Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:36 pm Post subject: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Hamachi has neared the ends of its life for Close Combat. CCS will be shifting to GameRanger for the primary multiplayer venue. Once all bugs with GameRanger connectivity are ironed out, Hamachi will be phased out and the CCS networks closed over the span of approx 45 days. Part of this phase will include an email campaign targetting the entire registered user base of this site.

I encourage you all to visit www.gameranger.com, set up an account and become familair with how to use it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 am; edited 5 times in total

Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

I used Gameranger for the first and only time a week ago for cc5 and experienced a great deal of lag.  Have others had a similar experience?

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Starting the game from a hosted room is a big step forward ...

Any news yet about mods?

Thanks

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

At the moment GR can launch mods from all classic versions, it cannot launch mods from the zombies unless you install the mod by overwriting original files. Launching mods for the zombie versions in multiplayer was not something S3T ever intended to have happen. I will speak with GR and see if it can be done.

Personally, I have not noticed any lag while playing people on GR.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Great News. Let's fight the good fight.

presidentsgr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.09 KB
 Viewed:  9952 Time(s)

presidentsgr.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

GameRanger tunnels to the joiner, meaning the standard ports Close Combat uses are not used with GameRanger. I went into my firewall and blocked ports 2300-2400 & 47624 for all UDP and TCP traffic. Just conducted a test with Brake with me hosting a game of COI. He was able to join. This proved GameRanger used its own ports and does not require any firewall configuring.

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

what is wrong with Hamachi?  Game ranger did not recognize the newer CC versions from matrix about a week ago when I tried it.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

They do now, and they auto connect as well. There are a few problems with Vista and Win7 users using the newer versions. XP works fine with all versions. So this message is just a warning things will change. The change will start happening officially when the Vista/Win7 probs are sorted out.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

How willl we meet prospective players? We need some sort of chat channel. If only BHQ wasn't absolutely useless.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Gameranger has half a dozen chat rooms. They do not have chat rooms for specific games because they support too many games. The Main Chat Room is a good place to start. We could always gravitate as a group to one of the smaller chat rooms as well. Try The Bar & Grill.

When you host a CC game it can be viewed by anyone from any chat room. You should set up GR so you can view the current hosted games you have installed in your GR main window or you can select Strategy games as an option for example.

My advice is to add friend to everyone you see on Gameranger playing Close Combat. You can add anyone you see on gameranger as a friend. Most players message friends, host or join CC rooms to facilitate a game. You can right click players names to view all versions of the game they have installed.

I have over 100 on my list. Once you build up your friend list it becomes easier to hook up. Until you add a good number of friends it is best to find games by watching what CC games are being hosted or host your own room.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Also realize that almost every day of my life I have to evict people from Hamachi. These are the guys that do not leave the network properly, they just close Hamachi without leaving, thereby taking up a spot that someone else could use.

WillKnott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

I agree that hamachi can be a pain when you get the network full as I just got.  However, I have been on game ranger too and it will be more difficult to find prospective players.  Hamachi was much easier to see there were players out there and what they were interested in playing.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Well theres some give and take. The main selling point is the firewalls and auto connections. GR has proven that you do not need to configure a firewall and will auto connect every version. Prospective players will need to host a game in GR to show themselves. In Hamachi many people just came online and you did not know if they were AFK or in game.

I can make a Close Combat chatroom, but it will dissapear if I leave exit GR.

WillKnott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

btw im getting the room full msg now.  is there offline ppl now?

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

RD Priapus.....
what happened to our game the other day??? and where have you been since then?? im on MSN ...so contact me would you.

Mooxe....
so if i read this post correctly, we dont need to change any settings or anything on our PC's to play CC on GR?? is that correct??

thanks
RD Steiner

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

RD Priapus.....
what happened to our game the other day??? and where have you been since then?? im on MSN ...so contact me would you.

Mooxe....
so if i read this post correctly, we dont need to change any settings or anything on our PC's to play CC on GR?? is that correct??

thanks
RD Steiner

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):

Mooxe....

thanks
RD Steiner

CORRECT!

REJOICE!!

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 am Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Close Combat - Hamachi will be phased out of Reply with quote

Did some final testing tonite with US_Brake. There were some bugs prior to my initial post. Everything is 100% now. All versions auto-launch, auto-connect on all versions of Windows XP and beyond.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:14 am Post subject: Re: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Reply with quote

zombie mods?

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:40 am Post subject: Re: CCS Hamachi networks closing October 29th Reply with quote

Nice  Very Happy
Hope I can play H2H now

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: