Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1226
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Troll69

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 pm Post subject: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Sorry for my english I´m from Spain, not my language. I will try to do it readable. Rolling Eyes  Wink

Has anyone played this mod?

I founded that the polish 40 mm anti aircraft is like the 20 mm (Panzer II) for the men, but against tanks, it´s devastating!

It has nearly 200 rounds and shots 3 volleys each time Shocked, the 37 anti tank cannon has near 40 AP rounds but only shots one each time...

It destroys Panzer´s D short barrel and Panzer´s II quickly!

Every time I a face a tank It destroys it before he blows up my anti aircarft, If the tank shots me maybe a round if he can turns the turret quickly, he already has 6 or more rounds in his hull before I have a scratch!

First time I played was with german, and my tanks were destroyed before I saw who shots me and from where.
I thought that it was a special artillery barrage or a very powerful tank/anti-tank ambushed that I couldn´t see, but I never thought that it was the 40 mm anti-aircraft! I discovered it after two plays with the germans and then changed to play with the polish.

In the first map of the mod, I saw in the right upper corner a destroyed maybe 140 mm cannon? It´s a very big cannon, but it´s drawned in the map, it´s not operational, so I thought that more of them where shooting to me, with barrage or direct fire. What a surprise to see in CC this gun and how effective is !!!

And against men are the same, only lossing my firing line, the men can be safe. Terrible weapon. Shocked

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

I don't recall using the 40 mm but if you want a h2h game, meet me on Gameranger, I have the mod.

1939 ok4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.5 KB
 Viewed:  6654 Time(s)

1939 ok4.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troll69

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I never played a h2h, but my brother-in-law, who showed me the CC games years ago, used to play with CC5 with a fellow in Argentina, he tells me that then is when the games shines! He tells me how he was surpassed by a lot of´s T-34 in a scenary!

Thanks for the offer. I need to learn first how to do that, I mean how to make a H2H, I will read in the forums and in the manual how to do this, It scared a me a little, too  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

I will look for Gameranger. Any clue about it?  Idea

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

All you need to play h2h is 3.60 update

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/335/downloads/

and sign up at http://www.gameranger.com/

then host a room so that other COI players know you want a game.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troll69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 am Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Thanks! It´s seems easy when I read it, I will look for it, I dislike how to configure multiplayers with IP´s, host, and so on, since Medal Of Honour FPS when I never get it to play multiplayer. In Call Of Duty 1 I managed to play it, but it´s not a FPS this time! It´s the Great Close Combat. huau!.
I have the v3.60b not v3.60, tomorrow I will see, It´s here 2:24 AM, I need rest.

I will check  http://www.gameranger.com/

Thanks again US Brake, see you. Very Happy  Cool

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Troll69 wrote (View Post):
Sorry for my english I´m from Spain, not my language. I will try to do it readable. Rolling Eyes  Wink

Has anyone played this mod?

I founded that the polish 40 mm anti aircraft is like the 20 mm (Panzer II) for the men, but against tanks, it´s devastating!

It has nearly 200 rounds and shots 3 volleys each time Shocked, the 37 anti tank cannon has near 40 AP rounds but only shots one each time...

It destroys Panzer´s D short barrel and Panzer´s II quickly!

Every time I a face a tank It destroys it before he blows up my anti aircarft, If the tank shots me maybe a round if he can turns the turret quickly, he already has 6 or more rounds in his hull before I have a scratch!

First time I played was with german, and my tanks were destroyed before I saw who shots me and from where.
I thought that it was a special artillery barrage or a very powerful tank/anti-tank ambushed that I couldn´t see, but I never thought that it was the 40 mm anti-aircraft! I discovered it after two plays with the germans and then changed to play with the polish.

In the first map of the mod, I saw in the right upper corner a destroyed maybe 140 mm cannon? It´s a very big cannon, but it´s drawned in the map, it´s not operational, so I thought that more of them where shooting to me, with barrage or direct fire. What a surprise to see in CC this gun and how effective is !!!

And against men are the same, only lossing my firing line, the men can be safe. Terrible weapon. Shocked

It's because German tanks of the beginning of WWII had horribly thin armour, even Panzer IVs. Their main advantage was in massed use and tactical flexibility offered by radios and 3 man turrets.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Yeah, but did the polish aa guns have ap shells? Wink

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Hi Dima,

No idea about what ammunition the Poles used, but the British didn't use an AP round in 1939, at that time it was all HE.

First use of semi-AP was in mid 1941 and full AP following around beginning 1942. performance of these rounds is ( like all penetration data ) obscure! Confused  however the figure I have for SAP gives 25mm@30 at 1300yds, while the AP is comparable to the 2pdr AP round.

I have heard however that some AP ammunition was used in the Winter War by Finnish forces, so its possible that it was available at the time (maybe produced by Sweden).

It should be borne in mind that these were primarily anti aircraft weapons and even if they did carry AP it would be only a small proportion of their ammunition load, for self defence purposes.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 am Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Hello Men

The Bofors 40mm AA system had AP rounds already in 1934. The Poles made most of there guns under licence. In sep 1939 the army had received some 306 guns organized into 35 AA batteries.
About ammunition, there were many many makers of munitions to this very popular gun. An British service manual dated 1941 lists a huge amount of munitions types, 41 types of HE rounds, 9 semi-AP , 5 AP, 24 practice ammunition types and also special munitions as 4 clearing barrel, 6 proof munitions, and many other types..
The British introduced the AP in 1940, as the gun was to be used in Anti Tank role if/when Germany invaded (source Terry Gander).

I do not have penetration tables for the gun, but IIRC the round weight is twice the 37mm AT guns, and the velocity is the same. So it ought to be rather effective in AT role. But, how common was it that a 40mm fired at a tank?

Did the poles have AP? I don’t know.. Therion, does the Poles war forum mention anything?

/S

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

Yeah, the main question is if AP shells were issued to the Polish AA guns in any considerable amount Smile.
F.e. in Jentz Panzertruppen there are number of reports about the German tank actions and main threats were well-camouflaged AT guns, (same Bofors probably Wink), but AA guns are only listed in the Polish casualties.

We know alot of cases when general ammunition availability was not the same as ammunition availability to units due to doctrine limitations.

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: The mighty 40 mm in Poland´39 mod for COI. Reply with quote

wrong,Polish army have 358 guns 40mm in 1939

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: