Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 pm Post subject: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

It's been well documented that I often miss release information.  So, even though it's been announced for probably a while, and there's info on the Total War website, I had no idea Shogun II was in production.

However, I happen to live in Brisbane, Australia, which just happens to be the primary base of the dev' team for Creative Assembly; and, I just happen to be a huge Creative Assembly fanboy; and, I just happen to work in a pro audio shop; and, it just so happens that the guys from Creative Assembly sound design team often come in to buy stuff.

So, I only heard about Shogun II yesterday, but it was direct from the horses mouth.  Scheduled late 2010 release.  Freaking fantastic.

I hope it's DX9 compatible.  Smile

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

You just made my day  Exclamation

Thanks  Exclamation

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

You son of a bitch.

I love Creative Assembly, I'm so jealous. Played every TW game except for Rome and most of the expansions. I'm still looking forward to getting Napoleon. Shogun was one of the first RTS games I started with on the computer.

The only gaming company here where I'm at is Silicon Knights, and they've only made generic "adventure" games. Granted, Eternal Darkness was pretty cool. But I know many of the employees and see them at shops I frequent downtown, so I know what you mean when you can get "insider" information.

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Shogun Total War and Medieval Total War

Are probably the only 2 games i have played more than Close Combat  Very Happy

Caint wait!

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Total War : Shogun II already released  Smile

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

I've got the game its really great.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:37 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Second that - the game is a gem.
AI is better than in earlier versions overall, especially on strat level.
Graphics is awesome with DirectX 11.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Graphics is awesome with DirectX 11.

the game doesn't use (yet) directX 11. Actually it uses only directX 9 without any AA. The only thing that needs quickly an improvement is the fact that AI  reinforcement army in siege battles is bugged.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Quote:
the game doesn't use (yet) directX 11. Actually it uses only directX 9 without any AA.

i have directx 11 and the graphics is awesome Razz.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
the game doesn't use (yet) directX 11. Actually it uses only directX 9 without any AA.

i have directx 11 and the graphics is awesome Razz.

how are you able to play with the DirectX11 as it must be implanted in the next patch?

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

I don't know, i just play it Smile.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

It looks very neat and polished but not really interested in the period. I only got RTW had a lot of fun with that (lots of mods) and Barbarian Invasion (Really hard as WRE), I plan on getting Medieval sometime but some things put me off like the 2 years per turn but characters getting older by one year only, that's bizarre.

Those other medieval RTS on the other post look amazing too, namely Real warfare 1 and 2.

Still waiting for Rome II  Razz

Hoogley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

No surprise that I own it already, and have played it a fair bit over the last few weeks.  It is amazingly gorgeous, and I like the experience system.  The overall play style is a lot tighter than usual, which is also a plus.

The down points are that there isn't a HUGE diversity in units.  Specifically, there isn't much reason to play through as each different clan; not that I can see, anyway.  Same goes for castles.  You spend a far amount of time laying siege to five different types of castles.  I would have hoped for a bit more variation or uniqueness to each.  The other down point was that in my first campaign I somehow managed to start raiding enemy trade routes for about 6 million Yen per season, which kind of took the challenge out of it.  I have restarted, and I am hoping it doesn't happen again.

I still love it, though, for all my complaints.  I still play everything from TW Rome forwards.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:54 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Hoogley,

what difficulty do you play on?

Hoogley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:55 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Ehem... normal  cough, cough.

I could never accept that difficulty level could affect the values to that great a degree.  6 million Yen per season should never happen, no matter what difficulty you are playing.  I am still not sure what combination of elements went into that little auto-hack.  I wonder if the AI was reaping that much cash before I redirected his funds?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

how do you think it compares to Empire (the last of the series I bought)?  I've read the battlefeild AI is a significant improvement?

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

Yeah Hoogley, seems to be some glitch no matter of difficulty level.

Strat AI is way more interesting than in any TW games.
Battle AI is good as well - agressive in attacks and cautious in defences.
But the main improvement is economical model, you have to develop farms to have enough food to supply castles but in same time you need to develop economy to have money so you need to balance these as you can't have everything in each province.

Overall, I believe that's the best game in TW series to date.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

cool thanks, might be time to dust off the visa card

Hoogley

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: Shogun II Total War: Pure Awesome Reply with quote

@Dima: Yeah.  They've passed up on 'bigger better faster more' for 'make it all fit together properly'.  It's a lot more strategic than the previous lot.  I'm digging it.

@Southern Land:  It's a different beast, but just as worthwhile.  Empire is the culmination of the mega-strategy Total War concept.  It all fits together really well, and it's huge and diverse.  Shogun 2 streamlines everything so you can focus better on precision strategy.  That said, I've already made a number of strategic errors.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: