Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:42 am Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

I wish I was famous like all these other ex- CSO dudes............ Crying or Very sad

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 am Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
I wish I was famous like all these other ex- CSO dudes............ Crying or Very sad
No need for all that envy and jealousy Grunty, though green becomes you (olive drab)

You ARE famous my friend!

Its unnescesary to make mods, or enter into political/religious debates to become a memorable member of the community. You just need a colourfull personality (not feld grau or khaki)

You made many memorable contributions at CSO, (e.g. the sniper dog just to mention one of many).

May you live long in the memories of the CC community cobber

cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 am Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Grunt was a major contributor for the WaR release... even though he didn't know it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Close Combat fans are COOL.  Very Happy

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Grunt was a major contributor for the WaR release... even though he didn't know it.

That is still an un-told story, though a few people did notice ......

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Maybe this...is...what happened to the forum....(CSO)

There got to be a point where there just wasn't enough of a CC fanbase (or enough CC itself for that matter) to support 2 comprehensive CC sites (offering the whole shebang) .....and in the batttle for survival, the strongest survived.

And this little forum (and very likely, for a brief moment) offers a venue for those with any degree of nostalgia for CSO (good, or, bad, as the case may be) to play silly bugger and prattle or carp about the good (or bad) olde days... or in my case...to cheerlead....Vivre Le CC!

cheers to all (even the pooch)

nichols

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Just checking in, how is everyone doing?

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

From a CC6 point of view ?
or more generally speaking ?

nichols

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

FFL_Kklinkk wrote (View Post):

Generally speaking...health, family.....

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

nichols wrote (View Post):
FFL_Kklinkk wrote (View Post):

Generally speaking...health, family.....

Mr Nichols... they guy who years ago called me and I figured was a prank!

Doing great! Family wise and work wise! How about you?

nichols

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote (View Post):

Mr Nichols... they guy who years ago called me and I figured was a prank!

Doing great! Family wise and work wise! How about you?

We're doing great also;

17 yr old is looking at going to Georgetown next year.
9 yr old took his last chemo 14 months ago after a three year battle with leukemia
8 yr has no fear.....

Work is about the same, keyed on culture & language games for a few years, now going back to the holodeck.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Was anxious to hear about the 9 year old.. I remember the Caring Bridge and didnt want to mention it outright in case the news was bad..

nichols

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

He is now a regular 9 year old, some rough spots where we thought we were losing him but it looks like he won the battle. He took his last chemo on 9 Nov 2010 after 1169 days in treatment, 5 bone marrow scrapes, 23 spinal taps, thousands of chemo pills, hundreds of shots, mutliple emergency room runs.....

Now he is just a regular kid with regular issues. Next november if the is no relapse he will be catagorized as 85% cured.

The below link has pictures of his journey:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1199252627148.2031468.1403506178&type=1&l=ebb66622ff

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: What happened to the forum? Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. Good luck to him and your family in the future.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: