Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1236
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

I think you will find that the Germans win that operation by not moving... please correct me If I'm wrong.

You are correct. I just assumed that the operation "Last Stand Arnhem --out of ammunition, god save the king" would involve defending Arnhem not, for some reason, abandoning the position your sent to capture and inexplicably attack larger enemy forces.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

I'm sure I don't know what you mean

Sdc10397.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  334.79 KB
 Viewed:  12556 Time(s)

Sdc10397.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:33 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

That scenario could well have been designed by the story in that book
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:51 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Oh yes, they are the one's.... a whole sub-culture revolved around them.  I wonder if they could even be published today due to the PC brigade (that's not the Personal Computer).  The lnaguage is deliightfully banal, trite, stereotyped, even (dare I say it?) jingoistic!  A true blast from the past...

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

2 minor bugs I ran into while playing today:

- Explosives using "explosion" sound...should be "arming explosives/lighting fuse"...same principle as grenades.
With explosion sound, you will hear double explosions in the game when explosives are used...confusing!

- Wrong weapons artwork for Brit 2 inch mortar.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

I had a fzzzzz ready for the WaR patch.. which could have been used... unfortunately it was not required

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:02 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Speaking of audible effects, hand-to-hand combat sounds like a bad drum beat in extended melees. Would help perhaps if there was variation in the sound cue.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:11 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

I don't have LSA but here's some sounds that could be useful. Just re-name them to the correct numbers.

Stalingrad  0000 Melee
Stalingrad  0001 Grenade
Utah  0023 Explosives
Stalingrad Der Kessel Die Kampfguppen  0111 Molotov Cocktail

Sounds for LSA.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sounds for LSA.zip
 Filesize:  380.85 KB
 Downloaded:  386 Time(s)

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Thanks for offering the sounds, Digs!

On the more visual side of bugs or issues, I find map features often suggest a fairly significant rise in the terrain, such as a hill or raised road, but the elevation levels don't vary or only change by .5 of a metre. So LOS is not affected, completely unexpectedly!!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

From my post the Matrix LSA Forum:

Quote:
ORIGINAL:  kojusoki1

So basicly yes, there is something wrong. I didnt checked the .txt files, but if squadleader_id says the only difference is in range, it means that cover values had been changed. And as my oppoenent figured out, when hiding in building you basicly have now only minimum cover (red outline). In stone budiling you have yellow and sometimes green. This means the values or map codding is changed.

To make the long story short: it is completly different when comapring to TLD and other versions and HMGs are far more lethal that they were before.

I only did a quick check on the weapons.txt file yesterday at work.  I did some more checking though...and looks like the elements values have been tweaked also.
Protection values are lowered in building elements!  Protection values are also lowered for ground and field elements...some set to 0 protection...that's probably why men crawling in the open are now easily picked off from far away [:@]
What were the reason behind the data changes??

LSA elements.txt file compared to TLD:

One other thing...cover inside buildings is also reduced because of LOS issues from wide window elements. That's also probably why you can get LOS through buildings more often in LSA. I've noticed that a lot of LSA buildings (especially those not aligned North-South) are coded with 2 element tiles wide windows...graphicaly the wide windows look great but bad for gameplay [Wink]

Wide (2 elements) windows in LSA (top) compared to window coding in CC5 (bottom):

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:07 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Haven't experienced being shot up inside a house yet.  Though, I may have dished some of that out, come to think on it.  I did notice that I can clear a house from range in LSA without the need for assaulting the residence.  Enough of a difference that I noticed it, anyway.

I definitely agree that being out in open ground is a good way to die.  This one my troops know about from personal experience.  Often just a single shot takes them out.  It's frightening when it happens; I mean, it seriously scares me when I send my guys across open ground.  That said, I don't have a problem with it; I've always thought it was a bit silly that I could have a panicked soldier crawling around on his knees and elbows, out in the open, in clear sight, going nowhere clever, being shot at from several sources, and could sometimes have easily recite the entirety of Revelations to himself before a sharp shootin' German finally got his number.

Looking at squadleader_id's post pictures, I am actually kind of comforted to know they went through every part of the data for LSA, rather than just leaving it as it was.  Could have been easy to do.  That said, I'm only on day two, and haven't encountered any real German resistance yet, so I may come to eat my words.  Very Happy

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Dont worry Hoogley..its a walk in the park..playing GC on sep 20, Frost has been releaved, only seen two Panther tanks and now that i know the there is only one Tiger I in the game (on recruit), playing line, the only thing i have to worry about is the nine Tiger II  Wink and the indestructble German halftrucks of course...

golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Here's a big, complicated one that ruined my campaign:

Playing grand campaign as allies, sent my most eastern British AB BG for a quick dash to Arnhem north (one map north of the Arnhem bridge) to cut off an incoming German BG (don't recall it's name, the guys with the halftracks) fought a defensive battler against them and ended up making them retreat to the Arnhem bridge map (not the rail bridge) which wasn't occupied by any allied unit).

Now, next turn should start the night turn, but no....there's still one battle left....at the Arnhem bridge! (German BG fighting itself I guess..?) I click next and the game crashes...every single time.

My Grand Campaign went down the drain.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

in the upcoming patch

* Fixed a bug where a battle was expected on a map with no Allied battle group when 1) Axis static troops were on the map, 2) an Axis battle group was forced to retreat onto the map, and 3) the battle which caused the Axis battle group to retreat was not the last battle of the turn.

very tricky

golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Wow and I thought I was special... Laughing

Any idea when it'll be out?

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:54 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2526664

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

More 'interesting' bug reports from the Matrix Forum:

Glass trees

Half-assed Maps

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Is it my twisted view of it all, or does there seem to be more discontent, bugs and bad data reports popping up in the Matrix LSA forum?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Is that a hint of glee?   yahh yahh people aren't happy any more   Rolling Eyes

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:59 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

A few issues need attending, there is no doubt... but they are being worked on

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: