Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive waves  Cool  Gratefully received!  Yes, I have CCMT in my sights after completing CC3/CoI.  CCMT (and derivatives) is my ideal target for an Operational Game Integration (especially as it has none) and because of the extra goodies.  It has started me thinking about the prospects of MultiPlayer Campaigns (MMCCIII Style or other) which can integrate with MultiPlayer Battles (CCMT).  

However, just because I can manage to scrape together a Saved Game File Handler does not mean I can write a working (Operational) 'Game', so such an initiative will definitely need extra help, though I would do what I can.  This dream has been almost 10 years in the festering as it is....

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

*Sends more positive waves to VonB and a programmers who might team up with him ~~~~~~~~~

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Very cool

And I always hated and wondered about that damn 50 points at the beginning of an op thing. It sucks.

Positive waves going out all over. Anyway I can help with the COI aspect?

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

vonB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Dundradal, I have signed you up for the Legion of the Damned (or lost cause CC nutcase  Wink - join the club...).  There's nothing at this moment, but I'll drop you a line as soon as there is something that you can join in with if you are willing to have a go!  And thanks!...  

The first things are likely to be involved with trying to iron out bugs/defects with the File Readers which means testing with 'known' setups, and comparing the results from the readers to identify where the problems are (and retesting).  It is going to be crucial that this is as 100% as possible.  When I create the routine(s) to write the Data, then accuracy will affect how useful it will be and eliminate causes of crashing the Game.   We don't need to nail EVERY particular, just those values that are useful to use when integrating with other routine (i.e. an Operational Game), but the more we can use, the more intimate the integration can be.

More anon...

lemon42

Rep: 4.8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

VonB, nice work though. Andrew has sent me the link and if I can help just shout Smile I have CC3 and COI but prefer COI. Basic programming experience with VB 2010 express and some delphi stuff.

vonB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:20 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Aha!  A fellow pilgrim.  Yesseree indeedy!  Consider this a 'shout!"  Very Happy

Co-incidentally, your call has come at an opportune time as the cycle of various bits and bobs I have in development at the moment has returned to the 'Status' Section of the Saved Game File to get that finished.  The 'Data' Section is finished, but there are a few values that are definately wrong (I am pretty sure), so some debugging of that is still needed.

I use VB 2008 Express .NET, but can easily move to 2010.  Hang on a day or two and I'll get back to you.

I also prefer CoI.

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am Post subject: Saved Game File Handler : Update... Reply with quote

Update:

We have managed to create a Scenario File!  This is not the Saved Game File that you get when you open a Scenario to Play a Game and CC asks you to save it, but is the same as the Files you will find in the Games\Battles, Data\BATTLES, Data\OPS, and Data\CAMP_OPS Folders (file size 105Kb). This is the file that you get when you create your own Custom Scenario using the Scenario Editor.

It is still only a prototype, and needs serious debugging and testing, but it works!

However, what this does mean is that we will be able to make applications that will create custom scenarios with access to all the Data in the Scenario File independantly of CC.

What we will be looking for in due course are brave souls who are prepared to create and test out customised Scenario Files, and see what does and doesn't work.  Some of the Data will crash the game if invalid values are made, but that will be the fun of trying it out!

There is still some way to go yet before an Editor will be made available to you, but it is BIG step further towards this now.  

For example, the CC Scenario Editor gives you the ability to create 4 barrages on a Map.  However, I have found out that there are slots for 10 barrages in the Scenario file.  If we put 10 barrages in a custom scenario, will it crash the game?  I am sure we will find out in due course  Wink .  This and many other things we can look forward to playing around with.

For those who have taken a look at the CCIIICoIBattleData Program available for download (see link in a previous post), basically anything you see in the program is available for changing.  After testing, it may be best to produce an Editor that prevents making such changes, and we will find these things out as we test it out.

I have tested a custom output file from the program and it loads and runs in CoI (and should in CC3), so the foundations are in place.

I am now working on the Operation Status Structure.  This is the extra part of the Scenario File that is added when you save a custom scenario file when you load it in CC to play a Game.  This is the part that tracks the details of the battles as they are played in an Operation.  When this is complete, we will have the foundation of a complete file handler for the CC3/CoI Scenario Files.

So keep those positive waves coming!  Looks like we will have something for you to start messing around with in a while  Very Happy

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Great Stuff...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

positive wave

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:21 am Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Way to go!!! The lack of a campaign you could actual influence was always the weakness of CC3/COI.....

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Yeah, if you can combine it with the CCIII unit upgrading system, that'll make the ultimate CC experience...

Very Happy

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: Call for CC3/CoI Saved Game Files Reply with quote

Not sure about "Ultimate" Andreus, but I'll take that as a positive wave!  Smile

The upgrading system is not a function of the Scenario File(s), so the short answer is that this Project will not be including that feature.

However, I am interested to hear what you have to say about the upgrading system (i.e. what you like, dislike, would like to see), and you never know.  Although this Project does not include the upgrading system, it is something that the follow up Project (CCOPS : Close Combat Operations), could very well do, hence my interest in your comments.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: