Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 am Post subject: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....

csodown.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.94 KB
 Viewed:  14949 Time(s)

csodown.png

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:19 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

After the last few times it went down all the good editing info was never re-posted and nobody uses the site anymore.
No real loss to me.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:06 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

There's 2 sites left - here and Matrix.  At Matrix the LSA forum is slipping down the ranks as new releases get the top billing. There's very few new posts anyway. Ryans is back but unreadable in the new format - even Boar is quiet. I havn't looked at any clan sites for ages, Pzt, RD clans are all thats left.  Even Stalky and Dima dont use AT prefix anymore. ANZAC clan has lost Tack to Call of Duty and it appears US Brake is a clan of one! At least it's a clan still - AA is gone, Platoon too - and even my "Pvt " prefix is a hold over from 6 guys in Canada playing Half-life 10 years ago!

Thats the bad news, the good news is - I do like LSA and I will load it up again for a GC with the 5th patch. I will go back and play WaR again to see how it goes after the latest patch, with Michaels data too, I promise.
There's still CCS to plant random posts in and most of all, we know that Buff will NOT stay away for long.

I still say Buff and Flamethrower is the same person  Rolling Eyes  I've never seen them both in the same room at the same time so........ Wink that's proof.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Oh, and while I'm ranting - the truth is forums are 10 yr old communication. Twatter, Faceless Book etc are more immediate, the idea of posting a message and waiting DAYS (my God) for a message is so old fashioned. My kids have give up email, MSN, they dont even have computers anymore, just phones and consoles. A game to them lasts 2 minutes like Bejewelled, we have arguments over a 20 min vs 30 min timer!

Only a minority of people will use a forum in the future, too slow and old fashioned. Just like only a minority of gamers will play CC, too slow, too much waiting, too cerebral.

But like a good song can have moments of silence, a good battle game can have moments of inaction, it tests the nerves and the patience of the gamer.

Like sex,  oh - hang on that's only 90 seconds so that's a bad analogy  Embarassed

Still, these attributes only appeal to a minority it seems. It's not wrong just different and it's always been the way of gaming, strategy VS clickfest.

Meanwhile, load up CC in whatever form you like, laugh at the on going bugs and enjoy the game.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
it appears US Brake is a clan of one! At least it's a clan still

Alone and surrounded by hostiles until former US member found at gameranger. PZ_JOE_TDO   Smile

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:01 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):

Alone and surrounded by hostiles until former US member found at gameranger. PZ_JOE_TDO   Smile

Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:21 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

I wander around the States (on foot) sniffing for an ambush. Hidden in my backpack, is a game disc from 20th century it reads Close Combat III The Russian Front.

Denzel_Washington_Book_of_Eli.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.61 KB
 Viewed:  14837 Time(s)

Denzel_Washington_Book_of_Eli.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:39 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

He paid the bill!

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

I miss all the drama on CSO with Pzjaeger and the political section.  Glad Mooxe is keeping this site running strong.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

When I try try to log in at CSO is sais. YOU ARE BANNED FOREVER !

They should rename that site JONESTOWN and sulla change his name to JIM JONES.

csojones.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.27 KB
 Viewed:  14759 Time(s)

csojones.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

When I try try to log in at CSO is sais. YOU ARE BANNED FOREVER !

Wonder what you did...

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

[/quote]Wonder what you did...[/quote]

I posted funny little pictures.

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:17 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Mr Jones naked ?
probably not, that wouldn't be funny ....

Peanut

Rep: 3.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
we know that Buff will NOT stay away for long.

I still say Buff and Flamethrower is the same person  Rolling Eyes  I've never seen them both in the same room at the same time so........ Wink that's proof.

Okay okay.. WHERE do I begin!

I actually hit this site maybe once every couple of months.. and as you can see.. the CSO_Sbufkle account password is lost! But hey.. the CSO part is moot any how! So I login as Peanut.. Sbufkle name is retired for now.. got tired of explainign the name anyhow.

Sorry to say, while I might be tempted to pop CC into the hard drive, when I feel like playing any games I play on the Xbox 360, loving multiplayer gaming with the headset and strong online communities! More of a team player, so this way because I suck, I still have a chance at winning if my teammates can pick up the slack! (Not SLAAK... but SLACK) You have to do your homework to find a good community, alot for older gamers, as in not 15 year olds who think the F work is something to be used every third word!

I can credit CC with earning me money, I still do graphics work on and off for various companies.. all just gravy anyhow, but literally started from making maps for fun with CC.

Now the CSO has tried to come back, but the die was cast, the community too small and has laregley moved on or is dedicated to a more stable area here. Unfortunately the posts about biased views with the developpers at Matrix has alot of truth to it, and of course that tainted the CSO as it wasnt able to remian neutral. But its fair to say Shaun intended only good things for the community. Had someone said years ago, if new CC games for the trade in of the CSO was worth it, Id have said yes too. But as it happens rehashes which are basically mods sold off was not what any of us had in mind when the ball started rolling years ago and certianly not worth it. There IS wealth in CSO forums.. actually there WAS. Alot of theat info is in here now, how to mod and other thigns that frankly happen less and less by less and less people.

In the end though, we all have to feed our families, and the developpers are trying to do that.. the fact is somebody is buying these rereleses. Considering many of us are old grogs, we only hoped bigger and better or at least a modest revivial of something like those old MSN Zone days. But it wont happen again.  So there is the great divide in those pimping products others feel is blasphemy.

the fact is CC is an old game and with the big money from developpers being geared at gendres and engines a light year ahead of where CC is, I frankly cant see any new engine/new CC game which is reflective of the year 2011 as far as technology. Man, I hope I am wrong.. but I dont hink I am.

As far as Flamethower.,. we ARENT the same person. I believe hed be pushing 70 years old now. (I kid you not) Now thats not a crime, but the old guy should be left to pullling his pants to under his armpits and complaining about his denture adhesive. Or just simply go f*** himself.. theres no love for that guy form me.

Anyhow.. good to see some old grogs still paly the game and if anyone plays any of the COD or Halo games on the 360 maybe you can PM me and we can have a game or two.

Keep the site going Mooxe, you may have gotten a hold of my 'Private' maps and other material, pissinh me off years ago, but theres no question you have proven yourself community driven with the test of time.

Not to be redundant, but as far as the aforementioned "Go f*** your self" line... well, you others know who you are and can do the same.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Former or current associates with CSO either have two names or have to change their names. I wonder why that is?

What makes a good Close Combat Fan Site?
1. Good Fan Site Owner(s) Owners who play the game, love the game, and respect and understand the community.
2. Good Forum. No heavy handed moderators or financial agendas. Members who are cool and doing something positive. Ability to debate issues over and over for years on end.
3. The Community Files, the Downloads. A fantastic collection of Player-made Close Combat mods, maps, tools, artwork, etc. Maintained and provided to the public the right way.
4. Good Information. True, correct and accurate information that helps fans of the series enjoy the series.

We all know what happens when this forumla is not followed. Tsunami followed by Meltdown.

Peanut, a Close Combat revival is in full effect in 2011. Since September 2010 All Close Combat Players can play any version of the game online in the same lobby on Gameranger.com. The last two fridays over 40 Close Combat Players were together hanging out or playing. When was the last time anyone was in a CC lobby with that many players? 2002? Come over and get raped Peanut, then you will forget all about CSO.

Peanut

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Former or current associates with CSO either have two names or have to change their names. I wonder why that is?

What makes a good Close Combat Fan Site?
1. Good Fan Site Owner(s) Owners who play the game, love the game, and respect and understand the community.
2. Good Forum. No heavy handed moderators or financial agendas. Members who are cool and doing something positive. Ability to debate issues over and over for years on end.
3. The Community Files, the Downloads. A fantastic collection of Player-made Close Combat mods, maps, tools, artwork, etc. Maintained and provided to the public the right way.
4. Good Information. True, correct and accurate information that helps fans of the series enjoy the series.

We all know what happens when this forumla is not followed. Tsunami followed by Meltdown.

Peanut, a Close Combat revival is in full effect in 2011. Since September 2010 All Close Combat Players can play any version of the game online in the same lobby on Gameranger.com. The last two fridays over 40 Close Combat Players were together hanging out or playing. When was the last time anyone was in a CC lobby with that many players? 2002? Come over and get raped Peanut, then you will forget all about CSO.

about the two names. i lost my CSO_Sbufkle login password and no longer have same isp, so email addy for account is dead.

I am proud thae CSO pefix to my name was associated and tagged in the heyday of CC when the CSO was a good thriving place.

The CSO was a great site, but its essentially dormant and cant rise from ashes at this point, its too late.

when I play COD or Halo my own clan any given night can have a good 50 player and thousands in genlobbies. I loved CC, but I played it so long, plus with all the maps I made, i am overly critical of it. when its not fun for me personally, why play?

i am happy to hear others still enjoying it.

for the record I know what you did to Shaun/Sulla.. it wasnt nice at all. But you were essentially shunned for long enough.

Im not back by any means at all in the CC community, just stopping by for a cup of coffee.. besides, the rabid Martix crew will come in and trash me soon enough like they do all 'non believers'

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

The DRAMA over at CSO.  

Yes Brake had quite the reputation at CSO...not sure what all that fuss was about back in the day when he got banished for life.

Also Peanut was always having controversy with Mooxe as I recall and later with Flame.  Or all the hooplah in Political Section, anarchists, fascists and communists all going at it.  Not to mention when PJ would go on a rampage.

I will miss the CSO...but this site still thrives at least.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Yea we all poked fun at each other at some point and time.
Isn't that just Normal Behavior?

Peanut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
The DRAMA Also Peanut was always having controversy with Mooxe

He had some of my files that werent for publice release.. the ironic part is unless I uncover it on one of my dozens of back up disks (could be a couple hundred to be honest) he might now have the ONLY copies of soem of these left! (thank god)

I am not mad about this anymore and really, I shouldnt have been as upset as I was..

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:32 am Post subject: Re: Will CSO come back? Reply with quote

Down again.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: