Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Today is supposedly the release date, although there is still nothing available on the matrix site. Anyone interested in starting a GC to test this sucka out?

SLAAKMAN

Rep: 13.2
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

I will!  Twisted Evil

Piers: According to your League site it reports that you lost a game to SLAKKATTAK last night?

US_Brake: Yes I did, but I would rather not discuss that.

Priapus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Great! I'll be around GR today. Fingers crossed Matrix actually stick to the date they stated for release (I'm ever so slightly skeptical...).

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Looks like Matrix is trying to sucker in some more people into buying one of their games and making a big deal about fixing things that shouldn't have been f#%$ed up in the first place.

Look for the re-release of Atari Pong for only $59.95 with Mega Updates to Include:
- Improved Paddle/Ball Pathfinding - Paddle actually moves in direction where you told it too instead of in the opposite direction!
- Redesigned Game/Scoring - Game now records the points you scored instead of giving them to your opponent!
- New Features - Try and find mini Elvis somewhere hidden in the background!

Dont worry, if you already bought the Pong Rerelease you will be given these updates for FREE!

WTF

1972_pong.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.1 KB
 Viewed:  10944 Time(s)

1972_pong.jpg

Priapus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Sold!

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Pong was the first computer war game. I played it 1977.  Shocked

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:29 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

I could never understand the strategy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Lt_2nd wrote (View Post):

WTF

Priceless!!!!  Where's Wally!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
I could never understand the strategy

You had to wait until Pong IV  when I came with a Strat Map!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:36 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

It also sucks that Pong IV was fully editable either.
Still waiting for a proper WorkBook and Some stuff is still hard codded in the .EXE

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Looks like the new downloadable versions will come with all the patches installed, "These new “2.0” versions of Close Combat are expected to be available for sale on June 15th." Hopefully we can who paid for the 1.0 can download these 2.0's.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Priapus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Yeah, those that paid for the originals can download the 2.0 version. I assume it'll be a whole new game download rather than another patch. The rereleases are now being advertised at the slitherine website so I assume it won't be long before they're available at the matrix site too.

edit: just as I finishing writing the above the new versions became available. someone start a GC with me!

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Lt_2nd wrote (View Post):
Looks like Matrix is trying to sucker in some more people into buying one of their games and making a big deal about fixing things that shouldn't have been f#%$ed up in the first place.

Look for the re-release of Atari Pong for only $59.95 with Mega Updates to Include:
- Improved Paddle/Ball Pathfinding - Paddle actually moves in direction where you told it too instead of in the opposite direction!
- Redesigned Game/Scoring - Game now records the points you scored instead of giving them to your opponent!

Dont worry, if you already bought the Pong Rerelease you will be given these updates for FREE!

WTF

So true Laughing

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Just downloaded the patch for LSA from the Matrix Games members section and installed it. There is definitely an improvement noticeable. For example: I ordered a tank to move fast to a dirt road on the top right of a field. The tank is at the bottom of the field on a paved road. The field is bordered by paved road on 2 sides and on 1 side by the dirt road. The tank moves first along the paved road (turns left, turns right, turns right to the dirt road and drives straight to its destination. It moved straight along the roads and it just missed the exact turn into the dirt road by a few meters.
On the other hand though: when ordering to move fast in a straight line across 'dirt' to a position on a paved road it took the long road across paved road - at least 3 times longer than the shortcut across the dirt field.
Still, so far I am happy with this improvement.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

I suppose now is  the time to start using the "mod maker improvements" :?:

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

No Clear Path !

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

Looking at the forums for each version I see the new updates have generated...........

1 post for tLD
2 for WAR and
10 for LSA

No sense in me trying a new GC as my game was already updated to the current version (same as the new patch version) through the members only updates.
So nothing new to me and probably not to anyone else who visits here as I'm sure we all downloaded the updates as they came out.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

It is not clear to me yet what "those mod makers improvements" are.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

I don't know guys, I am sure all of you will make it for the duration, but I am really starting to wonder about myself.  Laughing

It's not like I will be missed, when the door bangs me on the ass that is, but I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.  Laughing

These new releases mark a fantastic overall improvement to the gameplay of the Close Combat games and show the astonishing distance the series has come since its original form many years ago. Be sure to check out the video on YouTube and the preview article at The Wargamer to see what everyone is so excited about!

There’s never been a better time to get in on the famed Close Combat action, especially with our new $5 off promotion!

THATS RIGHT SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED, ACT NOW  Exclamation

Call in the next 30 minutes, and we will throw in the Ginsu steak knives for free  Exclamation

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, AT GREEN VALLEY RACEWAY ... Drasgters! Funny Cars! Close Combat Hoffa Hunt!

Priapus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 am Post subject: Re: matrix hoax email? this 4real??? Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying the GC's I've started. LSA is more fun than CC5.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: