Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 am Post subject: An interesting story. Reply with quote

So, I was linked a kind of site by one of Germany fans in discussion on another site:

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/deathinpoland/dp00.html

It has all sorts of hot war crime actions by Poles. Murder of civilians, rapes, torture, etc.
Does anyone know about it? Is it real or some other event misrepresented by Nazi propaganda (I've read about shooting of German diversants/suspected diversant in Bromberg, but nothing more from official sources)?
It would be pretty cool if it would be true (I hate that goody goody two shoes boy scout image of Polish army and I always envied Germans having cool evil units like SS), but I find that source dubious.

The order 59 sounds particularly cool but I can't find anything about it.

Does anyone know any neutral sources on it?

Here's something retarded:
http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/nexus/NXebstravelreport.html

Quote:
The tour agenda also included a visit to a museum of Christmas cribs (nativity scenes). According to the posted prices, admission was 10 Czech crowns, a very modest sum.

Maybe it was very modest because Czechs couldn't afford to pay more because of circumstances independent from them?

Quote:
When our Czech tour guide returned from the counter and announced that admission for foreigners was 30 crowns, I protested loudly and left the building. Aside from three or four persons, all the other tour members followed my lead. This was not a matter of money, it was a matter of principle.

A principle of not paying dirty foreigners as much as her countrymen?

Quote:
In Germany such an "anti-foreigner" policy would not be tolerated.

Of course it wouldn't be. If Germans would implement such a policy, they would have to give lower prices to Eastern Europeans so that they could use their services for the same amount of work as they - for example they would have to be able to get museum tickets that are for 3 times lower price in DMs.

Quote:
We had a similar experience in a restaurant, which we visited as German tour group and where we were charged DM 15.00 for a bowl of cabbage soup and a plate of barley, a meal worth perhaps DM 2.00.

Because it was prepared by dirty Czechs, not by Germans?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

Hehehe, it's not 'anti-foreigner' attitude, it's 'anti-German' attitude in the Czech republic. I was in Prague, and as Dutch sounds pretty similar to German to many, we had to sometime specifically add "we're Dutch, not German", and then everybody livened up and treated us better. Probably still some war sentiments lingering.

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
Hehehe, it's not 'anti-foreigner' attitude, it's 'anti-German' attitude in the Czech republic. I was in Prague, and as Dutch sounds pretty similar to German to many, we had to sometime specifically add "we're Dutch, not German", and then everybody livened up and treated us better. Probably still some war sentiments lingering.

I see. It's kinda weird that people are still butthurt about a war from 65 years ago. One would think that economic inequalities between individuals doing the same work would be more aggravating.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

Wonder if they like Finns in Czech.  Question  Smile

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

What are Finns like?

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

Damn, it turned out to be a Nazi propaganda Sad .
Basically the whole Bromborg thing was about fighting diversants and executions of Germans suspected of diversion - 385 Germans were killed. Damn and the Order 59 would such a cool name for a comic book or a black metal band Smile ...

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

It reads a little too dramatic, it sounds like a novel not an accurate historical piece.

kweniston wrote (View Post):

Sounds like a Canadian politely telling every one he's NOT American  Exclamation

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

Sounds like a Canadian politely telling every one he's NOT American  Exclamation

I know, met some of those!  Cool

Even met several Americans saying "don't get us wrong, we're not like most Americans"  Smile

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 am Post subject: Re: An interesting story. Reply with quote

Therion wrote (View Post):
What are Finns like?

We drink a lot, I hear there is cheap beer in Czech so I'm sure Finns would like it there.  Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: