Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Maybe that's where Hoffa is hiding?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Maybe that's where Hoffa is hiding?

More likely it's a Meth Lab where WAR is also being produced and Beta tested.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Do you have any info that it is being beta tested?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

wait a minute... the patch is a beta release.. you are the beta tester!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:10 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

So you guys don't even bother to look at anything anymore huh?
Just put it out there and let the customer find your errors.

Nice

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the beta patch was not for sale but a free download that you might like to try.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:17 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Apparently my post makes no sense.

What I am trying to point out in the screen-shots is the troops uncover a house where none is depicted in game.

Definitely missed it.... But yes that looks like a bug/oops.... Bug created....

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Dampsquib and I are starting a GC in WAR on Tuesday. While I don't have much experience with WAR, we will both be sure to look out for bugs to report.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Nice

Ahhh common you're so much more than a customer

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

You have to admit, Michael's good at pointing out bugs. Hopefully it makes WaR a better game.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:29 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Quote:
Michael's good at pointing out bugs

No one could disagree with that!

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Nice

I'm pretty sure this is the exact logic behind a public beta. To have more eyes searching for bugs. It's the old word search analogy. You spend hours looking for the last 2 words...can't find them can't find them....then someone walks by and says "they are right there" and were in front of your face the whole time. If you are staring at something all the time you are going to miss things.

I applaud them for making the betas public, it allows them to have a great bug finding population.

And considering all the bugs they did fix that's kind of a douchey statement don't you think?

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:20 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Apparently my post makes no sense.

What I am trying to point out in the screen-shots is the troops uncover a house where none is depicted in game.

The Schonberg map was replaced/updated in the patch with a new one that does not require an .rfm file, the old .rfm wasn't removed by the patch installer...

southern_land

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:05 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

the old one didn't have any houses either did it?

EDIT  Nope just checked it out.  No buildings at all on the old map.  Weird

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get the old map as a download?
I'm just not that crazy about the current one.

Or is that something that can be pulled off the CD?
thanks

southern_land

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

The old one was frigging awful... and I drew it

Hope you've all noticed that WaR is now "window-able"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

^^^
I'm guessing the new WAR patch is using the latest TLD build...so are night battles now doable in WAR?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

I really liked the old one.
Oh well I'll find a way one day to bring it back.

I did find the window mode.I haven't found Night Battles but then again I just don't have the time to play.
I don't see it listed in the options under Scenario Editor.
I wont be able to look at anything for at least the next 6 months so hopefully someone here will be able to play and give reports.
I hope its only 6 months to be honest.Were moving and this is a BIG move,so much I wont even be able to buy CCLSA.

Sure I can always pop online long enough to bash flamethrower (and now pvt_grunt)
But playing is just not going to be an option.

wurger

Rep: 1.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
The old one was frigging awful... and I drew it

Hope you've all noticed that WaR is now "window-able"

cheers, just bought WAR now cause it's windowable! is COI ever gonna be windowable?

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: