Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1233
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:18 am Post subject: Meuse v3.4 Beta Update File Reply with quote

CHANGES IN V3.4 Beta:

1) Fixed Bruneau and De gaulle commanders pics by darkening the white areas - Thanks Aetius (ScrnGadg.gdg updated in v3.3 after initial release)
2) Fixed Multiplayer selection screen crooked center line (ScrnGadg.gdg updated in v3.3 after initial release)
3) Fixed Rocroi map as 2 buildings did not have shadows (Rocroi.bgm updated Oct. 10/2004 if yours is older download the map again)
4) Fixed St Michel map exit VL to Brognon it was under the exit VL to Chimay (StMare.btd)
5) Fixed Marbaix map as a lot of tree shadows did not have trees (Isigny.txt and .los)
6) Fixed French AMR 35 HMG removed 2nd turret mg and AMR 35 25mmhull removed turret MG (vehicle.adb)
7) Fixed weapon #86 4.7cm/L43 (t) weight was 1526 set to 0 as it is part of a vehicle (Weapons.adb)
Cool Fixed single battle crash by making sure every row in CC5 that had a wreck has a wreck in Meuse (Vehicles.adb)
9) Changed the US star battle status indicator symbols to French circles (TerrainA.stm)
10) Changed French vehicles #75 & #76 S 20 size 9 to 11 and element radius 1 to 2 (Tanks.azp & Vehicles.adb)
11) Changed German vehicle #19 8.8cm Flak auf 12 t SdKfz 8 ammo to 20 AP 20 HE (Weapons.adb) ???Should I have left this???
12) Changed German weapon #18 8.8cm Flak 18 increased kill rating at close & med distance slightly (Weapons.adb)
13) Changed Rocroi map so that the southeastern ridge is higher (Rocroi.txt and Rocroi.los)
14) Changed/recalculated vehicle "Best Mount", "Best Gun" and "Best Kill" ratings (Vehicles.adb)
15) Changed French weapon #15 75mm SA35 L/17 increased HE kill raitings (Weapons.adb)
16) Changed French weapon #54 47mm SA34 L/21 increased AP kill raitings (Weapons.adb)
17) Changed French Panhard #59, 77 & 78 reduced front/side and rear/side armour as the armour is angled so it is flat to the shooter (Vehicles.adb)
1Cool Changed elements "Dirt", "Dirt Roads", "Leaves & Dirt" and "Bare Branches & Dirt" to match the rows in stock CC5 as rain turns them to mud (Elements.adb)
19) Changed Rommel's Raid Campaign so that German BG's arrivals match the Grand Campaign
20) Changed Houx map east entry VL changed from 100 to 50 points so that for single battles German BG's start there (Houx.btd)
21) Added some single battles

The following assault fire values for tanks may not make any difference as tanks shoot on the move either way but I did them:
22) Fixed French weapon #25 37mm SA18 L/21 set assault fire to true, used by FT17, R 35, H 35, H 38 & Laffly 37mm (Weapons.adb)
23) Fixed French weapon #32 37mm SA38 L/33 set assault fire to true, used by FCM36, H 39 & R40 (Weapons.adb)
24) Fixed French #60 FM31 Coax set assault fire to true (Weapons.adb)
25) Fixed French #66 FM31 Bow set assault fire to true (Weapons.adb)
26) Fixed German weapon #95 7.5cm L/24 set assault fire to true, used by Stug IIIa, PzIVC & PzIVD (Weapons.adb)
27) Fixed German weapon #97 3.7cm KwK L/46.5 set assault fire to true, used by Pz IIIE/F (Weapons.adb)
2Cool Fixed German weapon #50 Coax MG13 set assault fire to true (Weapons.adb)

In order to provide a small download and to get people working single battles asap I have created this update file "Meuse v3.4 Beta.zip". Only download this file if you know how to manually copy your files into the proper CC5 directories.

I have removed the ScrnGadg.gdg file (affects #1 and #2 above) and tanks.azp to reduce the file size and the elements.adb file as I haven't updated all the map .txt files for the new element file yet (affects #18 above).

Meuse v3.4 Beta.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Meuse v3.4 Beta.zip
 Filesize:  125.22 KB
 Downloaded:  565 Time(s)

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

TJ can i d/l the full plugin,and does it have all the updates?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11) Changed German vehicle #19 8.8cm Flak auf 12 t SdKfz 8 ammo to 20 AP 20 HE (Weapons.adb) ???Should I have left this???

The ammo load is rite.Maybe 10AP /30HE or 15AP/30HE would be more historical Smile

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war,

The full plugin has not been updated and is still at v3.3. I'm still planning to make some more changes to Meuse but I wanted to allow people to play single battles so I did this small update that needs to be added on top of v3.3.

Dima,

Thanks for the feedback. The original version of the mod had 10AP and 30HE but in reading the little information I could find on 8.8cm Flak auf 12 t SdKfz 8 said that it was intended for an anti-tank and bunker busting role. Thus I changed the ammo to 20AP and 20HE but I have no hard facts to back it up....

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The original version of the mod had 10AP and 30HE but in reading the little information I could find on 8.8cm Flak auf 12 t SdKfz 8 said that it was intended for an anti-tank and bunker busting role. Thus I changed the ammo to 20AP and 20HE but I have no hard facts to back it up....

as far as CC force guns to fire AP shells at enemy guns increasing of AP ammunition is reasonable. Smile

StasiuX

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

cool update Smile

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

slems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a problem with this mod Crying or Very sad
not so important but a bit...
french was second line troopers, yeah
the main "gun" they've got was the "lebel" with a range and accuracy which enable them to deal better than the german SMG squad at far shot exchanges...
so i don't understand why the german could cross the bridge so easily, like a simple entertainment, "ten hut" is the world for i think (using it for marching training...)
i think datas are not good to this point, and the game suffer from this, i don't know what do u think about... (sure it is very cool playing the german and moving toward on open field without any resistance !!!)

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Slems,

Thanks for the feedback.

_________Reload Clip_TimeToFire_AssaultFire_Base_RangeMed_Range Long
French Lebel___200_______10_____False____372____120_____400
French Mas____110_______10_____True____398____120_____400
German Mauser_100________5_____True____398____120_____400
German MP35__100________4_____True____350_____60_____100

Based on the above data the German rifleman can get more bullets in the air. But machines guns are less accurate and don't have the range.

As the French make sure you're not moving your Lebel rifleman around as they can not fire on the move.

slems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hoping datas were a bit "false", so the mod could be a bit harder when playing german...
but i don't say i don't like the mod itself, and i hope u will continue updating it, especially with new maps Very Happy

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the updated vetmods to work with the v3.4 beta files;

Meuse_Vet_German.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Meuse_Vet_German.zip
 Filesize:  9.34 KB
 Downloaded:  383 Time(s)

Meuse_Vet_French.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Meuse_Vet_French.zip
 Filesize:  57.3 KB
 Downloaded:  346 Time(s)

Chopper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to obtain a copy or version 2.5 or earlier of this mod? This version had the unit icons that I think Molich or Leur did way back ago.

Sajer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with this Meuse mod, first off it doesn't even load up, I get an error saying something about a missing video directory and then the game closes, secondly when manually installing v3.4 Beta the readme quotes install locations as the following:

*.adb to \data\base\
*.btd, *.los and *.txt \Maps\
TerrainA.stm to \Graphics\
May13 Dinant, May13 Houx, May13 Montherme & May15 Philippeville \Data\Battles\
Rommel's Raid \Data\Campaign\

There was however no TerrainA.stm file in the v3.4 zip folder in the first place! Also with these German and French vet files there aren't even any installation instructions! While I realise you all know what you're doing some of us however don't have a clue where to start, so some decent instructions would be helpful!

Can anyone here help me with the above problems or are you all dead now?

Thanks,

Sajer

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sajer,

Adding a video subdirectory under the main game directory is documented in the meuse mod v3.3 readme (this is required for a number of mods). After adding this directory make sure you download the intro videos (or copy the originals from the game CD) or will get another error that crash the game.

TerrainA.stm - sorry it was missed in the beta zip file, thanks for the feedback (small graphics change).

Vet mods - these are plugins to be installed with the plugin manager (there is readme within the plugin on the changes the vet mod makes). If you want to install them manually look at the instal.txt. Note, only one of them can be installed at a time.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: