Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 pm Post subject: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

Hi all,

My question is about editing grenades.

In "Soldiers" file for every soldier the Grenade Weapon is "1" from Class column of "Weapons" file. And there are others grenades in "Weapons" file:

129 - Smoke Grenade
130 - Hand Grenade
131 - Stielhandgranate
132 - Nebelhandgranate

But looks like these grenades are not used in the game...

1) Is it right ?
2) Can I make "130" or "132" ( from Class column of "Weapons" file ) the Grenade Weapon for soldier or it's hardcoded and the game will crash in case of any change ?
3) Where can I edit the sound of Grenade explosion ? Not throwing but explosion !
4) Where can I edit the data and sound of Smoke Grenade ?  

Thanks in advance,

Dfox

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 am Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

AFAIK both sides use the grenade 1 and the other entries (129 to 132) are just for the names. It's hardcoded in the sense that only the grenade 1 will appear on the little squares in the BG screen. You can make other grenade weapons (ie the gammon) but these appear together with the rifles, MG's and pistols and when they are used in game the soldier retains them when idle as if it was his primary weapon but with the legend 'NO AMMO', very weird.

Other Hardcoded entries are the 81mm mortar that serves as the mortar barrage weapon too. The Big explosion is the one used in Naval barrages and the Arty explosion is the one used by flammable objects like barrels or cars.

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 am Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

Thank you, Pzt_Kanov !

And what is about questions 3 and 4 ?

Regards,

Dfox

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

The weapon sounds are found in the Sound.sfx file, to link a weapon with a sound you need to look at the Weapon Sound column almost at the end of the Weapons.txt file. The smoke grenade is the smoke attributes of Grenade 1, it has the same sound as normal grenade.

The actual explosion sounds are in Sounds.sfx file too but you will have to look for them as I don't remember what index number they are.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:07 am Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

Dfox, try to get hold of Yukongold's CC Sounds workbook...this should give you all the info you need.
I'm not sure if the workbook is available at CCS though...but try the downloads section.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 am Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

Found it!
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4679

Please feel free to add to or correct the workbook with any new findings.
I'm not sure if the link for the test sound file will still work........maybe?

cheers
yg

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
AFAIK both sides use the grenade 1 and the other entries (129 to 132) are just for the names. It's hardcoded in the sense that only the grenade 1 will appear on the little squares in the BG screen. You can make other grenade weapons (ie the gammon) but these appear together with the rifles, MG's and pistols and when they are used in game the soldier retains them when idle as if it was his primary weapon but with the legend 'NO AMMO', very weird.

Other Hardcoded entries are the 81mm mortar that serves as the mortar barrage weapon too. The Big explosion is the one used in Naval barrages and the Arty explosion is the one used by flammable objects like barrels or cars.

Thank-you for this thread,helped me find a bug in my stuff today.

What are all the hard codded weapons for WAR?

I did not know this and discovered today that it was the weapon class's 129-132 that was causing my game to crash.
Without them every time I moused over the hand grenade and smoke grenades the game would display about 20-30Y's and then crash.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

you can't edit the grenade sound explosion in the data, the sound that is data-linked is the grunt/throwing sound.

the hard-coded sound linked to the explosion is 0043 wav, but keep in mind, if you change this, you will also be changing the sound of an AP shell striking the ground, also hard-coded.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: Question to modders about editing grenades Reply with quote

I wish hard coding didn't muck up the base files!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: