Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1248
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
unleashed

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:42 pm Post subject: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

What do you have to do to defeat a Panther G tank? I can barely manage to destroy one let alone five on a map. Any help would be great.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

Slowly retreat until they run out of fuel. Then hopefully you can get some good tanks behind them and BANG!

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

Flank them.  Ambush.  A/TK guns in pairs.  Shoot 'em in the ass.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

Usually hiding a sherman after a corner. If quick enough, you may be able to take its back, shoot and hide back if you catch him by the rear.
Bazookas remain the best to take them out for me, but usually miss a lot.

And yeah, never taking them frontally, nor deploying in open areas.

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

unleashed

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I usually try to get behind them and shoot but it doesn't always work. My bazooka teams manage to take out one but they're then annihilated by another. I'll try your methods and see how it goes. Thanks!

rooibos

Rep: 7.3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 am Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

against a player or against the ai?

ai is a sucker for traps.
load up some prey such as a stuart, armored cars, etc etc. roll em out in front of tank killers like fireflies or even regular shermans

this is a twofold action:  it gets the enemy to show you where he is, and it means if he shoots you have a few seconds after to fire at him, potentially get a 2nd shot off, or just relocate.

sometimes if you're lucky he'll miss your bait and you don't have to sacrifice some light armor.

bait method #2

is similar but you set your bait up in a different location. this way when mr panther turns his turret to shoot at the stuart, you roll out from behind a house and fire off a shot. often means that after you shoot you can jsut back up into your hiding spot and be safe again.

i try to keep these manoveurs alll onthe same screen so i don't have to scroll. that way, if you're fast you can set up enough of an attack to minimize your own losses while maximizing his.

i also like the whack a mole method.
this works if you've got eyes on the panther, say from an infantry unit that is hidden but can see its location

take 2 (or more) of whatever tank you're using to hunt the panther, say behind houses on opposite sides of the panther. or at least north/south of each other.

send tank 1 out, take a shot and then immediately retreat him back to his spot.
send tank 2 out, presuming the enemy's turret is now facing to where your last tank stepped out, take a shot then retreat to cover.
repeat until he moves or is destroyed.

..or you screw up and mess up the timing (or the tank dance begins) and he kills you

the terrible pathfinding in tanks is a real shame. it would make tank battles so much more fun if it were easier to roll in and out of cover quickly.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:33 am Post subject: Re: What tactics do you use to destroy a Panther G? Reply with quote

Don't waste your Armored cars or Stuarts.
Instead run a recon team out in the open and waste them.
This way the Panther fires his shot then loads an HE round to fire again.
While he is loading move and fire whatever your using,this way you may get two shots at him.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: