Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Econwatson

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:44 am Post subject: LSA Questions Reply with quote

Hello all! First post! I hope to become a regular here! :)

I remember first seeing CC2 as a demo for Flight Simulator 98 and fell in love with it. I got that game when I was 8 years old and the game, (and that little manual when you press F1) ignited my interest in military History!

Now 12 years on I was thrilled to see the release of LSA, and it really is very good! I have a number of questions however!
Can I get the old HUD back? It was my opinion that the old one was much better. It felt more organised instead of having the soldier monitor popping up on one side and the little minimap on the other? I'm pretty sure everyone plays with them right? So why make them look like little auxiliary boxes?!

Another question I have is if you have any tips for capturing bridges? My men literally sprint to the bridges ignoring a hail of MG34 fire but just like that scene in the movie a Bridge Too Far they arrive a little late and see it blown up in front of their eyes! What am I doing wrong?

Another question is if those Platoon HQ squads help? Like if I have one nearby will that boost the morale of my troops?

And one more thing. Are Axis better at hand to hand combat than the Allies? I send a rifle squad in to deal with four pesky grenadiers (who I guess are elite soldiers) but they get massacred! Is there anything I can do to help this? Like send an officer?

Hopefully you guys can help me out! Thanks!
Watson

thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 am Post subject: Re: LSA Questions Reply with quote

The 'modern' CC HUD has advantages over CC2's. You dont have to scroll the Soldier Monitor, and both the Soldier Monitor and Map Monitor (minimap) can be repositioned. This allows the toolbar to be minimized while displaying the two monitors.

Win some, lose some with the bridges. Best, Son, St Oedenrode and Veghel can be bypassed to the east. Grave, Nijmegen and Arnhem Road have longer timers.

Command teams help considerably.

Achieve a couple casualties and maintain suppression before assaulting. Otherwise an intact, unsuppressed defender rightly should have the advantage in close combat.

verba

Rep: 16.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Questions Reply with quote

No you cant change it , Id liked the original to though...

Anyhow, keep firing from multiple directions on the "to be assaulted" position. Get your team close to the assault range ( more then 20 m). Also check your teams weapons, do they still have grenades? Do they use SMG? You cant assault strongly with a Garand .30.

So then go in for the kill

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: