Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 am Post subject: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

Do you think that BG's corresponding to the same parent unit should share forcepools? is it even doable in the re-releases?

I think it could add another layer to the strategic component by deciding if you should use a unit in that map or in the other being that if you use it in one map and there's only one unit left of that type, it may not be available in the other map, example shared forcepool of 2 BG's shows me 1 firefly only, on one map I'm fighting an armored group, lots of Pz 4 tanks and SP guns, in the other there a fewer but some panthers, where do I use the firefly?

Didn't CC4 worked like that? why change it? in CC4 it was automatic though as you couldn't choose your units. As it is now, every BG has its own Forcepool.

Also, why so many units of one type in the campaign? there's like 36 rifle team for the brits at one point in each BG, total nonsense as you cannot use more than 15 units at a time and you can reinforce the BG every new day, my guess is that there are so many units so as to make the "reserves" indicator stay green, sharing one FP for several BG's could add logic to that line of thinking by stacking some types of units being that they would be shared, so there would be 36 rifles available, that would make like 9 per BG if there's 3 of them sharing the FP, completely logical. It would force you to choose better your units for a battle.

You could also toy with the reinforcement ratio so the Allies are never out of men, or maybe they are short one day but recuperate the next etc, lots of possibilities.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 am Post subject: Re: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

Yes, CC4 did use shared forcepools.

It should work in TLD/WAR as the forcepool # column still exists in BGroups.txt. But I haven't tested it....

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 am Post subject: Re: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

I'm confused, as I haven't tried CC4 and only played a modded Ardennes for CC5.

Do you mean "different BGs corresponding to a parent unit", as in, each BG is a Regiment/Brigade (in TLD), and their parent unit would be the Division the Regs/Brigs belonged to?

So the 101st has 3 Regiments in TLD, each of these BGs would share one force-pool to split between them?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:07 am Post subject: Re: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

Yes....

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

I just wasn't sure, as the only system of shared force pools I'm familiar with is the one used in LSA.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: Shared Forcepools in TLD Reply with quote

Yes graves, you got it right.

Something was broken in CC4 IIRC but I'm not sure what, it had to do with units not being really depleted, just replaced with others, can't tell for sure. It was hardly noticeable though because the effect did worked as intended for the most of it, like having strong infantry at the start of the campaign, and then you got schützens or rifle teams and half teams to replace loses later on as germans, as the americans you hardly got complete BG's early and then they were filled with green troops, these gradually started to fill and with better troops. You only got replacements when you had a unit killed though, because you can't choose your forces in CC4, so for example, KG Peiper starts with lots of medium tanks, but there's a window later on of I don't know how many days, where Kingtigers are available but you only get them if you have a tank to replace that has been lost.

In tLD I figure you could choose the unit immediately when its available if you want to, though it could lead to 'teletransportation' of units between 'related' BG's that are separated by a long distance between them, where say you use a strong unit one turn for BG 1 of 1st division, then return it to the forcepool in the immediate turn (losing experience, medals and the original soldiers of course), then on the third turn (or the same 2nd turn, depending on the order of the battles you fight) you could have that strong unit on the forcepool available to BG 2 from the same division that is sitting on the opposite side of the strategic map. Realistic? more fun? does it even work like that? lots of questions. Maybe combined with the locked BG selection flag activated, but then that would beat the whole purpose... Or not.

I remember reading a thread about a possible Iwo Jima mod, a guy said that japanese should be able to move faster than americans across the island because of tunnels and stuff, well, you could have them 'warping' around BG's  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: