Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

zcharles, you are my hero! Smile
mod works i do confirm

Red

Rep: 39.8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

thanks great mod!

zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

I must admit that to have finally some positive feedback is really good!

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Zcharles - how did you cretae Forcepools? I mean have you used any tools (like Triarius tool) or did this "classic way"?

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Classic way, exel. There are some differences, for example there is the reinforcement line that i didn't use this time. But the system of forcepool is MUCH easier than cc5 now, really much easier.
PS: are you interested in helping us to re-make the Stalingrad mod for CCLSA? This is a looooong term project, anyway.
Veeeeery long.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

zcharles wrote (View Post):
PS: are you interested in helping us to re-make the Stalingrad mod for CCLSA? This is a looooong term project, anyway.
Veeeeery long.

????? I didn't know you were working on the CCLSA Stalingrad mod!!!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

It was a very time consuming ordeal to create but once done this made things very easy for me when making changes to WAR.
Especially when you factor in I had "NO" experience in working with Data for any CC game.
I also added Hyperlinks from each BG page to the exact FP line in the workbook,thus once my changes were done I could just jump instantly to the proper slot of the enormously huge Force Pool Tab.
Unfortunately I converted this Book to the workbook I'm currently using for VetBoB and never saved an original copy for just WAR.

Hopefully someone saved a copy of that as I seem to recall I uploaded it.
Pretty disappointing to me that I cant find the original.

UO0082.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  275.93 KB
 Viewed:  16181 Time(s)

UO0082.jpg

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Veeeeery long.

It depends what you need - im only good at dealing with excel Wink
PM me if intersted. BTW I modded a littte bit your WaR mod.
Here are changes I find neccessary for our games:

elements.txt
-small hedge. blocks LOS
-guns hinder. higly increased

weapons.txt
-AT weapons can fire at anything
-no firing animation for sniper rifles, effective range 300m
-bazooka range 160, Shreck 200, PB at 130, accuracy highly imporved. Up to 100m its quite effective
-naval barrage=mortar barrage
-rifles highly improved

soldiers.txt
-mortar ammo reduced to 6 HE and 15 Smoke rounds

als/axs.txt
-Snipers changed from Leader Asst to commander
-bazooka team has command

vehicles.txt
-guns armour increased - front, side and top armoour.
So if you attack a gun from front you will mostly suppress enemy, maybe kill somebody. From side you have quite a chance and from rear:100% chance of success
Basically, Guns are now very important weapons! Mortar support will probably kill half of the team. MGs are effective weapons.
-cars armour reduced. I kill a halftruck with mortar support 1 per 5 supports

forcepools.txt
-snipers added

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Platoon, if you recive a copy, please let me know!
BTW here is a great tool, but needs some fixing to have it working with mods: http://www.beleggingsleer.be/CCtLD/

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Finally got it working.

Unfortunately I see many errors.
1) Why are the Germans so weak at the beginning of a GC?
2) Where's the BG STRPATCH_000? Currently I get the little purple dot,tells me they either aren't there or saved improperly.
3) Lots of graphic errors,just take a look at the Scenario Editor screen.

Sorry zcharles,but you still got a long way to go here.

Kojusoki,
I've seen that but I just didn't find it informative or useful as what I did.
I personally need something much more visual just so I don't have to remember it all.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

@Kojusoki
I found an old copy,
Give me some time to update it.
This one was based on patches from way back.

Unless you want to update it yourself?

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Finally got it working.

Unfortunately I see many errors.
1) Why are the Germans so weak at the beginning of a GC?
2) Where's the BG STRPATCH_000? Currently I get the little purple dot,tells me they either aren't there or saved improperly.
3) Lots of graphic errors,just take a look at the Scenario Editor screen.

Sorry zcharles,but you still got a long way to go here.

Well Platoon, happy to see that you install the mod, but I must admit you are really, REALLY HOSTILE.
Note: I do not make mods to reach perfection.
I do not make mods to recive hostility you have given to me from the beginning, and I don't know why.
I won't work anymore on this mod, it will remain as it is, because it unperfected but fuckin funny!

And now: the number of forces IS THAT OF THE ORIGINAL GAME DIVIDED BY 2.
I made a simple copy.past from CC4 and divided it by 2 because this is the way CCLSA was setted, to play with battlegroups that use only some times 3 platoons, and most of times less than 3 platoons.
In terms of game this is a great improvement, and the champaign (I made 3 times) is MUCH more funny by this way, and numbers are historically correct.

Yes the mod is full of graphics errors, BUT IS  READY NOW! I should have worked on it for months with few results, and for what? Some graphic improvement? Bah.

Dear platoon: you are the best, your mod is the best, you can really mod well; my mod sucks, my history cognitions are wrong, I am just an imperfect modder that should have never made this bad mod.
Just disinstall it (if you can), and don't play it. Stop.

Thanks to other players for their positive feedbacks.

About Stalingrad:
YES!
This is for now just a plan, but Stalingrad is by far THE BEST MOD EVER!
IT would be great to move it to the CCLSA system.
YES, YES!
Would you join us in re-making your mod? (he he!)
It would be great.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

I'm so sorry that when you were sitting in your little chair performing your incredible copy/cut/paste skills that you thought you were going to receive "Incredible Recognition" for your Mod. _ "THAT" was an insult,my first towards you,and if your lucky the last.
When posting in the forums be sure to understand that...........

Questions are for questions.
Help is for help.
Advice is for advice.
Feedback is for Feedback.

Manoi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

About Stalingrad:
YES!
This is for now just a plan, but Stalingrad is by far THE BEST MOD EVER!
IT would be great to move it to the CCLSA system.
YES, YES!
Would you join us in re-making your mod? (he he!)
It would be great.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9141

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

@zcharles

Quote:
Well Platoon, happy to see that you install the mod, but I must admit you are really, REALLY HOSTILE.

Don't take it bad.
Even if platoon_michael may seems rude, you may take into considerations his comments.
Your mod is more than a challenge especially for the german side. Their force is so weak than you cannot imagine to win a map when you play the campaign the first day.
You should take a look into that

zcharles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 am Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Those are the numbers on the field, taken from cc4 and Osprey.
Infact the attack should be made via panzerdivisions, infantry should just wait for the enemy to be surrounded. The difference is that in cc4 you could use all your groups and always fill 3 platoons, here not, here you use the whole force pool, and is much better.
We made the campaign 3 times, try this tecnique:
1: german infantry does not attack, americans are ALWAYS from 2:1 to 4:1 the number of germans.
2: all panzer divisions attack without care the loss of tanks and surround american divisions.

By this way the german line can reach the historical positions exactly like in cc4. Anyway We've started a new champaign yesterday with me using germans, i made total victory with Piper and Cochenauen, no need to waste infantry to attack solid positions. I'll tell you more about the ongoing champaign.
Try it, it's exactly like CC4.

The fact is that in 1945 german divisions where almost 1/2 or 1/3 than allied divisions, so for example the 106 division alone had much more men than the whole 26 and 62 volks, or than the two FJ divisions.

Try with this panzer tactic, you will see.

Manoi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Zcharles ->What is the size of the soldiers?

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

small size, you find it in soldier and soldierb under /GRAPHICS.
Use them for your mod!
I'm still waiting an answer about the help I can offer; I can do quite everything from sounds to graphics to data to maps, as explained on your cc5  Stalingrad channel.
Best in data and sound.
I can be very precise if we are many and can divide work; the mod you see here and the mod before has been done quickly for a quick play.
Greetings!

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Hi
I like playing your mod  Twisted Evil
But why do the germans lose moral when they win a battle?

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: CCLSA mod: Wach Am Rehin DOWNLOAD Reply with quote

Usually I do not play with morale rules; anyway, if germans has less flags than allies they loose morale and vice-versa.
If your inflict high losses to enemy and you suffer few, you receive many flags for free at the end of the battle.
This is why I don't like morale...
Try to play without the setting "battle ends when force morale gets too low".
Thanks for your feedback, enjoy!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: