Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:49 pm Post subject: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

hello everyone

I am currently in the process of doing a Let's Play of Close Combat 5 Battle of Berlin on youtube.  I am having a real blast playing the game and creating videos of my progress on that difficult mod.

I wanted to share my channel for those interested in watching as I continue my campaign, and hopefully survive until May 2, 1945!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CloseCombat5

There you will find all the videos.  I will be posting more as I continue to play.  Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

hope you enjoy my channel and have fun watching the videos

thanks

Last edited by LostTemple on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Superkala

Rep: 5.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:40 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Amusing, i only had time to watch part 15(random choice) as of this post. Pretty optimistic placing of your halftracks there, lucky the king tiger came through for ya   Very Happy

If you want to see weapon penetration possibilities(you mentioned the tiger not coming under rocket attack) you could load a test game as the opposition vs a king tiger group(create a battle in the editor) then mouse over inbattle...as you know green on tank means killable, black cant hurt it...or atleast the AI wont target a black cursor unit

One thing im really excessive about is checking each units LOS\firing abilities pre battle...understanding elevations in this game is a PITA so you have to hold down right click on terrain to get a elevation number...not very intuitive(am i telling you what you know? probably, but anyway)

LostTemple

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yup, I pay attention to EVERYTHING.  Especially with the way I'm playing this mod.  Like I mention in the videos, I've added VetMod 3.5 by Salhexe and also the 03 registry change to Path folder.  This makes an already difficult mod almost IMPOSSIBLE....heheh.  But I am having an awesome time playing it!!  A great challenge!

When I preposition, I always take into account factors like: Cover, Ammo, Elevation, Escape Routes, Officer Rank etc etc.  For Battle of Berlin you definitely have to pay attention to all the details if you hope to last till May 2, 1945.

For those interested, the campaign has reached a critical point!  I'm posting 2 sample videos so you can get a taste of how fun/crazy the battle is.  I am continually uploading more, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmUhnS5srs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkTpLqgbtg

Thanks for watching guys, and hope you enjoy my Battle of Berlin campaign!

:)

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your interest in my vetmod.
Have you restarted GC?
I hope yes, because otherwise the changes would not effect completely.

Here
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5617

my previous GC results with 3.5 version

here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mak_enjOXUY

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_zjnA1wceE
2 videos from my previous gc

In image the situation in my current GC 3.5 version day april 27

gc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.12 KB
 Viewed:  19007 Time(s)

gc.jpg

LostTemple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Thanks for your vetmod Salhexe!

Yes, before I started my current Grand Campaign, I installed your vetmod.  So I have been using it since the beginning!  

You have done an amazing job! This is without a doubt the most ridiculous, difficult and yet enjoyable mod I've ever played!  Btw, in all my youtube videos, in the description, I give you credit for your vetmod Smile Did you see that?

Wow, you made it all the way to May 2?  That is incredible.  I hope to survive also! :)

Again, to those interested, keep checking this thread and also my youtube channel.  I play this mod daily, and will be updating and uploading videos as much as possible.  

Thanks and as always, any play suggestions or tips or random comments on my grand campaign are welcome!

LostTemple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

A quick update.

I wanted to let everyone know that I've been playing and uploading videos at a furious pace :)

It is April 21, 1945 and I am doing some serious preparation in anticipation of the coming Soviet onslaught into the heart of Berlin.  In the link below, I provide an update regarding the current status of the campaign.  Again, tons of videos being uploaded...so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZBMd-NsKQ

Down with the Communist scum! :)

**EDIT** Another day has come upon us.  Below is the status as of April 22, 1945 after heavy losses and fighting in Autobahn East.  The numbers are deceiving.  Even though I've killed more than twice the number of men I've lost, the Soviets continue to push and now have me almost surrounded.

The situation is desperate, but men of courage are born out of such situations.  To Victory!!!

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Withdraw your forces in the Fortress Berlin

Wink

LostTemple

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

The Soviets have entered Berlin!  Noooooooooo!

For the first time ever, they managed to enter Berlin proper, but they'll pay for every inch of the city they take.  In Dahlem we encountered some of the bloodiest and most inhuman fighting yet.  For now, we came out victorious and killed off the Soviet scum.  I curse the Soviets and the day they were born!  Mad

Again, I've uploaded a bunch more videos.  Below is the link to the latest video showing the street fighting occurring in Dahlem on April 22, 1945.  I managed to defend fairly well.  The Soviets will regret ever stepping foot in Germany!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UxsT1rlpI

And an image showing the final results.  The battle continues and the videos will keep coming, so stay tuned!

salhexe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Have you armor? Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

What are your setting?  You must have hero for you.

Superkala

Rep: 5.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Human elite, AI recruit is standard setting yes...

LostTemple

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Salhexe, I'm using the setting you suggested for your vetmod.  Below are my settings.

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

thanks for the youtube postings..........that is some good stuff.......and funny!
the commentary cracks me up.
Berlin is one of the best mods out there.

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:14 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):
Salhexe, I'm using the setting you suggested for your vetmod.  Below are my settings.

I said this because I was surprised by the loss of two tanks in the battle that you posted.
I usually have sacrificed my tanks outside the city where I had more chance of eliminating Soviet tanks.
In the city are not very useful because it is easier to stop.

LostTemple

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

yuma wrote (View Post):
thanks for the youtube postings..........that is some good stuff.......and funny!
the commentary cracks me up.
Berlin is one of the best mods out there.

thanks for the kind words yuma!  Glad you enjoyed the videos.

Yup, BoB is incredible.  The CC5 community has definitely produced incredible mods over the years.  I can't wait to play some others!

And now back to the battlefield and kicking some Soviet butt!

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Hi Lost Temple have you played in H2H mode yet?

Probably not a good idea with Bob mod hehe

LostTemple

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
Hi Lost Temple have you played in H2H mode yet?

Probably not a good idea with Bob mod hehe

hi buuface!  Yeah, played some H2H a long time ago.  I'll probably try it again at some point, but for now, I'm really enjoying getting my butt kicked playing these mods(with the additional vetmods on top).

If you haven't tried the vetmods yourself, I suggest giving them a go.  They pack quite a punch! Smile

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Starting with the first vid and working my way down.

Finally some CC5 vids on youtube.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

It got me play the mod actually

where can I get the BOB mod?

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=188

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

aah ok I tought it was this band of brother mod I looked for it and never find it  Sad
But I've been giving a try to Berlin for 2 weeks now, I'm usually more a West front fan
But even if I like my shermans, I'm having big fun playing this Berlin Mod, I'm currently circling around Berlin

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: