Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm Post subject: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Which of these mods are the most historical and has most new units?

RealPara v3.1
OP Market Garden v1.0

No "why play CC2 at all" bullshit, please.
CC2 Is a great game, but even better with one of these mods! :D

Auhm....by the way.
I'm either stupid or blind (or both) but I can'f find the configmanager for CC2

"CC for ever"

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote (View Post):
Which of these mods are the most historical and has most new units?

RealPara v3.1
OP Market Garden v1.0

No "why play CC2 at all" bullshit, please.
CC2 Is a great game, but even better with one of these mods! :D

Auhm....by the way.
I'm either stupid or blind (or both) but I can'f find the configmanager for CC2

i started the work on CC2 OMG based on RealPara v3.1 which is a great mod; perhaps having more informations available about the battle and more tools (made by Mafi) i was able to reflect a bit more the historical aspect of Market Garden - but i know, my opinion is subjective

nevertheless i work, slowly i must say, on the next version of the Op Market Garden which will have at least 2 new units available

best regards
m's

www.mihaisurdea.com

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Realpara looks very nice! Very Happy
Just tested it and I like what I see Smile

But one thing is that Hetzers should be removed since no Hetzers were in Market Garden (at least i have never seen them mentioned taking part in OP MG)

otherwize looking excellent Very Happy

"CC for ever"

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 am Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:
But one thing is that Hetzers should be removed since no Hetzers were in Market Garden (at least i have never seen them mentioned taking part in OP MG)

that's correct, no JP38 was available in that area.
but there was quite a AVF and AC show - from Pz35R and PSW204(f) to PzVIB and Humber IV (with 9.SS-PzAA).

karlmortar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

If it's ok with you, I would like to give you some suggestion of units to improve the historcial accuracy even further. Very Happy

When you reach the second day at the battle for the Arnhem Bridge, the Germans should get FlaK 88s.
They were brought in to shell the british at point blank range.
Maybe add some more "Ersatz" squads for Arnhem battle, like Reich Arbeits Dienst people (R.A.D) and Kriegsmarine infantery.

Give the british army back their 17pdr ATG (seen plenty of towed and a few positioned during the operation)
and give a few to the british Airlanding brigade at Oosterbeek.

Add 3 Möbelwagen Flakpanzer (3,7cm FlaK) and a 10/4 2cm to Oosterbeek battle. (all from 9SS FlaK Abt.9)

2 Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flakvierling to Oosterbeek  (from 10th SS FlaK Abt.10, attached to SS FlaK Abt.9)

1-2 French Panhard Pz.Spw P204 (KG Brinkmann)

2 Pz.Kpfw III Ausf G to KG Knaust

In the Oosterbeek battle there also were Char Bis B2 without flamethrowers. About 2-4 of them.

Most of these things are just minor things, but would be fun to have along. Wink

"CC for ever"

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:

only 1 was available from SS-PzAA.10.

Quote:

there were 6 PzIIIG in KG Knaust Smile.

Quote:
In the Oosterbeek battle there also were Char Bis B2 without flamethrowers. About 2-4 of them

14 B2(fl) in total for PzKp.244.

edit: oops, misread, you are right, 2 regular B2 along with command S35 were with with PzKp.244 as well.

karlmortar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 am Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:
only 1 was available from SS-PzAA.10.

I know, but 1 seems a bit waste of space in CC2

Quote:
there were 6 PzIIIG in KG Knaust

Weren't 4 of them Pz.III Ausf M?

Am I to assume that you read from Concorde Armor at War 9 Panzers at Arnhem, Dima? Wink

"CC for ever"

Last edited by karlmortar on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote (View Post):
If it's ok with you, I would like to give you some suggestion of units to improve the historcial accuracy even further. Very Happy

When you reach the second day at the battle for the Arnhem Bridge, the Germans should get FlaK 88s.
They were brought in to shell the british at point blank range.
Maybe add some more "Ersatz" squads for Arnhem battle, like Reich Arbeits Dienst people (R.A.D) and Kriegsmarine infantery.

Give the british army back their 17pdr ATG (seen plenty of towed and a few positioned during the operation)
and give a few to the british Airlanding brigade at Oosterbeek.

Add 3 Möbelwagen Flakpanzer (3,7cm FlaK) and a 10/4 2cm to Oosterbeek battle. (all from 9SS FlaK Abt.9)

2 Sd.Kfz 7/1 Flakvierling to Oosterbeek  (from 10th SS FlaK Abt.10, attached to SS FlaK Abt.9)

In the Oosterbeek battle there also were Char Bis B2 without flamethrowers. About 2-4 of them.

Most of these things are just minor things, but would be fun to have along. Wink

all these improvements are great to be implemented but the number of slots available for vehicles are limited in cc2 engine; by the way in CC2 Op Market Garden i managed to kept the airborne 17 pounders and also to add Pz MK III to Arnhem sector

www.mihaisurdea.com

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:
Weren't 4 of them Pz.III Ausf M?

there was big discussion on one of mil-history forum with pics and data about Knaust which led to decision that all those PzIII were G.

Quote:
Am I to assume that you read from Concorde Armor at War 9 Panzers at Arnhem, Dima?

that too of cause, but most details are from Dugdale Smile.
was fascinated about CC5:OMG mod couple of years ago Smile

karlmortar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:
there was big discussion on one of mil-history forum with pics and data about Knaust which led to decision that all those PzIII were G

I wouldn't agree on that.

Check this pic out.
That PZ III belongs to KG Knaust.
Long barreled 5cm gun, extra frontal and gun mantel armor, new frontdrive wheel and smoke launchers, it's a Pz.III M

Seen more photos of Pz.III M taken by KG Knaust's pz crew. One of those photos shows the rear of a Pz.III fited with deepfording gear (a cylinder fited horisontaly on the back with two pipes leading from the exhaust pipes)
Only Pz IIIM were equiped with those as far as I know.

Btw, do you have a link to that disscusion?
Just want to see how they came up to that conclusion.

Quote:
was fascinated about CC5:OMG mod couple of years ago

Who wasn't? Very Happy
Dugdale?

Pic_GermansBridge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.39 KB
 Viewed:  15619 Time(s)

Pic_GermansBridge.jpg

"CC for ever"

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:
Check this pic out.
That PZ III belongs to KG Knaust.
Long barreled 5cm gun, extra frontal and gun mantel armor, new frontdrive wheel and smoke launchers, it's a Pz.III M
Seen more photos of Pz.III M taken by KG Knaust's pz crew. One of those photos shows the rear of a Pz.III fited with deepfording gear (a cylinder fited horisontaly on the back with two pipes leading from the exhaust pipes)
Only Pz IIIM were equiped with those as far as I know.

that's indeed not PzIIIG - but was it really taken that time that area?

Quote:
Btw, do you have a link to that disscusion?

well, i believe it was Martin Block post on either AHF or feldgrau - don't remember for sure.

Quote:
Dugdale?

yes, J.Dugdale - the main expert on PzTruppe in 1944 on WF Smile.

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Quote:

Every source I have checked confirms this is at Arnhem ( If you look at the CC2 map of arnhem bridge, this photo would show an area "west" of the bridge)
The photo is taken by Karl-Heinz Krachtas , a pz crewmember of a Pz III of KG Knaust.  The only time KG Knaust were in action were at Arnhem Bridge and "The Island".

Quote:
yes, J.Dugdale - the main expert on PzTruppe in 1944 on WF .

Sadly this author has completly gone past my notice. I better check out some of his works Very Happy

"CC for ever"

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 am Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Check this link, should solve that problem

http://www.defendingarnhem.com/thenandnow.htm

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
http://www.defendingarnhem.com/thenandnow.htm

That first picture is interesting. When the bridge was rebuilt after the war they kept the original design but raised the roadway by a foot (or was it a meter?) to increase the clearance for river traffic.

Since the original bridge ended up in the drink after being slightly bombed I assume that the post war bridge was a replica? Surely they wouldn't have been able to just fish it out of the river, bend it back into shape and stick it back up?

Laughing

Willdasmiffking

Rep: 7.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Realpara or OP Market garden? Reply with quote

Actually I have studied that area from a WWII. It has the same layout as in a wwII picture in the CC2 map

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: