spinlock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Yes, Things a progressing nicely. I've been buried under work for a while so the rate of new features has slowed a bit.
I hope to have an update soon.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Another 4 months

How's it looking?

Spinlock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Another 4 months
How's it looking?

Hi, Things Have progressed slowly in the last few months, but definitely progressing. Day job stuff ramped up lately so I'm not not able to put in as many hours per week as before.
The vehicle pathfinder has been rewritten but works just as well as before, but less wobbly when driving.
I've written a Map making tool to make map creation nearly automatic. My goal is the same level of quality as the excellent map packs from the mod community. Its already pretty close.
I've made improvements to the tactical AI. Squads work together in a better way and better react to changes in the battle.
I've created a method for doing real time lighting and shadow (not just circles of lameness).
I'm in the process of re-making the event system. There won't be any real visual difference, but it will allow some of the future features like match recording and playback.
There are a few other exciting things in the works that I want to keep under my hat for right now.

So, in short, Things are progressing but a little slower for the last few months. The lack of updates is mostly related to the fact all the things on my short list are more like major surgery and there isn't much to show till they're done.

Andreus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Almost too perfect... Where's the trick?

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:22 am Post subject: Re: CCSS gets all Pathy Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try an alpha/beta version....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: