Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Xnij

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:14 pm Post subject: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

In this screenshot the tanks have a clear path but can't pass through. Has this issue been fixed in a patch, mod or something?.

screen shot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  381.2 KB
 Viewed:  6106 Time(s)

screen shot.jpg

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

forget it, that's vanilla TLD Smile

Xnij

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

err.. you're saying it's been fixed in some mod?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Well it can be a combination of both. Both map making and pathing issues have to compromise for each other to make it playable. The opening in hedges have to be made wider so pathing is good thru them, thats a pretty good trade off. They are making a patch though that presumably kind of fixes patching but they said it will still be open to your opinion on whether you think its fixed or not.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Xnij wrote (View Post):
In this screenshot the tanks have a clear path but can't pass through. Has this issue been fixed in a patch, mod or something?.

Tanks can drive through the spaces (you've marked with red arrows) with the Ground Tactics 1.6 mod installed. Smile

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Are they Bocage?

in stock tLD tanks can't travel over/through bocage..... this would include cases where there is a gap, but it is too small for large vehicles... try driving through the gap with a smaller vehicle as was probably intended.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 am Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

small vehicles will not their way through such gaps either.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:46 am Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Know what map it is?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Xnij

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:30 am Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Creully I think

The pathfinding and/or bad map making issue seems rampant on all maps. Whether moving past your own armored units, between trees, you name it. The spaces can sometimes be surprisingly large. I don't know how many times I've had to back away my own units from a spot just to move another unit through and in the middle of a fire fight it screws everything up.

I've really tried being patient with this game but I don't think I can take it anymore  Crying or Very sad.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:13 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Well, that's just a normal CC issue... Spinning tanks right in the middle of a fight, taking the long way to any place and falling into rpg ambushes...
I hope Spinlock has something to offer us soon, so far it's the only place where I've seen vehicles drive right...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Adapt... Improvise... Overcome.

Adjust to the conditions.  I have long taken the view that my Tankers were hung over when going into battle so I assume nothing.  If I find one of my tanks is taken out because it ended up facing in a bad direction after completing a move, I blame myself for not keeping an eye on it.  Move on.

That's not to say that the issue of pathfinding is satisfactory.  It isn't.

I know well that negotiating narrow spaces that vehicles are going to take some handling, so I adjust accordingly.  It still drives me nuts at times, but by adapting I can minimise the hassle and still concentrate on the game, which is also moderated by the somewhat inadequate AI, and in H2H, both sides have to deal with it, so same ball park.

That's not to say that the issue of pathfinding is satisfactory.  It isn't.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

Map design definitely does impact path finding but ultimately the path finding code is old and just not that good.

But there might be some hope on the horizon..... The current path finding code in WAR/TLD could not handle all the changes in LSA so Matrix/S3T have rewritten it for the next LSA patch and it is rumoured that this new code could be back ported to WAR/TLD.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Pathfinding issue or just bad map making? Reply with quote

That's our only hope, TJ Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: