Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:31 pm Post subject: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Hi,
Here is an interim link to 1.4

Big thanks to Pzt_Kanov for importing GJS vehicle graphics, as well as other stuff
Credit to makers of GJS vehicle graphics

If all goes according to plan ... next version (1.5) will see a complete overhaul of data  Wink

DL link:
http://uploading.com/files/1d6f15cd/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.4.zip/

New in 1.4

TLD Ground Tactics mod ver1.4
Compatible with: TLD version 5.50.09b
ver1.4:
-Naval Support is now as original TLD. No German Heavy Support
-Support values tweaked
-GJS vehicle graphics and wrecks imported
-updated some sounds, (added molotov sound - source unknown)
-Naval icon replaces howitzer icon for Stragetic interface
-Gammon icon fixed (ScrnGdg)
-FJ (MG) Team changed back to one MG42
-Changed Schiessbecher firing sound (now same as M7 Spigot)
-Retreat enabled in Campaign
-Tank and Gun crews can be issued orders after abandoning
-Most scout units are now privates, without a leader
-Panther model 'A' available, now is the most common model
-Panther Command tank is now an 'A' model
-Most team names now have connotation denoting their branch
-Enfield: increased power
-MN: reduced range
-Added Command Panther to 16/12 SS Panzer Active Roster
-Large Hedgerow: vehicles can not enter this terrain
-PG: new uniforms
-various small data corrections

Credits:
Pzt_Kanov
Gold-Juno-Sword mod vehicle graphics
davidssfx

Last edited by davidssfx on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:14 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Looking good david! Will the data overhaul be the work of Dima?

edit: aw, download limit reached

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Will be available here this weekend.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:16 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Will be available here this weekend.

Thanks mooxe  Smile
David

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

You can get it Now

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You can get it Now

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html  

Thanks schrecken Smile
David

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Sounds good...thanks for updating the mod, Guys!

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Is the revamped data still in the making? I'm holding off playing CC until GT 1.5 is released.

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Thanks alot, Dave! I really, really appreciate what you've done. Priapus and I are dead set on being hardcore with our TLD camp. Realism and stable gameplay are our prime concerns. We kept running into issues that scuttled our camp, forcing us to restart multiple times to implement "house" rules in an attempt to mend whatever was upsetting our game. It was really frustrating and demoralizing.

I can see a lot of the changes made in this vers. will improve the gameplay for us in multiple areas.

Also, as Priapus was asking, who is the one working on the overhaul of data in 1.5? Pri was in discussion with Dima a little while ago, and Dima said he would work on altering the stats for all weapons/vehicles, etc, to be as realistic and authentic as possible. Is this what you were referring to? Or are you overhauling the data yourself?

Thanks again!

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Hi Priapus and graves101 ... thanks for your comments.

Thanks to Priapus for pointing Dima towards Ground Tactics. I contacted Dima and he is doing work on Weapons and Vehicles right now. He is bringing all his brilliant data from TRSM (and Utah) to Ground Tactics ... as well as further updates to that data.

Regarding 1.5:
If Dima's new weapons and vehicle data works well with the existing Ground Tactics 1.4 ... then it will be released with the new data and some other minor changes.
Depending on how it works out ... 1.5 may be out soon.

1.5 will mark the end of some familiar things in TLD, and for that reason ... some may want to have both 1.5 and 1.6.

After 1.5 there will be a major change in the way TLD is played and portrayed. Dima has impressive ideas that he is going to work on next ... and will probably take a few months to complete.
Another large undertaking for 1.6 ... all the maps will be recoded. Maps will vary on how much work it will take to make them accurate and consistent. A plan is in place to achieve this.

If and when all these maps get done ... 1.5 will get an update with this new map data (1.5.1). And that will be the final version of that line of GT.

Joining the team is squadleader_id ... who is going to work on recoding maps and develop a new rank mod, as well as some other stuff.
There may also be help from another pro map/mod guy ... but that is still an unknown at this time.
AT_Stalky had recoded a few maps (in TLD) already ... and so, we will be using that data

Thank again to:
Pzt_Kanov
Dima
squadleader_id
AT_Stalky

David Smile

Last edited by davidssfx on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

Hey David, you are creating a 'Dream-ream' for this mod, and I thought it looked good earlier!  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

I'd really like to get involved with this team. I have a bunch of ideas to throw around and love to conceptualize new changes for the game. I have no modding experience, whatsoever, and my computer savvy is good, though not excellent, but I have great knowledge about WW2 and the realistic portrayal of combat.

I can still try and dive into the specifics of modding, and maybe add another set of hands to the workload, whatever it may be.

I can also spend time researching to help make TLD's units and BGs more accurate and authentic.

So let me know, I can give you my email and instant messager, or whatever program you use, and we can get in touch to discuss things. I'd love to hear what is being worked on for GT 1.5 and especially 1.6. I'm really amped where GT is taking TLD.

It seems Schrecken is also working at some changes, on the GT random deployment zones thread he posted a download altering the experience level of the 101st. This is a good thing in my eyes, but we'll have to go into it deeper to make it as accurate as possible. He also hinted at working on a representation of the misdrops and loss of men and equipment by AA fire and those flimsy weapon bags that had a habit of ripping away in the prop-blast.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics 1.4 Reply with quote

graves101 wrote (View Post):
I'd really like to get involved with this team. I have a bunch of ideas to throw around and love to conceptualize new changes for the game. I have no modding experience, whatsoever, and my computer savvy is good, though not excellent, but I have great knowledge about WW2 and the realistic portrayal of combat.

I can still try and dive into the specifics of modding, and maybe add another set of hands to the workload, whatever it may be.

I can also spend time researching to help make TLD's units and BGs more accurate and authentic.

So let me know, I can give you my email and instant messager, or whatever program you use, and we can get in touch to discuss things. I'd love to hear what is being worked on for GT 1.5 and especially 1.6. I'm really amped where GT is taking TLD.

It seems Schrecken is also working at some changes, on the GT random deployment zones thread he posted a download altering the experience level of the 101st. This is a good thing in my eyes, but we'll have to go into it deeper to make it as accurate as possible. He also hinted at working on a representation of the misdrops and loss of men and equipment by AA fire and those flimsy weapon bags that had a habit of ripping away in the prop-blast.

Hi,
Thanks for your interest ... check your PM

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: