Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GMoney

Rep: 4.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am Post subject: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & STA Reply with quote

Hello all

ShowUda$(russians) Versus Ptz RONSON (Germans):  STALINGRAD GC  Even line  NO VL rule: MORALE ON

Result:  Total German victory

Ronson won match wiping out the Russians with a surprising 1 map left victory on Oct 4 2 pm turn. Surprising to both sides as position was not so undefendable by russians.   The one map at the 2 pm turn was crossing 62.   The russians had 6 vl hexes and 2 of the defensive mounds.  If russians survived, the next day would have seen about 6 units reappearing on entry maps, 2 of which would have been strong at.   The race to the end should have lasted but Germans attack overwelmed russian D and with 40 seconds left in battle and w/ even with no contact between the sides the russians capitulated and germans received the last 3 VL hexes for a total victory.  Very tuff ending to a titanic defensive struggle to survive.

This Campiagn took place over a 2 1/2 to 3 year to complete.  Ending Feb 2011.

Ronson had too much Germans early on and russian kills of tanks were very meager leaving germans plenty strong.  Russain airattacks throughout were horribly ineffective as well as poor artilary.
Germans may have had no disbanded brigades.

The middle maps were contested as a german tank brigade was shut off after advancing from Dolgiy Gulley  into  Oil Tank Farm map by  unit of russians advancing behind them from N train into Dolgiy Gulley.   Out of supply and cornered in Oil map the german tank brigade  survived against russian tank brigade.  These battles lasted about 3 days until....
The main problem was that Gullry is a one way movement map and since the russians could not retreat back into N Train from Gulley a few turns later, the whole center became very weak.  THE DREADED ONE WAY MAP.    Russains held Mamayan for long time with early Tank brigade of KV's.  Bottom maps collapsed first and north next.

Russians were on heals throughout.  Thought of just surviving with one map was set in early.

SIDE NOTE:  This was Ronson and SHowUda$ second stalingrad gc.  We played an earlier one with me as the Germans.  Ronson surrendered after about 1 week of fighting.  I believe it was his first time playing  as the russians.  I am experienced russian in Stalingrad.

COMMENT:  Stalingrad GC should be played with no VL rule.  Russians need all the help they can get.   If you play VL rule russian strength must go up at least one notch.

STATS

FINAL NUMBERS End OCT 4 2pm turn:

GERMANS   Russians
3198  KILLS   4647
2811  Injured       4115
226  ARMOR        161
 38  Cars               9
 60  Guns            63

MIDDAY OCT 4
3198   4619
2806   4099
226    161
 38      9
 60     63

END of Day Oct 3
3164   4535
2783   4004
223    161
 38      9
 60     63

Maps in Battle beginning Oct 2:   STZ N, Crossing 62, Lazur, Mamayan, Oil Tank Farm
Central Docs, N Train STation,   S Ferry T

END Oct 2
3124     4426
2751   3910
218    159
 37      8
 60     63

MIDDAY Oct 1
2967   4180
2631   3699
149    210
 37      5
 63     61

Midday Sept 30
2819   3964
2498   3516
199    147
 34      5
 57     61

End Of Day  Sept 28
2601   3667
2294   3258
187    133
 30      5
 52     59
End of Day  Sept 27
2469   3474
2175   3087
174    123
 28      5
 48     57

End of Day  Sept 25
1846   2575
1649   2771
148     87
 24      4
 34     49

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 am Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

I like your AAR.

When the VL rule first appeared I was against it. Why couldnt isolated pockets of resistance keep fighting where they had been? Especially in a city battle. At the very least the VL rule should always allow diaganol connections. Only because if you run a crew diagnaol across a map, thats how the terratory will be given to you.

The one way road. Maybe someone can make a small submod patch for this? So annoying.

It's great to see how you kept with it until the very last battle. A three year GC, epic finish!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

A very interesting GC indeed, and as my estwhile opponent says quite an anti-climax in that final battle!......its like missing an old friend when one finishes something like this Sad

A very sturdy defence by the Red army, by the time it ended I was scratching around for strong BGs and desperately attempting to remember who had some armour still left!

This GC carried over from its start on GS to end in GR.

To my mind the German side is very strong in this and the only way to play is that to achieve a 'Victory' for the Germans is to hold the entire map, pay no regard to the game victory level, otherwise Soviet position is hopeless.

German BGs are very strong in guns which if used as cannon can blast the poor russian infantry from any strongpoint, and the German armour is helped considerably by the poor supply rules of CC5, allowing them to bypass russian BGs and then to still fight effectively, while german infantry BGs deal with remaining russians left behind.

It will be interesting when this mod is taken into the newer WaR/TLD/LSA format where loss of supply will really affect this sort of move.

Improvements probably are needed to make the Russian assault groups have an impact, any attack by these units was always easily dealt with by my German troops even in adverse circumstances. Also a reduction of the number of German guns would help, I could generally decimate any Russian tank threat with the guns of any BG.
To prove this in one of the last battles I actually 'killed' a mighty KV with a 37mm, side shot admittedly.....but when compared to the performance of the Russian 45mm against my own PzIII was quite marked.

However a very enjoyable GC, and this was fought with a 6 hour time difference, but with goodwill on each side this sort of difficulty can be overcome.

A vote of thanks to my very agreeable opponent for this who kept his cool under the most trying of circumstances, a real pleasure to play against you indeed Smile

As look forwards to 'seeing' Stalingrad added to the list of mods for the new series, I would like to thank the modmakers who worked so hard to make this in the first instance, I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say how many hours of pleasure you have given us.
(Not to mention sleepless nights!!! Rolling Eyes  lol)

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

I'm very pleased to see people still enjoying this mod. It's the best encouragement for a modder to keep up his work!  Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Smile.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 am Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

Great dedication guys to complete the GC over YEARS, wow!!!

GMoney

Rep: 4.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:38 am Post subject: Re: ShowUDa$ V Ronson Completed STALINGRAD gc RESULTS & Reply with quote

Thanks

On a side note, Ronson hosted most of the games which may have resulted in a very effective german force.

When playing Stalingrad, russians should host!!!!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: