Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Serk

Rep: 4.4

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 pm Post subject: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy full version released! Reply with quote

Hi gents,

EDIT - I prefered to modify this message instead of starting a new thread. The full version is now rdy to download. It cost 55$ and is available for download here!!!

Battlefront.com proudly presents Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (CM:BN)! The new tactical turn-based/real-time WWII wargame is officially released today and available immediately for both the PC and Mac OS X platforms, as download or mail delivery (including the fully printed massive 200 page manual!), starting at only $55. This game is not sold in stores and can be only purchased directly from www.battlefront.com.

What started 11 years ago with the release of multiple Wargame of the Year "Combat Mission Beyond Overlord" (still on PC Gamer's list of Best Games of All Time) is now coming full circle, and finally returning to the beaches and bocage fields of Normandy, France, 1944.

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (CM:BN) faithfully recreates the experience of tactical land warfare in Western France during World War Two. Using the unique Turn-Based (WeGo)/Real-Time hybrid game system of our proprietary CMx2 battle engine, the first installment in this new series covers the three months after the Allied D-Day landings in Normandy in June 1944, from Operation Overlord in June through the Cobra Breakout in August.

Downloads are available immediately. Mail deliveries will begin in the next days in the order they have been received.

The Limited SteelBook[TM] edition is still available in very low numbers. All customers purchasing Mail or Download & Mail Delivery will receive the SteelBook[TM] edition as long as supplies last. After stock runs out, hardgoods consist of the DVD disc, printed 200 page manual as well as a DVD amaray case.

A note to our European customers: all orders for CM:BN will be fulfilled out of our US location until the EU warehouse is stocked. This can take between 4-12 weeks (depending on EU customs delays). Items shipped out of the US to the EU are subject to your country's customs and mail regulations. For more information about international shipments, please see our Terms & Sales Policy page.

Demo is here.

Enjoy and post your comments!

Last edited by Serk on Sun May 22, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

Serk

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is out! Reply with quote

Looks like the file is corrupted. Download from the germany website and it works allright.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

so how it plays?

Serk

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:24 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Unfortunately, and as expected, my PC can't run the game. Graphics are just awful for me. Anyone has better luck?

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

I played it a bit
and I think it was real nice!

but when I put too much Arty the game starts to lag...
I think i'll need to tone down graphics...lol
But I like it...
I'm actually waiting for 2nd module with 21st Army group!

I have yet to master all the stuff that can be done with it`s 4 different command panels...

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:05 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Whats the verdict guys?

Some of you must have been playing this a whole lot since it was released!

How does it compare to CC???

Lets hear it !

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Buuface,

did you play CM:Shock Force? CM:Normandy is the same but in WW2 Smile.

In comparison to CC, CM has only 3 minuses:
1) Lack of H2H GC.
2) Lack of real stratmap.
3) Lack of data modding possiblities.

Everything else is way better.

-Jager-

Rep: 6.5

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Na Close combat beat it hard then again i just checked 1min
Thats my verdict

Good moaning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAajssMn95w&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QDz3c3Auw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia178T1i8ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA&feature=related

robert_pl

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:49 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Everything else is way better.

I've played CM:BN demo and I would add:

- CC(re-release) has a little better units AI(hard to believe buts true, I myself couldnt believe it). Tanks in CM:BN have a serious pathfinding issues.

- CC has better UI, more readable

- CC has flamethrowers

- CC has more interesting looking maps, you can have huge complex of factories that looks like a huge complex of factories.

- CC has less bugs, is more stable and polished

- CC has no annoying DRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the lack of real Grand Campaign in CMBN is a huge bummer and no buy for me. Without it the game is just boring.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Quote:
- CC(re-release) has a little better units AI(hard to believe buts true, I myself couldnt believe it). Tanks in CM:BN have a serious pathfinding issues.

subjective :)

Quote:
- CC has better UI, more readable

yes, it's more silmple in CC, but if you play CM for some time you get used to it very quickly.

Quote:
- CC has flamethrowers

i do believe full version of CM will have them also.

Quote:
- CC has less bugs, is more stable and polished

subjective Smile.

Quote:
But the lack of real Grand Campaign in CMBN is a huge bummer and no buy for me. Without it the game is just boring.

indeed although it has H2H operations on huge maps, f.e. whole Caen area on one map with number of X minutes battles.

some advantages of CM:

1) More units in field than 15 vs 15 in CC.
2) Split/merge command for the teams, say you need to scout that hedge and don't want to risk 12men squad, send 2men recon team splited from a squad to scout Smile.
3) Mount/dismount command.
4) Choosing the floor when you enter a house.
5) Very good damage model for vehicles.
6) Destuctible enviroment.
7) Offboard support is WAY more realistic, especially arty.
Cool You can shoot down enemy planes that come as offboard support.
9) etc, etc Smile.

But yeah, until it has no modding capabilities and H2H GC it will not kill CC, maybe incapacitate but not kill Wink.

robert_pl

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Quote:
1) More units in field than 15 vs 15 in CC.

The more units one the map the harder to control them in real time. Sometimes I have problems to control 10.

But the limit is not so unrealistic! Its realistic! In real life most of soldiers route or don't want to shoot at the emeny, so casualties in 2 hours battles are close to those "15 vs 15" in CC:) or the numbers are even less.

Quote:
Cool You can shoot down enemy planes that come as offboard support.

You cant in CMBN.

And it wont have a flamethrowers :)

Quote:
4) Choosing the floor when you enter a house.

And watch how your soldiers get slaughtered while trying to find the door and knock knock  Laughing

In Close Combat soldiers walk through the walls, its abstacted but eliminates lots of problems with doors, windows, staircases etc.

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:23 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Folks, I have been waiting for cc in 3d ever since i starting playing ithe first game. I often became disapointed with every game that thought it could take its place.

Gentlemen, CC 3d has arrived. I know you will find issues when camparing it to cc but have you never thought how all the maps you played in cc would look like in 3d?

I am sure everyone back in the day said the same thing about cc when it came. " I like my counters and turn-based" and "what's this real time crap".

guys, I dont work for battlefront but i ask you to really give this a shot because it will surprise you.

also, I would like the CC community talent of map makers to start build nice one cmbn. The built in map editor is awesome.

robert_pl

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Quote:
it will surprise you.

Yes It surprised me how bad it is.

Quote:
also, I would like the CC community talent of map makers to start build nice one cmbn. The built in map editor is awesome.

Yes!!!!! Manoi should start making Stalinagrad maps in it!  Laughing

Quote:
I have been waiting for cc in 3d ever since

3d GRAPHIXZ AND EXPLOZIONS R MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY GAMEZZZZZ CALL OF DUTY RULEZZZ!!!

The fascinating thing is that new Combat Missions fans only write comments about the graphics. Its like their simple brains are reduced to watching 3d tanks models and nothing else  Laughing

Battlefront forum is depressing read lately. Almost no comments on gameplay, mechanics! Thats not the community I used to know when I was a CMx1 player. Things change they say.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Quote:
The more units one the map the harder to control them in real time. Sometimes I have problems to control 10.

that depends on skill, you know Wink.

Quote:
But the limit is not so unrealistic! Its realistic! In real life most of soldiers route or don't want to shoot at the emeny, so casualties in 2 hours battles are close to those "15 vs 15" in CC:) or the numbers are even less.

in ww2 times infantry battalion had like 500m front of attack. In CC we attack on 500m with companies maximum - that's not realistic and one of the reasons why we have so big casualties Smile.

Quote:
You cant in CMBN.

ahh, that's bad. I was referring to the old CMs.

Quote:
And watch how your soldiers get slaughtered while trying to find the door and knock knock

well, i believe it was worse in old CMs and is definetly worse in LSA Smile.

Quote:
The fascinating thing is that new Combat Missions fans only write comments about the graphics. Its like their simple brains are reduced to watching 3d tanks models and nothing else  
Battlefront forum is depressing read lately. Almost no comments on gameplay, mechanics! Thats not the community I used to know when I was a CMx1 player. Things change they say.

i must say, that till now i generally liked what i've seen in demo - spotting, suppression and maneuvre works just fine Smile.

robert_pl

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Quote:
i must say, that till now i generally liked what i've seen in demo - spotting, suppression and maneuvre works just fine Smile.

Those few elements are nice. But is this enough?

Time will tell. Right now everyone is drooling on 3d graphics and nobody is playing it seriously but you can get bored with 3d graphics alone, very fast. Smile

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

I'm quite impressed, although the demo has stopped working after I played through a couple of the maps. Tank damage is much more realistically portrayed. I don't understand why people are complaining about pathfinding, it appears much, much better than CC's. The only thing the game is really lacking is a strategic map.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy Demo is out! Reply with quote

Yes, i have same experience.

Serk

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy full version release Reply with quote

Hi gents,

I've modified title and first post. The full version is now rdy to download. It cost 55$ and is available for download here!!!

Battlefront.com proudly presents Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (CM:BN)! The new tactical turn-based/real-time WWII wargame is officially released today and available immediately for both the PC and Mac OS X platforms, as download or mail delivery (including the fully printed massive 200 page manual!), starting at only $55. This game is not sold in stores and can be only purchased directly from www.battlefront.com.

What started 11 years ago with the release of multiple Wargame of the Year "Combat Mission Beyond Overlord" (still on PC Gamer's list of Best Games of All Time) is now coming full circle, and finally returning to the beaches and bocage fields of Normandy, France, 1944.

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (CM:BN) faithfully recreates the experience of tactical land warfare in Western France during World War Two. Using the unique Turn-Based (WeGo)/Real-Time hybrid game system of our proprietary CMx2 battle engine, the first installment in this new series covers the three months after the Allied D-Day landings in Normandy in June 1944, from Operation Overlord in June through the Cobra Breakout in August.

Downloads are available immediately. Mail deliveries will begin in the next days in the order they have been received.

The Limited SteelBook[TM] edition is still available in very low numbers. All customers purchasing Mail or Download & Mail Delivery will receive the SteelBook[TM] edition as long as supplies last. After stock runs out, hardgoods consist of the DVD disc, printed 200 page manual as well as a DVD amaray case.

A note to our European customers: all orders for CM:BN will be fulfilled out of our US location until the EU warehouse is stocked. This can take between 4-12 weeks (depending on EU customs delays). Items shipped out of the US to the EU are subject to your country's customs and mail regulations. For more information about international shipments, please see our Terms & Sales Policy page.

Demo is here.

Enjoy and post your comments!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:19 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy full version release Reply with quote

Serk
check your PM messages..........

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy full version release Reply with quote

I  pre-ordered the game now

I started to play road to Montebourg Campaing

and all I can say is that I actually lost battles to AI...
Something I had real difficulty to have in CC.
I don't know if it`s because I'm new to the game or not.
But in CC2 to LSA i think the only way I had big defeat and lost a campaing is in CC2 at the hardest level(wich I'm playing too at CM BN)

I don't think the game as depth as CC, wich you have more control over more stuff.
You can only edit the force pool in Quick Battles, not in Campaing, and there is no strategic maps
However depending of your losse or win, you do different battles in the campaing mode.
I like to play grand campaings vs AI on CC, and I miss that on CM BN

However, when you take single maps and look at the tactical gameplay and don't look toward the campaing mode
that's when CM BN is outstanding.

The arty and Command system is real but I mean real nice.
It's the best I've seen so far. Having single unit feel alone when they don't see friendly troops
Needing commading unit to stick with platoons so they conduct well under fire.

Personally I'm waiting for the 2nd Module Brit force SS and Fallishimjager release.
I'm more british| Caen fields than tough bocage.
The maps can be quite bigger than CC 4X4 KM max.

I don't think it'll make me look away for a CC6 game. But it's definetly something that'll me make able to wait a bit more  Very Happy
and makes me play another RTS than CC(wich is pretty much the only one I play since CCV ).

But it's definetly what I would be looking for the CC6 release + all those nice features of campang we like in CC, CC2 style or CCV whatever. I like to fight the same ground if I fail, not just end a campaing.

Finally, yes I run this game at highest graphic and indeed it is beautifull. Especially Armored vehicule and fields. Buildings are ok I feel they are more placeholders.
But veg. and vehicule looks damn nice. And are well built from what I've read. If it has tracks on it then it's like the mecs did add tracks on the armor so tougher to penetrate. It's all those features that makes the battle moment feels nice.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: