Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1271
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Yea, I replayed the battle...but then thought it may make some people unhappy...so I removed the post.

My memory is about as good as yours at 40 with 4 kids...I know how you feel Shocked

Thanks for the post...

and Hitler better not be mad...we're currently kicking some a$$ for him.

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG Krag at Elsenborn Ridge

StuGs combine their firepower to overwhelm the light American Stewarts. In no time at all the whole northwest part of the Ridge was on fire...

Rather than take the entire Ridge, we left a small gap for the Americans to fight from...which should cost them dearly.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

Panthers versus Stewarts. When the smoke cleared, we moved panzergrenadiers up through the woods and encircled the Americans...

Should be a turkey shoot when the battle resumes.

Fuhrer Begleit Brigade at Trois Ponts

Sent the Fallschirmjagers south and moved in a Panther-supported fire brigade to disband the Americans. I figured that this would cost our enemy dearly, seeing that they were out of supply. The battle began with the Americans on the west bank and our forces on the east. We fought our way through the bridges...

Machine-gunned our enemy prisoners...

and destroyed all resistance.

KG Bayer at La Gleize

Rather than fight the armored cav with Fallschirmjager, KG Bayer was called in to up the ante.

pvt_Grunt smashed down the Stewart Line...

RD_DeathDealer cleared the streets and went for the flank...

And...the 14th Cav goes back to the drawing board.

pvt_Grunt and RD_DeathDealer- still in this fight

WaR.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR.gc
 Filesize:  1.63 MB
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Baraque Fraiture - It was bloody, desperate... and glorious. The Allies launch a last ditch banzai charge through the woods and open fields into the jaws of two MG42s and a lone Stug. Thier artillery barrage puts three infantry teams into the history books. My 81mm mortar team knocks out two 57mm ATGs. Its back and forth for awhile until finally my shrek teams are the apex of my advance. The Stug following ever so cautiously wiping out each unit the infantry stumbles upon. In the end, Mr. Stug racks up another 28 kills and the Allies are forced to retreat.

bf1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  416.99 KB
 Viewed:  8723 Time(s)

bf1.png

stughero.png
 Description:
The Leaders morale is getting very low. Probably because he is not getting credit for any kills. Next game, lets try smooshing some yanks under the Stugs tracks and see if he gets credit.
 Filesize:  215.81 KB
 Viewed:  8723 Time(s)

stughero.png

frommooxe.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  frommooxe.gc
 Downloaded:  237 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:31 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Haas definitely needs some smooshing!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Maybe Hass just cant cut it anymore.
Turn the Tank over to Alteweir,he defiantly has the better Leadership Skills.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Manhay - FG Kullman VS CCR 9th AD

I see Kullman has balanced his forces more towards infantry. As per the little Adolf's orders the enemy is trapped on a non- connection VL. Time for attrition.

A bunch of Stuarts are dangerous, they fire so quickly. One TD gets it's gun KO'd but the rest of the battle belongs to the SS. An armoured infantry team assaults Jag Rhino but their grenades have no effect. I accept the truce at 10 minutes but fail to see they captured a road VL - OH NO if I was real SS in 1944 I'd be sent to the Russian Front by now, like Sgt Shultz - LOL

Manhay3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.01 KB
 Viewed:  9001 Time(s)

Manhay3.jpg

Manhay4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.29 KB
 Viewed:  9001 Time(s)

Manhay4.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Hotten - KG Cochen VS 109 / 28 ID

They still have 35 BAR teams!!!   I trade the Shrek for a halfy gun, which doesnt see out the battle I think it was 30 cal or BAR fire.
Otherwise this map is too much of a turkey shoot now to be fun, I was hoping to see more counterattack but the US BG's are too weak.

Hotton2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.33 KB
 Viewed:  8998 Time(s)

Hotton2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Marche - KG Peiper vs 112 / 28th ID
Good to see Joachim get some action finally. No Malmedy massacre in this game for him. Unfortunately on this level Tiger II = zero in forcepool  Crying or Very sad

I captured the North West VL and bottled the enemy up in the centre. Love the STG 44 sound in this game!

Marche1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.94 KB
 Viewed:  8999 Time(s)

Marche1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game file

Day 8 Turn 1 after Marche.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 8 Turn 1 after Marche.gc
 Downloaded:  209 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Forgot the screen shot after Champlon,
Our schrecks took down 2 Allied tanks and held the Americans more or less at bay,they did manage to gain a slight bit of ground but nothing usefull.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

The real fun today was at Saint-Hubert.
Where Panzer Leader Gutersloh becomes impatient and frustrated at not being able to fire on the Allied soldiers fighting back.
So he runs them over.
Happy with his accomplishment he now proceeds west to do the same to another Allied Team.
All told he ends up with 9 kills for himself.

Here is our current status.And the current file.

UO0028.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.08 KB
 Viewed:  8946 Time(s)

UO0028.jpg

UO0027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  160.38 KB
 Viewed:  8946 Time(s)

UO0027.jpg

Day 8 Turn 2 cont.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Day 8 Turn 2 cont.zip
 Filesize:  183.8 KB
 Downloaded:  211 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

NICE!!!

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG 901 at Vaux-Les-Rosieres

901 has lost nearly all of it's AT capabilities. This forced me to prepare ambushes for the American armor at close ranges. The engagement began with an American infantry attack through the woods, with the bulk force of the Shermans moving for the bridge. Our flammen soldiers put a stop to the infantry assault, and our shreck team knocked out a couple Shermans...

But shortly afterwards, the shreck ran out of armored peircing and our soldiers began to fall as tank fire raked their positions.

15/5 Fallschrimjager at Martelange

Ambushed Shermans with shrecks and close-assault...

Once their armor was gone, our paras were able to fight their way through the bridge and into the buildings near their VL.

KG Krag at Elsenborn Ridge

We ambushed the Americans trapped in the Elsenborne Pocket, but they put up a defense like a badger in a corner. Lost pz201 Braeder to a single 37mm shell that penetrated the tank and killed the crew without flaming anything...

Tough fight, the AI went blow for blow.

KG Telcamp at Malmedy

The Americans are surrounded at Malmedy...

Another massacre as the pockets are reduced.

WaR-Public.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR-Public.gc
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Downloaded:  172 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Manhay again - sigh....  I dont know how to keep the troops interest up with all these rumours of a transfer to Kreta. They are getting sick of the snow and are dreaming of dark haired island women.....
I dont think this armour BG has any tanks left so I put it out of its misery

Manhay5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.74 KB
 Viewed:  8923 Time(s)

Manhay5.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Hotton again - sigh  I'm playing the same maps each night, no ones fault, just in sync with the rotation.
I see they are down to 27 BAR teams. The AI has 4 engineer teams, but does not choose them. Instaed it goes for 4 rifle teams? They are both 17 points.
Also it chooses 3 - 30 cal MG teams (23 pts)but no 50 cal (20 pts) - does it  just go for the highest value?
Also - has anyone seen the AI reinforce? I would reinforce when the armour or AT guns were depleted, thats my trigger. This BG has been out of tanks for days but no reinforce.
Check out there deployment - can any one say "Barrage"?

Hotton3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.98 KB
 Viewed:  8918 Time(s)

Hotton3.jpg

Hotton4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.92 KB
 Viewed:  8918 Time(s)

Hotton4.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Save Game

war_public_213.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  war_public_213.gc
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Downloaded:  144 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG Peiper at Marche

Used panzergrenadiers to spot the Americans and the Panthers to rip them apart.

Peiper and his men can now rest until the Americans show up in all their AI brilliance.

WaR_public.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_public.gc
 Downloaded:  151 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG Von Bohn at Champlon

Brought in heavy tanks and light halftracks to deal with the American's progress at Champlon. The halftracks moved forward in a recon role and relayed the positions of the American tanks back to HQ. Panthers moved in and destroyed them...

The final stroke came when our infantry crossed the bridge, secured the town, and assaulted North Hill...

To win the map.

WaR Public Campaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR Public Campaign.gc
 Downloaded:  145 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

77/26 VG at Vaux Les Rosieres

Volksgrenadiers moved in to replace the exhausted KG 901.
Volkstruppen secured the easternmost portion of the woods, but are in definite need of training with their shrecks and fausts...

Nevertheless, KG 902 is on it's way here with armor and some heavy weapons.

WaR Public GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR Public GC.gc
 Downloaded:  156 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Martelange:

We set up shop on the east side of the bridge expecting a heavy Armor assault.
To our surprise nothing came of it.Seems the Americans were happy to just sit back and eat chocolate bars and smoke Lucky Strikes.

What little action seen was around "The Bridge" VL with a Platoon_Squad meeting it's maker early in the game.
Our Zugtrupp with Ditner,Sterf,Deutscher,Krondorf and Verl spotted an American M8A1 and proceeded to fire upon it despite the means to destroy it.
Only 1 escaped with their life.

Hearing upon their friends deaths the Panzerschreck team of Ehrig & Gross set out for revenge.
Upon seeing the M8A1 and a few Allied soldiers Ehrig became scared and nervous and forgot all his BASIC training and his first five shots were off considerably.
Three shots hit the Bridge,and One killed a fish,            
So nervous was he that his next shot landed right in front of him and Gross.
Only on his last shot with their lives at stake with fire pouring down from the M8A1did he take careful aim and destroy his foe.

From there on it was just waiting to see who would attack next,and neither side did.

Martelange.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.64 KB
 Viewed:  8884 Time(s)

Martelange.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.54 KB
 Viewed:  8884 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: