Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
blinddog14

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 am Post subject: red box? Reply with quote

O.K, this is probably old biz for most of you hardened vets. I just learned about the red ammo boxes you might find laying about in some of the buildings~ which cleared up a question or two, but with a couple of add-ons~ Ramelle and Mustra~ I've had a couple of the same buildings blow without the aid of a red box. What am I missing? I've looked at the maps, but cannot discern any oddity.
Also, I've read mines were not a big factor in putting together CC2, but has anyone created a mine mod or plug-in or whatever?
thanks from a mule riding hillbilly,
the blinddog
p.s. If I shouldn't post under "forums", pls let me know...

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 am Post subject: Re: red box? Reply with quote

maybe the AI has used a Churchill AVRE....it's single round can devastate a building, just like an exploding red box....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: red box? Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the map graphic is not the "real" map. The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned. The "real" map is the mapname.txt file that defines every 10x10 pixel (2x2 meters at game scale) area of the map graphic as a specific terrain element type. A list of all the terrain element types used in each CC version is found in the \Data\Base\Elements file. From CC3 on, you can right click on the map graphic and see the name of the terrain element type under the cursor.

The "red boxes" on CC2 map graphics are coded in the \Data\Maps\mapname file as terrain element #141 - Munitions. However, any portion of a CC2 map graphic like Ramelle can be arbitrarily coded as Munitions - in effect creating a large hidden mine.

Nude.jpg
 Description:
The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned.
 Filesize:  168.62 KB
 Viewed:  7939 Time(s)

Nude.jpg

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:13 am Post subject: Re: red box? Reply with quote

Oh...... I REALLY want THIS MOD !!!!   ;)

.... strategically (tactically??) placed infantry and AFV!!!  Smile

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 am Post subject: Re: red box? Reply with quote

Quote:
strategically (tactically??)

Lasciviously?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: red box? Reply with quote

thumb wrote (View Post):
Keep in mind that the map graphic is not the "real" map. The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned. The "real" map is the mapname.txt file that defines every 10x10 pixel (2x2 meters at game scale) area of the map graphic as a specific terrain element type. A list of all the terrain element types used in each CC version is found in the \Data\Base\Elements file. From CC3 on, you can right click on the map graphic and see the name of the terrain element type under the cursor.

The "red boxes" on CC2 map graphics are coded in the \Data\Maps\mapname file as terrain element #141 - Munitions. However, any portion of a CC2 map graphic like Ramelle can be arbitrarily coded as Munitions - in effect creating a large hidden mine.

Haha... I luv that map  Very Happy .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: