Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm Post subject: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

For WAR owners that may have missed it....

LSA Pathing and AI Improvements Coming To WAR

Quote:
ORIGINAL:  RD_Oddball
As has been stated elsewhere we have plans to back-port the LSA pathing and AI improvements to WaR and TLD.

From post #3 in the following thread;

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2614724&mpage=1&key=&#2615442

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

In case you missed this earlier

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2599346
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Is this gonna be released for modern tactics as well? Not that I play it, but would be useful to have in case I some day do, or for the people who actually like it...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

great news.....thanks guys!  winter is coming...time to start a WAR gc

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???

Mats

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

"Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???"

There was still room for improvement with vehicle pathing in WAR.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 am Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Why? I think the AI is more aggresive in WAR than in LSA and the vehicle pathing is 1000 times better in WAR than in the first version of LSA???

Mats

I agree.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

The post doesn't refer to the first version of LSA

See the vid. (which is a reference for pathing only)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 am Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Still think that the AI is better in WAR compared to the latest LSA patch....

The vehicle pathing is now great in LSA but i had no problem with it in WAR...maybe i am old and blind Wink (as the betatesters in the released version 1 of LSA)

Mats

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Had to laugh.  Playing LSA (patched), an infantry squad (Grenedier) beat an armoured car (Sdkfz 231) racing down a road (about 200 metres).  Infantry straight down at the double.  Armoured card veering from side to side in a seemingly drunken stupor.  No obstacles, though tree lines/woods on either side of the road in places.  I'll take your word for it that the pathing is better than the unpatched version....

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
but i had no problem with it in WAR

I would tend to asgree in most circumsyances.

BUT

That video above shows a vast improvement over Stock WaR (or any other CC version)

Previously the tanks would ignore the clear track and try and drive through the forested area.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Hope to test Bridge crossing this week and my expectation is that this will be vastly improved with the new changes.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Quote:
infantry squad (Grenedier) beat an armoured car (Sdkfz 231

Ya that was reported months ago... haven't revisitd it at all.

Report was with no obstacles at all... vehicles stuck in 1st gear?

vonB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 am Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Multiple waypoints is often needed to override the TAI's pathing if you want to specify a particular path, especially a more direct one, or prevent movement into areas you do not want.  For example, when moving squads down a tree line (where you want the movement on the side away from the enemy), I noticed that they can weave in and out of the tree line, sometimes on the side closer to the enemy if you leave it up to the TAI.

All in all, having quite a good time (playing as Germans for the first GC, then will do Allies).  Where the German BG is thin, there is a bit of a challange.  Haven't been kicked off a Map yet, but pretty darn close on occasion (down to a single mauled Squad), and have had to blow a few bridges to prevent them falling into Allied hands (4 or 5 so far).  Am playing with enemy on Always obey orders which makes them pursue their objectives more ruthlessly.

Finding it harder to 'slaughter' the enemy (noticed far more wounded than KIA) which is also good, though sometimes have to laugh again, for example when a solitary enemy soldier runs at a VL, totally exposed in the middle of a road, coming under cross fire from 2 Heavy MG's, an LMG, and an LMG Squad, and still the little bugger keeps coming!  Consequently, they get further than I would expect when playing other versions.  A 15 minute timer means not too much dead time, so there is action going on more or less right through the battle, at least if the enemy BG isn't too degraded.

Mortars a wee bit too powerful for my liking (though I do miss them when they are not available in the German static BG's).

Moving house soon, so CC and Development will have to go on hold for a while.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 am Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

vonB wrote (View Post):
Moving house soon, so CC and Development will have to go on hold for a while.

Houses are heavy and difficult to move, why not just go to a different one?   Razz

vonB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

NOw why didn't I think of that?  Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Been in Ireland just a bit too long?

vonB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: LSA pathing and AI improvements Coming to WaR Reply with quote

Something like that.  Sad to leave tho'.. Lovely country with lovely people, just sold out by the gangsters and crooks rather more severely than elsewhere, so it's going to take them a lot longer to dig themselves out of the economic pit they are in.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: