Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am Post subject: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

Okay, I installed CC5 over six months ago, and haven't been playing it for over six months, due to burn out. I used StasiusX's CC5 patch installer to patch the game to v5.01a. I used a modified CC5.exe with the No-CD edit which I have used many many times before. I modified the exe myself, for some reason it just won't work this time around. The game asks for the CD so I told it to look in the games directory but I have to cancel and exit. I'm stumped. No mods are installed at the moment.

I also tried modifying the unmodified exe, I have it backed up along with the entire CC5 directory (patched), in another location. I changed offsets '2F503' and '2F504' to '90' for both.

Offset '2F503' hex '90'
Offset '2F504' hex '90'

Last edited by Digs on Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Digs

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

CC5 is running now, apparently WAR and CC5 were conflicting with each other for reasons unknown. I have my own soundmod installed for WAR, WAR runs fine with it, but with standard WAR I get this error -- "Invalid item in row 0 in file C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\Data\Base\elements.txt".

It's not using a modified 'elements.txt' file so I don't know what the hell is the matter. In 'Add and Remove Programs' both CC5 and WAR are using the same Icon.  Confused

Digs

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

Oh, and Close Combat III Trial Version also uses the WAR icon in 'Add and Remove Programs'.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

how have you enabled the WaR submod?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Digs

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:36 am Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand Schrecken, the soundmod has it's own installer. I can run it independtly of standard WaR. For some reason standard WaR spits out the error I mentioned above.

Digs' WaR Soundmod v1.0's executable was made using Mod Installer.

Digs' WaR Soundmod v1.0.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.1 KB
 Viewed:  6917 Time(s)

Digs' WaR Soundmod v1.0.jpg

Digs

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 am Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

It seem that my DVD (D:\) drive isn't being recognized. I think it may have to do with a Windows Update, but I'm not sure. That's why I'm getting the No-CD error. I'm gonna need to check inside my computer to see if a cable came loose.  Sad

Digs

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

Well I disconnected everything and opened up the box, nothing was poped out or anything. I took the time to suck out the dust building up on the heatsinks with the vacuum, with some help from a paper clip. I closed the box up and reconnected everything, then booted up. My DVD-RW drive was being recognized again (for the time being anyway), CCV and WaR (with my soundmod) both load. I'm still getting the error message with standard WaR though.

What would cause the drive to stop being recognized?.

WaR Error.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.67 KB
 Viewed:  6900 Time(s)

WaR Error.jpg

SgtSchultz

Rep: 24.4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

Bad DVD drive?   Very Happy

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

I have no idea why I get that error, I've played WaR with my soundmod installed, and have played online without problems. Any help is appreciated.

As for the DVD-RW drive not working, I haven't had any problems yet. The cable must have been out slightly (sensitive), I pushed it in regardless. It didn't look as though it had gotten loose.

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 am Post subject: Re: Game demanding the CD Reply with quote

Found the source of the WaR error, I didn't want to think it was the problem, but it was. I was using a modified Sound.sfx file by RD_DeathDealer for standard WaR. I replaced the Sound.sfx file with the original, and the game loaded up after. The strange thing is, it worked in the past and I hadn't changed any other files.   Confused

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=286

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: